SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

Prediction Time:

We are all Purple Cows today, but they haven't played anyone (yes I know Minnesota they played you), that is as battle tested as the Stearns County Huskies.  I think McKay will have to be super sharp to keep them in it, but I think the Huskies win 4-2.

Unless Duluth gets Covid they win 5-1 over UMass team missing all kinds of important parts.  

On 4/7/2021 at 12:56 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

What I dont get....

A few coaches break protocol and MIchigan is sent home.

Now a few players for UMASS test positive/close contact and they can just stay out of the tourney...

Why the different rules?

What did Michigan's coaches do?

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Prediction Time:

We are all Purple Cows today, but they haven't played anyone (yes I know Minnesota they played you), that is as battle tested as the Stearns County Huskies.  I think McKay will have to be super sharp to keep them in it, but I think the Huskies win 4-2.

Unless Duluth gets Covid they win 5-1 over UMass team missing all kinds of important parts.  

I can't explain why but I'm in the group that would like to see SCSU win it all. It keeps it in the NCHC, and likely a win over UMD. Also, would be funny to see being that Motzko had another #1 seed not get it done in March/April, while his former team wins it all. 

Uneducated reason, I like their black sweaters more than UMD's uniforms. Both NCHC teams are good enough to take care of business today, but that's why the game is played because anything may happen.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Following the NCAA COVID pro-UMD conspiracy, this is what you call "covering your tracks" ;)

The narrative that UMD wins titles because of luck is laughable. They play a style the wins games in tourneys and makes them a very tough out even if they don’t have great talent.

• Upvote 4

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

The narrative that UMD wins titles because of luck is laughable. They play a style the wins games in tourneys and makes them a very tough out even if they don’t have great talent.

They get the high end guys that stay

1 hour ago, Mhockey said:

I wonder why we are just hearing about this now? From what I read he didn’t travel with the team to pit.  

I would guess to keep UMass from scouting their back up goalie, or maybe he was getting tested again with the possibility of joining the team in Pittsburgh if he had a negative test or two and passed protocol.