SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

15 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

All the beat writers together. Jess Myers mentions that an unnamed Big Ten program had a prized transfer coming who was left off the roster after the team required the vaccine. 

Brad thinks Denver is the number #1 team in the country. I'll have a hit of whatever he's smoking...

Yeah he should just stick to Covid.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

All the beat writers together. Jess Myers mentions that an unnamed Big Ten program had a prized transfer coming who was left off the roster after the team required the vaccine. 

Brad thinks Denver is the number #1 team in the country. I'll have a hit of whatever he's smoking...

Any hypotheses as to which program and/or which player?

46 minutes ago, Berrybro7 said:

Any hypotheses as to which program and/or which player?

Cruikshank and Middendorf are listed on their rosters. Can't think of any others off hand.

EDIT: everyone listed on Brad's portal list for Big 10 schools shows on their team's roster, so either he removed the player, miss them entirely (unlikely if it was a quality player) or they haven't been removed from their former team's website yet. Or Myers is just plain wrong.

2nd EDIT: He said it was a player in a league they don't cover, so not NCHC or Big 10, and that he wrote up about the player in June. The latter could mean it's a MN native or WCHA/CCHA player.

19 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Yeah he should just stick to Covid.

I listened to that Podcast last night. I don't think Brad said anything that would consider controversial. He just feels Denver is a great team. 

I personally hope he's wrong. 

6 hours ago, Goon said:

I listened to that Podcast last night. I don't think Brad said anything that would consider controversial. He just feels Denver is a great team. 

I personally hope he's wrong. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all, as Denver was stymied just like we were a few years ago.  They definitely have the talent. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I attended the CC Ed Robson Arena open house tonight. I have some mixed feelings about it. First off, the good…

1. Nice, open concourse on-campus facility that’s walking distance for students so the atmosphere should be a lot better than at World Arena which was a 20 minute car ride from campus. Plus, it’s within a 5 minute drive from downtown Colorado Springs which has a lot of good breweries, restaurants, etc. 

2. A building that’s all CC’s. No longer a tenant of someone else’s building so you actually feel like you’re in CC’s barn. Over the years, it felt as if World Arena’s primary tenant-CC-was a second class citizen and taken for granted. 

3. About 3,400 seats which is more appropriate for CC given their size. The atmosphere during games should be electric (assuming CC’s competitive). I would imagine the sight lines for television as well as the acoustics will be much better and more up to date than the terrible camera angles and sound at WA was. 

The negatives…

1. The seating is tight and very cramped. Contrary to what the CC brass kept telling us before the new arena was built, there is actually much less leg room than there was at WA. If you are six feet tall or over, my condolences-you’re not going to enjoy sitting for an hour and a half in those seats.

2. Much less opportunity for UND fans to attend games as there won’t be nearly as many visiting fan seats available. This, of course, is a positive if you’re a CC fan but I know there’s a lot of people out in Colorado with UND ties that like to attend games against CC and DU and there just won’t be as much opportunity to get tickets for the CC series going forward. 

3. Little to no acknowledgment to CC’s past and history like you get at the Ralph out in the concourses. There’s a tiny little mural dedicated to our two Hobey Baker winners, Marty Sertich and Peter Sejna, along with something for Peggy Fleming, that’s it. I would’ve thought there’d be old pictures of CC legends, achievements, Pikes Peak trophies, Gold Pan trophies, etc. Literally nothing of the sort in the arena which is surprising. 

4. The goal horn. If you plan to attend games, bring ear defenders. They blew the horn tonight and if its any indication of things to come, you’re going to go deaf during games (again, that’s assuming we can actually put the puck in the back of the net this year).

96DC9759-DC9B-495A-A6D4-76903E102837.jpeg

DDEC81CE-AD8C-4ED1-B13B-5A9ECE27EB48.jpeg

FE2ACCA4-52EE-437F-AE7B-0E81E274F5F1.jpeg

37C5DD93-EEC6-4211-B5C0-901070D084A0.jpeg

537CDECD-EA1A-48F6-90FA-0B91635499E5.jpeg

Nice pics.

This should be great for CC hockey. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I attended the CC Ed Robson Arena open house tonight. I have some mixed feelings about it. First off, the good…

1. Nice, open concourse on-campus facility that’s walking distance for students so the atmosphere should be a lot better than at World Arena which was a 20 minute car ride from campus. Plus, it’s within a 5 minute drive from downtown Colorado Springs which has a lot of good breweries, restaurants, etc. 

2. A building that’s all CC’s. No longer a tenant of someone else’s building so you actually feel like you’re in CC’s barn. Over the years, it felt as if World Arena’s primary tenant-CC-was a second class citizen and taken for granted. 

3. About 3,400 seats which is more appropriate for CC given their size. The atmosphere during games should be electric (assuming CC’s competitive). I would imagine the sight lines for television as well as the acoustics will be much better and more up to date than the terrible camera angles and sound at WA was. 

The negatives…

1. The seating is tight and very cramped. Contrary to what the CC brass kept telling us before the new arena was built, there is actually much less leg room than there was at WA. If you are six feet tall or over, my condolences-you’re not going to enjoy sitting for an hour and a half in those seats.

2. Much less opportunity for UND fans to attend games as there won’t be nearly as many visiting fan seats available. This, of course, is a positive if you’re a CC fan but I know there’s a lot of people out in Colorado with UND ties that like to attend games against CC and DU and there just won’t be as much opportunity to get tickets for the CC series going forward. 

3. Little to no acknowledgment to CC’s past and history like you get at the Ralph out in the concourses. There’s a tiny little mural dedicated to our two Hobey Baker winners, Marty Sertich and Peter Sejna, along with something for Peggy Fleming, that’s it. I would’ve thought there’d be old pictures of CC legends, achievements, Pikes Peak trophies, Gold Pan trophies, etc. Literally nothing of the sort in the arena which is surprising. 

4. The goal horn. If you plan to attend games, bring ear defenders. They blew the horn tonight and if its any indication of things to come, you’re going to go deaf during games (again, that’s assuming we can actually put the puck in the back of the net this year).

96DC9759-DC9B-495A-A6D4-76903E102837.jpeg

DDEC81CE-AD8C-4ED1-B13B-5A9ECE27EB48.jpeg

FE2ACCA4-52EE-437F-AE7B-0E81E274F5F1.jpeg

37C5DD93-EEC6-4211-B5C0-901070D084A0.jpeg

537CDECD-EA1A-48F6-90FA-0B91635499E5.jpeg

There is some sort of standing room section, right? Good to know about the cramped seats.

I swear there was talk about using World Arena when DU and UND came to town but it must have faded out. Season ticket holders could pay for them by putting those two games on the secondary market.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

There is some sort of standing room section, right? Good to know about the cramped seats.

I swear there was talk about using World Arena when DU and UND came to town but it must have faded out. Season ticket holders could pay for them by putting those two games on the secondary market.

Yah, you’re right-I forgot to mention that about the high top seating in the concourse. If I didn’t have a little one, I definitely would’ve gotten seats there. Totally unobstructed view of the ice from those seats! 

I haven’t heard that talk about the DU and UND series being played at WA but yah, they definitely could get more fans that way and more revenue.