SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

20 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

https://t.co/E0omAd6IZX

Article on Gaber 

Thanks for sharing this link. Good article. Gaber is one of those guys you can't help but cheer for: undrafted, undersized, hardworking, humble. Works his butt off on the defensive end. Terrific finishing skills. Someone here said Gaber is reminiscent of Drake Caggiula. That's a pretty good comp, imo.

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

After VCU forfeit their first round bball game, hopefully players remember they didn't come this far to forfeit. Anyone who tests positive during the national tournament deserves this:

Feel bad for the asymptomatic positive kid who "needs to be tested" every 48-72 hours after he gets this beat down. 

On 3/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, cberkas said:

I feel there are Seniors that want to come back, also JBD and Pinto I hope come back.

One man's opinion:

JBD was playing top pair minutes against the opponent first line. There's not much left to do after that. I'd say 85%+ he signs. 

Pinto, however, was benefitting from being the second center behind Adams/Mash/Guch. Yes, he lit it up, but was he playing against opponent ones all the time. I still think it's 65+% he signs, but you see my opinion. 

Weatherby? Same issue times two (behind Adams and Pinto). Show me you can do it as the one. I see under 30% chance of signing. (Last thought: If he plays out a senior year I think he becomes an NHL free agent and not a Sharks pick.) 

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Kawaguchi and Adams would be nice to return for the bonus year.  Neither one is built for the NHL, however it's a matter of how quick they want to get to Europe to start making money.  

Guchi, I don't necessarily disagree, but Adams motor, backchecking and overall speed translates to the NHL. Plus, he's got a pretty darn good and quick shot. I think I could see him in the AHL and eventually work his way for a shot at the show.

Guchi's intangibles give him a shot, plus, the kid sees the ice well and always works hard. We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Guchi, I don't necessarily disagree, but Adams motor, backchecking and overall speed translates to the NHL. Plus, he's got a pretty darn good and quick shot. I think I could see him in the AHL and eventually work his way for a shot at the show.

Guchi's intangibles give him a shot, plus, the kid sees the ice well and always works hard. We'll see. 

It took a while for the college game to slow down for Guchi, and the NHL would be much more difficult.  Love him, but don't see many games in the NHL for him.  They don't have that kind of patience.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

Wrote about something the NHL could learn from with the college game, and a pretty easy rules change that would not be a bad idea to improve game flow, simplicity, and one that would shorten games a bit. Give it a read why not? 

https://seamoresports.com/2021/03/29/opinion-send-the-nhl-back-to-school-end-puck-over-the-glass-penalties/

College needs to actually start calling it a penalty.

It's a penalty in college they just happen to not call it. 

I'd like to see NCHC/NCAA come up with a "war room" to review plays like the NHL has.