SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

11 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I stated it before only logical fit for FBS conference would be if Montana, Montana State, North Dakota State, Und, SDSU, USD, Northern Iowa, Idaho state, Eastern Washington, Idaho, and utah and Northern Colorado formed a conference. Even with the names listed above i don't know how many would want to move up but this would have foot print that would make sense it would limit distant travel and if enough would join you could have east/west spliit in the conference to also limit travel and costs . If it was marketed right getting right media company that wanted to provide sports tv to the states in this conference there could be some television money. Also most national markets wouldn't want to regionalize a market to small market states that this conference would be in so if was done right conference and tv provider would need to be almost partners in developing and marketing this conference to this region of the country. The big time p5 schools are basically doing this now national level and i don't see their numbers increasing because adding more schools just dilutes amount of money being shared when adding more schools. If anything we could see a drop in p5 schools because they don't improve the revenue shared to pot because of tv viewership and other media revenue they can generate for other p5 schools. This sounds like were getting away from basic of college sports but this has been happening in last 20 years and unless their is political change i just see this continuing down this path. We have done this on national scale and next step is for local media company working with smaller college conferences selling this on regional basis as subscription to watch their favorite teams. But until this happens i don't see where NDSU or most of FCS schools and small mid major schools will be moving even to G5 conference because most of these conferences are near what they want for membership. These changes could happen quite quickly or may never happen depending how much change smaller division I schools are willing to accept and if there are smaller local media companies willing to grow and put media business  company together sell conference on regional basis. I think this may happen but until somebody does it and makes it successful it won't become the thing to do.

Most importantly you would need to get approval from the NCAA as they dont allow whole conferences to move up or teams to create a conference to move up.

37 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Most importantly you would need to get approval from the NCAA as they dont allow whole conferences to move up or teams to create a conference to move up.

You still didn’t answer if you want all sports to move to 1 conference 

also when you talk about media market,FM area is about 5 to 6% of Mpls. Metro population so it’s a small market

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

I there is buy in from enough of these schools, I think they have an antitrust argument and the ncaa would grant a waiver.  There isn't an fbs conference in the region and these schools generally fit the profile of the g5 schools.  NCAA can't prevent schools from going FBS, effectively, based on geography.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

also when you talk about media market,FM area is about 5 to 6% of Mpls. Metro population so it’s a small market

NDSU’s media market must be bigger than just Fargo if their media contract is 3 million +. That’s bigger than the CUSA and Sunbelt payouts (dwarfs them) and is very similar to MAC and MWC payouts. There is no doubt they could make it as a G5 team but no conference wants them because of their geography.

Anyone that thinks they can beat the P5 teams week after week are delusional. G5 level talent isn’t gonna cut it against the P5 and they are not going to win recruiting battles against the P5.

3 hours ago, Kab said:

I didnt say anything about markets and I never said anything about all sports. I think youre talking to somebody else.

But I will ask you a question---why do you people here have such a hard on about NDSU moving up?

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

NDSU’s media market must be bigger than just Fargo if their media contract is 3 million +. That’s bigger than the CUSA and Sunbelt payouts (dwarfs them) and is very similar to MAC and MWC payouts. There is no doubt they could make it as a G5 team but no conference wants them because of their geography.

Anyone that thinks they can beat the P5 teams week after week are delusional. G5 level talent isn’t gonna cut it against the P5 and they are not going to win recruiting battles against the P5.

You guys said that before.  Thats has really aged well hasnt it. LOL

43 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

You people. download.thumb.jpeg.561352d54090acab75914251eb865401.jpeg

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

I didnt say anything about markets and I never said anything about all sports. I think youre talking to somebody else.

But I will ask you a question---why do you people here have such a hard on about NDSU moving up?

I don’t give a squat what they do

as a YOU PEOPLE I’m just asking questions that YOU PEOPLE won’t answer 

if they move up move all athletics 

• Like 1

I say the NCHC additionally sponsors FBS football, along with D1 basketball, track and field,baseball, softball, gymnastics, golf, soccer, wrestling, tennis, swimming & diving, bowling, badminton, skeet shooting,  Heck, even rodeo.  

All under the National College Hockey Conference name. 

Lets take it to the next level. :lol:

• Upvote 1

A realist has major opinions that are commonly viewed as existing or practically achievable. A visionary has major opinions that are commonly viewed as nonexistent and perhaps unlikely to ever be achieved

A realist is a person who looks for answers on the ground, ignores all possibilities and says it can’t be done. A visionary ignores negative viewpoints, looks up toward the light for solutions for all problems and says why not try?

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

A realist has major opinions that are commonly viewed as existing or practically achievable. A visionary has major opinions that are commonly viewed as nonexistent and perhaps unlikely to ever be achieved

A realist is a person who looks for answers on the ground, ignores all possibilities and says it can’t be done. A visionary ignores negative viewpoints, looks up toward the light for solutions for all problems and says why not try?

Marijuana is a hell of a drug.

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I say the NCHC additionally sponsors FBS football, along with D1 basketball, track and field,baseball, softball, gymnastics, golf, soccer, wrestling tennis, swimming & diving, bowling, badminton, skeet shooting,  Heck, even rodeo.  

All under the National College Hockey Conference name. 

Lets take it to the next level. :lol:

NCHC-FSCONHEI

National College Hockey Conference - Football Subsidiary Conference Of Non Hockey Exclusive Institutions 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Where did you get that number from?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/mcfeely-bison-athletics-guaranteed-big-payday-with-learfield-deal

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Not sure how to read all the numbers

does every school use the same accounting principles when reporting their income and expenses

are all the conference schools on cost of attendance?

tough to compare when you have champions club and engelstad giving and taking

ndsu with team makers

i think both Und and ndsu are tied into Lear field sports, not sure about the other schools

i read the financials with some skepticism 

A few questions

xan we get Josh Morton back to take chaves spot? He was a good fund raiser

why are our fundraisers just wanting to drink and party? They bypass everyone and go towards the drinkers which I’m fine with but a lot of big shots don’t drink as much

what happend to savings from cutting sports 

49 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

A few questions

xan we get Josh Morton back to take chaves spot? He was a good fund raiser

why are our fundraisers just wanting to drink and party? They bypass everyone and go towards the drinkers which I’m fine with but a lot of big shots don’t drink as much

what happend to savings from cutting sports 

Those are great questions someone should answer!