SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

PCM texted to me during the UMD/UND game that it was the National Championship. At this rate ... it was. 

I thought the same thing, too. It was like a 10-round title fight. 

10 hours ago, NoDak Fan said:

UMASS shorthanded for Frozen Four. Losing top goalie and top forward due to contact tracing.

Later today we will learn that St. Cloud State and Minnesota State's charter planes are grounded due to mechanical failure.

Why doesn't the NCAA just drop the national championship trophy off at Amsoil Arena and save us the trouble.

Or just move the Tourney to Xcel, I mean you would allow probably 90% of the people going to avoid getting on a plane, especially IF Umass ends up being eliminated due to covid protocols... also if that happens I am just gonna say it, CALL BEMIDJI, I'd rather see UMD play an understudy than get a free ride.

2 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Or just move the Tourney to Xcel, I mean you would allow probably 90% of the people going to avoid getting on a plane, especially IF Umass ends up being eliminated due to covid protocols... also if that happens I am just gonna say it, CALL BEMIDJI, I'd rather see UMD play an understudy than get a free ride.

If this tournament had been played in a pod, with teams 17, 18 and 19 present in voluntary reserve, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. If a team fell out in the first round, *boom* replacement! In the second round, the loser to the COVID team in the previous round goes in their place and so on through the championship. It might sound awkward, but at least the credibility would be higher.

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

What I dont get....

A few coaches break protocol and MIchigan is sent home.

Now a few players for UMASS test positive/close contact and they can just stay out of the tourney...

Why the different rules?

I'm not entirely sure, but what I've gathered is once you get on a plane (or bus), you can no longer make an argument against close contact. At school, it might be the only true close contact would be people you live with (or at least that's how it can be spun). Is that how others see it?

28 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm not entirely sure, but what I've gathered is once you get on a plane (or bus), you can no longer make an argument against close contact. At school, it might be the only true close contact would be people you live with (or at least that's how it can be spun). Is that how others see it?

Remember according to Airlines for America there is no close contact on an airplane 

• Upvote 1

Not sure where else to put this and it has nothing to do with college hockey from this year, but still an interesting tidbit.

Some of you may have been aware that Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son used to be a goalie for Alabama-Huntsville. What I didn't know was that he is also Captain America in the new "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" series.