SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

Wow ... just wow.

I found this just now looking up Jake Sanderson's DOB.

His father Geoff is partner in Breakaway Matting (equipment for oil and gas industry).

His business partner is Brendan Morrison (Hobie winner that played at Michigan).

And yes, that Brendan Morrison is of the infamous 1997 Frozen Four quote " ... sometimes the best team doesn't win" after Michgan's semis loss. 

That quote came full circle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wow ... just wow.

I found this just now looking up Jake Sanderson's DOB.

His father Geoff is partner in Breakaway Matting (equipment for oil and gas industry).

His business partner is Brendan Morrison (Hobie winner that played at Michigan).

And yes, that Brendan Morrison is of the infamous 1997 Frozen Four quote " ... sometimes the best team doesn't win" after Michgan's semis loss. 

That quote came full circle. 

Excellent find,Sic.

I wonder if St.Thomas will look into renovating the Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum, I know they got rid of the old Ice making equipment awhile back but the space has real potential, they could cut in some gates to the existing seating, and put in removable seating that would take the stands all the way to where the ice would be, which would give you an arena with seating for over 6000, add in a video board in the center and you are set. The place already has plenty of concessions, and plenty of parking space. Seems like the best option rather than trying to build a whole new arena from scratch. Plus they could probably get help from the state as something like the video board and any other updates could increase the attractiveness of the building as venue for other events.

St. Paul Hippodrome - Lee and Rose Warner Coliseum

UMass will be without their starting goaltender and three other players vs UMD. It’s ridiculous the amount of breaks and advantages that has been going Duluth’s way. Pretty comical at this point. I’m sure just a matter of time before they get a bye to championship game. Cause why not.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:37 AM, cberkas said:

I almost ran over Rico Blasi in 2012 at Joe Louis Arena before WMU's CCHA championship game against Michigan.  I was hurrying and it was dark as the roadway went underneath the arena.  He didn't look both ways (was probably half asleep from having to play BG for 3rd place) and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid making a blasi mark on the pavement.  

Anyway, we beat Michigan to take the title later that evening (which is pretty much the best feeling in the world) and I almost forgot about that "incident".  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

UMass will be without their starting goaltender and three other players vs UMD. It’s ridiculous the amount of breaks and advantages that has been going Duluth’s way. Pretty comical at this point. I’m sure just a matter of time before they get a bye to championship game. Cause why not.

Some day these guys are going to run out of luck.  I guess today is not that day.  

UMASS shorthanded for Frozen Four. Losing top goalie and top forward due to contact tracing.

Later today we will learn that St. Cloud State and Minnesota State's charter planes are grounded due to mechanical failure.

Why doesn't the NCAA just drop the national championship trophy off at Amsoil Arena and save us the trouble.

44 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Doesn’t matter. Purple Cows will roll!

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

It is still possible that Duluth picks up two ‘no contest’ game forfeitures enroute to the national title. Their game against Michigan was canceled five hours prior to scheduled start. Imagine only playing one game in the tournament and just showing up in Pittsburg to be awarded the title.

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Duluth’s luck in this tournament the last few years is ridiculous. 
I hope UMass takes them out even without their players. 

You mean having the team you play hit four posts in OT is luck?  I'd call it the goalie being on his angle.