SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

54 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Honest question. Where/how do you think the people in LTC facilities are getting exposed despite having very strict, if any, visitation policies? And considering they are already pretty much isolated from outside visitors, what is the solution to further protect them?

You are looking for a specific solution when there isn't one. Anyone who understands virology isn't ignorant to this. This is unfortunately a virus that preys on the elderly especially those who are not well or healthy to begin with.  Not letting kids go to school or participate in athletics isn't the answer. No fans at HS VB in MN isn't  the answer. State and/or national lockdowns definitely aren't the answer. Redfield said masks are and will be as effective as any vaccine. I know someone  on the national vaccine tasks force and as of now any vaccine in trial shows limited efficacy on the elderly. At some point we all need to shallow the reality  of what this virus is and who it really effects and come to grips with it. Mask, quarantines, lockdowns, vaccines, blah blah blah, aren't going to give you the answer you are looking for.

But at least the U of M is testing sewage on its metro campus in hopes of  finding "positives" so to close down its campus for the year. Can't make this s@#t up......no pun intended. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Does anyone know where to find the media scoreboard for Minnesota Covid 19? 

Everyday we see the current number of active cases(new minus recovered) for North Dakota and every county but if Minnesota publishes this number it is well hidden.

I was just curious as to the difference in Cass County(recommended masks) and Clay County(required masks).  

You would think with Moorhead and Clay County right across the river that The Forum would want to have that number every day as well?

To date......

Clay 1288 positives

Cass 4767

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

To date......

Clay 1288 positives

Cass 4767

I had found that. 

Was looking for current actives which Minnesota doesn't seem to publish?

But even based on the total number of cases it seems there is not much difference in the number of cases per capita in a mask optional vs. mask mandate scenario.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

To date......

Clay 1288 positives

Cass 4767

In essence, the infection rate is the same. The population of Clay County is 64,222 (.02) the population of Cass County  is 181,923 (.026).

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Milestone day here on Siouxsports. Goon has  just passed downvote darell in career negative reps. Congrats!

This thread is now more popular and active than the entire history of the all sports threads other than Hockey, Football, and Mens Bouncyball.

Truly doing the Lords work here during the plandemic hiatus..... I say we shoot for overtopping basketball and we each get a free hat.... or for some of the less mentally gifted at least a sticker for their helmet, sorry Alphadukeofdissapointment.... one per person, not per handle.

Need to see where the thread actually sits in realtion the true kings of the forum history, such as the logo and nickname legends.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Mn was hit harder early on. But looking at daily infections/deaths between the two states, you’d never realize the mn has more than 7x ND’s population. Mn is currently much better off than ND.

SMH..........just clueless.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

In essence, the infection rate is the same. The population of Clay County is 64,222 (.02) the population of Cass County  is 181,923 (.026).

With Cass County doing way more testing per 10K capita.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

He just saw a link and couldn't help but post it. Nothing of actual concern there.

Honest question. Where/how do you think the people in LTC facilities are getting exposed despite having very strict, if any, visitation policies? And considering they are already pretty much isolated from outside visitors, what is the solution to further protect them?

Ditto to Oxbow's response. You are asking for an absolute solution that doesn't exist.  It's the nature of life, some people will always get sick and unfortunately die.  On many issues but especially with Covid it has been eye opening and scary how laser focused in people get and they are unwilling (and in some cases unable) to look at the big picture.  You are totally discounting the human experience being taken away from 99% of the population in an effort to literally squeeze an extra year out of someone that is living in a LTC facility.....that if they are like my grandpa was ...and many old people in that situation are.......may not even want that extra year of limping by.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With Cass County doing way more testing per 10K capita.

The population of North Dakota is 762,062 and we've conducted a whopping 596,181 COVID-19 test. I'd like to see the stats on how many of these folks are asymptomatic. I do agree with @Oxbow6 that there's too much focus on the positive tests and not on the hospitalizations and deaths. Unfortunately, this has a political issue and not a health issue. Some leaders have used lockdowns to assume power and control. There's more and more evidence piling up that lockdowns don't work. From Bloomberg, not a bastion of conservative thought

Australia’s first lockdown was one of the most successful in the world, bringing down cases to just a handful a day between March and when it ended in May. But the country’s second round of locking down is proving a cautionary tale of just how hard it is to go there again.

As the virus resurged in Melbourne, its 5 million people were ordered to once again stay at home except for essential work, exercise and medical care. Despite that -- and a mandatory mask order -- the city is half way through the six-week lockdown and the rate of infection isn’t slowing. New cases in Victoria state hit a fresh record of 723 on Thursday, Australia’s single worst day since the pandemic began.

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

One thing about infection rates. IF this thing is such an easily communicable and spread virus as the fear and control mongers have made it out to be, wouldn't it have infected so many more by now?

The sheep will say that masks, distancing and shutdowns helped. No. 

The truths need to come out, and this Bullshitery of daily testing will never allow for that, daily testing fits the narrative of fear.

IF the US or even a state would put the money to antibody testing the population we would see that this virus HAS been spread and infected a MUCH MUCH higher percentage of the population, it has to have its just impossible thatbit hasn't.

However if we did that and found that yes the vast majority have already been exposed, didnt even develop syptoms and just moved on with life, a few things would be certain.

1: The infection rate is extreamly high.

2: The rate of developing symptoms is extremely low.

3: The actual hospitalization and complication rate will be infadecimally low.

4: The death rate is and will be in the end, statistically irrelevant.

None of this will actually happen because there will be no way to control people if the true rates are exposed.

1.8 million on a "wear your mask" PR campaign.... utter fleecing. Use that for antibody testing and it can all be over.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This thread is now more popular and active than the entire history of the all sports threads other than Hockey, Football, and Mens Bouncyball.

Truly doing the Lords work here during the plandemic hiatus..... I say we shoot for overtopping basketball and we each get a free hat.... or for some of the less mentally gifted at least a sticker for their helmet, sorry Alphadukeofdissapointment.... one per person, not per handle.

Need to see where the thread actually sits in realtion the true kings of the forum history, such as the logo and nickname legends.

Tell ya what, you disavow your Kamala rant and I'll quit punching down on you for it.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Oops sorry, this one. My Facebook feed head this item that was causing some concern. I was wondering if someone knew anything about it. 

97F43D70-B0E8-4DB2-8B15-CF381D5859B6.jpeg

If you're referring to the quarantine facility (motel) for homeless people along with a security contract, they're trying to ensure the homeless have a place to stay other than the homeless shelter if they test positive (so they don't cause spread within the shelter).  The security is to ensure the homeless people don't have parties and trash the motel and was something the motel required. The security will not be holding anyone there against their will and the individuals quarantined there will be there voluntarily.  If a "resident" leaves the motel, they will not be permitted back.  There was some misinformation out there about the security existing to lock up homeless people in their rooms, which is not their purpose.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

You are looking for a specific solution when there isn't one. Anyone who understands virology isn't ignorant to this. This is unfortunately a virus that preys on the elderly especially those who are not well or healthy to begin with.  Not letting kids go to school or participate in athletics isn't the answer. No fans at HS VB in MN isn't  the answer. State and/or national lockdowns definitely aren't the answer. Redfield said masks are and will be as effective as any vaccine. I know someone  on the national vaccine tasks force and as of now any vaccine in trial shows limited efficacy on the elderly. At some point we all need to shallow the reality  of what this virus is and who it really effects and come to grips with it. Mask, quarantines, lockdowns, vaccines, blah blah blah, aren't going to give you the answer you are looking for.

But at least the U of M is testing sewage on its metro campus in hopes of  finding "positives" so to close down its campus for the year. Can't make this s@#t up......no pun intended. 

I mostly agree with you which is why I roll my eyes every time I hear people acting like its so easy to protect the vulnerable and everyone else can live their normal life and we'll be back to a near normal. But I'm not going to fault those making decisions for scaling back and making decisions on some of the things you deem as being "not the answer" because they are the ones who those that are responsible for trying to find that happy medium of people dying and people being able to live their "normal" lives.

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Tell ya what, you disavow your Kamala rant and I'll quit punching down on you for it.

Will she also sleep with me to get me to stop reminding people she bent, slept, and sucked her way into positions of power?

Will we then fairly evaluate the other oppressed and unfairly maligned canidates who worked and strived to achieve thise positions without slutting their way to power?

Who in God's name thinks its ok to to support such corruption?

Do you teach your, or others' children, ........their daughters.....that Kamala's tactics is how they have to act to get ahead?

You think.... "You're" punching someone down who stand up against such corruption, dilusional. You are the problem. Arrogant liberals who are only outraged or offended if it fits your desires.

Who will stand up and allow women and women of color to be judged truly on their merit and abilities rather than sexual oppression?

Be. Better.

#Metoo 

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you're referring to the quarantine facility (motel) for homeless people along with a security contract, they're trying to ensure the homeless have a place to stay other than the homeless shelter if they test positive (so they don't cause spread within the shelter).  The security is to ensure the homeless people don't have parties and trash the motel and was something the motel required. The security will not be holding anyone there against their will and the individuals quarantined there will be there voluntarily.  If a "resident" leaves the motel, they will not be permitted back.  There was some misinformation out there about the security existing to lock up homeless people in their rooms, which is not their purpose.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering, I had people I know posting on Facebook about quarantine camps. 

14 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

There will never be a time when I won't stand up for people and defend them against the oppression of weaponizing sexual manipulation for personal gain.

Consistently, Democrats/Liberals/Satanists defend, support, encourage and reward the trafficing and weaponizing of sexual exploit for their own gain.

This. Must. Stop.

14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Will she also sleep with me to get me to stop reminding people she bent, slept, and sucked her way into positions of power?

Will we then fairly evaluate the other oppressed and unfairly maligned canidates who worked and strived to achieve thise positions without slutting their way to power?

Who in God's name thinks its ok to to support such corruption?

Do you teach your, or others' children, ........their daughters.....that Kamala's tactics is how they have to act to get ahead?

You think.... "You're" punching someone down who stand up against such corruption, dilusional. You are the problem. Arrogant liberals who are only outraged or offended if it fits your desires.

Who will stand up and allow women and women of color to be judged truly on their merit and abilities rather than sexual oppression?

Be. Better.

#Metoo 

Oh man. This is gold. Please, go on.

You never replied when I asked if you would congratulate men who sleep with powerful women or marry the boss' daughter for a cushy job/career. Your twisted worldview only applies to women.

EDIT: women who disagree with your politics. Where's the Guilfoyle rant?

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mostly agree with you which is why I roll my eyes every time I hear people acting like its so easy to protect the vulnerable and everyone else can live their normal life and we'll be back to a near normal. But I'm not going to fault those making decisions for scaling back and making decisions on some of the things you deem as being "not the answer" because they are the ones who those that are responsible for trying to find that happy medium of people dying and people being able to live their "normal" lives.

If masks and a vaccine aren't a panacea  to "normal" what's taking place right now in the country to have a "happy medium" isn't working nor is it sustainable. 

Don't worry though.......Joey B. will lock things down for awhile given the opportunity.

• Upvote 1