SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you think every player who knelt at the NDSU game on Saturday fully understand the political history and implications with kneeling during the national anthem and silently protesting, than you are giving 18-22 year old football players way too much credit. If given the opportunity to support my Bison brothers back in the day in a way that would have made them feel like I see them as equals, I would have done it in a heart beat and I hope that the rest of my teammates would have done the same. Those kids have been through some serious things together and likely had some pretty intense conversation revolving around these issues in the last 7 months. I'm glad that they are supporting each other through it.

?

why wouldn't/didn't you see your "brothers" as equals?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you think every player who knelt at the NDSU game on Saturday fully understand the political history and implications with kneeling during the national anthem and silently protesting, than you are giving 18-22 year old football players way too much credit. If given the opportunity to support my Bison brothers back in the day in a way that would have made them feel like I see them as equals, I would have done it in a heart beat and I hope that the rest of my teammates would have done the same. Those kids have been through some serious things together and likely had some pretty intense conversation revolving around these issues in the last 7 months. I'm glad that they are supporting each other through it.

NDSU needs to do some educating

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I sure hope UND doesn’t start this BS during their season.  College sports are the only sports I follow.  I don’t need athletes using there supposed platform to tell me their political views.  Do it on their own time, own social media, etc.  As an alum, with differing views, who donates money to the University, that’s what I expect.  If they choose to go political, I pull my support.  Pretty simple.

It appears you have a similar opinion to some folks who went to ndsu

15 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I sure hope UND doesn’t start this BS during their season.  College sports are the only sports I follow.  I don’t need athletes using there supposed platform to tell me their political views.  Do it on their own time, own social media, etc.  As an alum, with differing views, who donates money to the University, that’s what I expect.  If they choose to go political, I pull my support.  Pretty simple.

If I see something like that and UND doesn't address and correct the Issue.  I will demand a refund kn season tickets and never donate again.

• Upvote 4

"aww geez if that rapist would've just put his hands behind his back he would be able to walk" bubba (saves a few lives of his current players in the future)

"BLM" matt (more than likely just signed off on a death certificate of a few of his players sometime in the future)

3 hours ago, Gothmog said:

What are you saying? In your mind are the people of Minnesota mostly for or mostly against the topics mentioned in the OP?

People in MN do not care or believe about a lot of this... the state is sooo divided and Minneapolis burned... elected officials ignored it. Businesses are closing all over... ND and SD look good to us.

Our gov called outstate MN “just rocks and cows” and insulted our National Guard as a “bunch of 19 year old cooks.”

Apathy is worse than negative behavior..... I did not watch the game but if the Bison took a knee NOT GOOD. Bad enough in pro sports but not college. Total reflection on the school and coaches. Sports should not be a political statement... but I am old, crotchety, and conservative. Did the Fourm have anything about this?

2 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

People in MN do not care or believe about a lot of this... the state is sooo divided and Minneapolis burned... elected officials ignored it. Businesses are closing all over... ND and SD look good to us.

Our gov called outstate MN “just rocks and cows” and insulted our National Guard as a “bunch of 19 year old cooks.”

Apathy is worse than negative behavior..... I did not watch the game but if the Bison took a knee NOT GOOD. Bad enough in pro sports but not college. Total reflection on the school and coaches. Sports should not be a political statement... but I am old, crotchety, and conservative. Did the Fourm have anything about this?

McFooly had to change his underwear 5 times just writing his column on this topic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Brett Weinstein has a very interesting take on the various incarnations of BLM.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"aww geez if that rapist would've just put his hands behind his back he would be able to walk" bubba (saves a few lives of his current players in the future)

"BLM" matt (more than likely just signed off on a death certificate of a few of his players sometime in the future)

BLM Matt:D.  I love it.

Lack of leadership.  Lack of perspective.  Lack of history.  College football players should have enough intelligence and guidance to avoid alienating more than half their fan base.  And, the financial support.....more than likely from successful business persons and high wage earners......these folks tend to lean right. 

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

BLM Matt:D.  I love it.

Lack of leadership.  Lack of perspective.  Lack of history.  College football players should have enough intelligence and guidance to avoid alienating more than half their fan base.  And, the financial support.....more than likely from successful business persons and high wage earners......these folks tend to lean right. 

Excellent post...enough said!

12 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I sure hope UND doesn’t start this BS during their season.  College sports are the only sports I follow.  I don’t need athletes using their supposed platform to tell me their political views.  Do it on their own time, own social media, etc.  As an alum, with differing views, who donates money to the University, that’s what I expect.  If they choose to go political, I pull my support.  Pretty simple.

Good News for you.  You will not have to wait to pull your support.  Per a recent news story in the GFH, BLM has infiltrated the UND hockey program.  You can now pull your support and send your Jefferson to your favorite cult.  Pretty Simple.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Good News for you.  You will not have to wait to pull your support.  Per a recent news story in the GFH, BLM has infiltrated the UND hockey program.  You can now pull your support and send your Jefferson to your favorite cult.  Pretty Simple.

When it comes to politics and these athletes, either all of it is ok or none of it is. So you’d be ok if a UND hockey player wrote something about supporting the CCP or Kim Jong Un? 

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Gothmog said:

There were 20 NFL draft scouts at the game Saturday. Why do you suppose they were all wasting their time (during a world-wide pandemic) on a "solid" QB. They could have concluded that without coming all the way to Fargo.   

Also, what exactly are your credentials as a NFL draft analyst? As a rule of thumb, when most experts disagree with you, it's probably you that are wrong.

Grow up Peter Pan. My credentials are the same as yours, neither of us have any. What I am saying is that if I am a team in need of the QB I'm not taking him in the first round. As a matter of fact, I'm not considering any FCS player. I am looking at the blue bloods of big time D1 football where the risk is far less, rather than a team who plays Missouri State yearly. Just my thought process, but you can having your Thundering turd in Lance and I'll take Lawerence or Fields. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

When it comes to politics and these athletes, either all of it is ok or none of it is. So you’d be ok if a UND hockey player wrote something about supporting the CCP or Kim Jong Un? 

Who said anything about being ok with what anyone said.  Was trying to be helpful and let DMKsioux know he no longer has to live in the wreakage of the future.  The furure has happened, the hockey program has been compromised.  DMK does not need to wait to stop supporting UND.  He can now send his Jefferson to the cult of his choie.

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Some college teams do not have the players take the field until AFTER the National Anthem. If we have to not play the National Anthem because of some childish behavior.... that is sad. It says something about our society.

I disagree with the word childish here. Too complex an issue to just write it off as that.