SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

53 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Couldn’t be happier for @bale31! Mavs breaking through that wall!

The amazing thing is, I really didn't think this was that good of a team. We lost a ton of points from seniors and early departures las year. I can think of at least 3 teams that were more talented than this team in the last 8 years. It's kinda crazy.

49 minutes ago, bale31 said:

The amazing thing is, I really didn't think this was that good of a team. We lost a ton of points from seniors and early departures las year. I can think of at least 3 teams that were more talented than this team in the last 8 years. It's kinda crazy.

Teams that seem least likely to win it all, usually do.

8 hours ago, bale31 said:

We'll be suffering that equation for next year, so you're telling me there's a chance!

38 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

I think the Big 10 overall will be getting a reality check when they have to start playing non-conference games again are not judged/ranked by playing each other. 

We can only imagine what a pairwise might have looked like.  I believe Duluth, und, Mankato, and maybe BC would have been the number 1 seeds.   Still think Duluth and should have swapped spots, or Badgers shouldn't have been a 1

59 minutes ago, 1972 said:

We can only imagine what a pairwise might have looked like.  I believe Duluth, und, Mankato, and maybe BC would have been the number 1 seeds.   Still think Duluth and should have swapped spots, or Badgers shouldn't have been a 1

I don’t think Duluth would’ve been a 1 with Pairwise. I think the 2 losses to CC could’ve potentially tanked their ranking. 

Mankato should’ve been a 1. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I know I'll be cheering for MSU for the remainder of the tourney.

I'm hoping for a  Duhloot / Mankato final with another shutout for McKay.  Doesn't keep the title in the NCHC but does keep it in the West.

Time for the annual we aren't there so put in the rankings of who I want to win in order.....sigh.....:lol:

1. Mankato.  Hastings gets so much out of his teams.  Glad they finally got a team to a F4.  Guy deserves it.

2. SCSU.  I guess here because it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they finally got one.  Keeps the title in the NCHC.

3. No school qualifies.

4. UMass.  Playing for the hopes and dreams off all the Eastern hockey people.  They can beat Duluth, and then not win the championship.  

4b. Duluth.  Maybe I should start cheering for them to win.  At some point a bad bounce has to go against them in the postseason right?  Hah, wrong.....

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Time for the annual we aren't there so put in the rankings of who I want to win in order.....sigh.....:lol:

1. Mankato.  Hastings gets so much out of his teams.  Glad they finally got a team to a F4.  Guy deserves it.

2. SCSU.  I guess here because it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they finally got one.  Keeps the title in the NCHC.

3. No school qualifies.

4. UMass.  Playing for the hopes and dreams off all the Eastern hockey people.  They can beat Duluth, and then not win the championship.  

4b. Duluth.  Maybe I should start cheering for them to win.  At some point a bad bounce has to go against them in the postseason right?  Hah, wrong.....

I agree for the most part.  But I might put COVID at 4b, then Duluth at 4c.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1