SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, zonadub said:

Yeah, there is no bias in the media...

ABC NEWS EXECUTIVE PRODUCER IAN CAMERON IS MARRIED TO SUSAN RICE, OBAMA'S FORMER NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER.

CBS PRESIDENT DAVID RHODES IS THE BROTHER OF BEN RHODES, OBAMA'S DEPUTY NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER FOR STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS.

ABC NEWS CORRESPONDENT CLAIRE SHIPMAN IS MARRIED TO JAY CARNEY, FORMER OBAMA WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY.

ABC NEWS AND UNIVISION REPORTER MATTHEW JAFFE IS MARRIED TO KATIE HOGAN, OBAMA'S FORMER DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY.

ABC PRESIDENT BEN SHERWOOD IS THE BROTHER OF ELIZABETH SHERWOOD, OBAMA'S FORMER SPECIAL ADVISER.   

CNN PRESIDENT VIRGINIA MOSELEY IS MARRIED TO TOM NIDES, FORMER HILLARY CLINTON'S DEPUTY SECRETARY.   

THE GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN USED TO WORK FOR GEORGE SOROS.

CALIF GOV. GAVIN NEWSOM IS NANCY PELOSI'S NEPHEW.

ADAM SHIFF'S SISTER IS MARRIED TO GEORGE SOROS’ SON.

JOHN KERRY'S DAUGHTER IS MARRIED TO A MULLAH'S SON IN IRAN.

HILLARY'S DAUGHTER CHELSEA IS MARRIED TO GEORGE SOROS' NEPHEW.

CONDOLEEZA RICE'S DAUGHTER WAS ASSAULTED BY BILL O'REILLY IN HIS DRESSING ROOM AT FOX NEWS.

4 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Are they all still just conspiracies when the official narrative keeps being changed.....and certain key facts continually receive less coverage because they don't support the official narrative?

Believing that you and Haydouche purposely planted Covid because you guys get off on wearing masks is a conspiracy theory.  Believing that there may be an ulterior motive as to why this virus has been treated so differently from those in years past (coincidentally during an election year when the economy had been humming along) isn't a conspiracy theory.  Instead of shelter the small vulnerable population and let the majority healthy population  go out and about somehow the logic now is to shelter the healthy majority so the  small vulnerable population doesn't miss out on anything. 

Crazy that the whole world is in on it. Extra props to Israel for really going deep, instituting their second lockdown over the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Crazy that the whole world is in on it. Extra props to Israel for really going deep, instituting their second lockdown over the weekend. 

To be fair, its a bit of pressure applied by all to buy in. Nobody knows WTF is going on so they are all falling in line.  One word - LIABILITY.  Nobody wants to be the one that took a chance and had something happen, even though we keep waiting for all these dead bodies to pile up and it's behaving like every other virus.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Speaking of... Lemon had a breakdown last night lol Biden will get rid of the Electoral College!

He said the part out loud that a "journalist" isn't supposed to say outloud.

when he says "We" need to tear the system down....who is the "We" he is referring to?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

With many of the schools being open and sports happening. Has there been any sort of increase in hospitalizations or deaths in people under 60 years old?

Not sure on age, but hospitalizations have gone from 50 on August 1 to 92 reported today.  7-day average number of deaths reported per day has gone from under 1 on August 1 to over 3 today.  I'm not blaming school or sports, but the virus may simply finally be making it's way through ND in a real way.  And before someone freaks out about me reporting the stats, no, I'm not advocating for a lockdown.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

He said the part out loud that a "journalist" isn't supposed to say outloud.

when he says "We" need to tear the system down....who is the "We" he is referring to?

In their mind... "the vast majority of all people, obviously more educated, refined, and sophisticated then the neaderthal deplorables, who cling to their ainciet religion and guns, also all are hitler."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not sure on age, but hospitalizations have gone from 50 on August 1 to 92 reported today.  7-day average number of deaths reported per day has gone from under 1 on August 1 to over 3 today.  I'm not blaming school or sports, but the virus may simply finally be making it's way through ND in a real way.  And before someone freaks out about me reporting the stats, no, I'm not advocating for a lockdown.

Those numbers reported today are interesting, although still context is needed before anyone leaps to wild reaction.

The next step is age breakdown, of those hospitalized how many 100s 90s 80s etc. etc. etc.

In burleigh a VAST MAJORITY of cases where coming from the Lutheran Slope care center... and if i read correctly darn near all of them.

From the GFherald

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6672939-Surge-in-COVID-cases-in-western-ND-nursing-homes-causes-concern 

Some 87 people in the state were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Monday, a record since the pandemic began. That’s more than double the number in late May, when daily active hospitalizations peaked at 40.

There have been just as many people in North Dakota in their 60s hospitalized with COVID as people in their 80s, and as many in their 50s hospitalized with the virus as people in their 70s, dispelling the notion that coronavirus only affects people who are elderly, Carson said.

September has become the deadliest month thus far in the pandemic for North Dakota, at 46 deaths with more than a week to go, surpassing those in August and in May

Edited by UNDBIZ
copyright

Reminder from the forum guidelines:

Selectively quote copyrighted material within "fair use" guidelines. Also be sure to cite, and link if possible, the original source. Reward other sites for their quality material by sending them traffic (as opposed to stealing and reproducing their content).

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

To be fair, its a bit of pressure applied by all to buy in. Nobody knows WTF is going on so they are all falling in line.  One word - LIABILITY.  Nobody wants to be the one that took a chance and had something happen, even though we keep waiting for all these dead bodies to pile up and it's behaving like every other virus.  

I agree with most of this, but the continued "excess deaths" disputes that this is just like every other virus. Since the week ending March 28, the death toll in the US has been above the threshold for excessive deaths for 22 weeks and counting. Will be interesting to see at some point if there is a large swing the other way.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

57 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

They are also looking at imposing more restrictions in Stockholm: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-22/sweden-could-introduce-restrictions-in-stockholm-after-uptick
They continue to be an interesting case study. Their economy ended up being impacted about the same as everyone else's and while their death toll is low as a comparison worldwide, it is still quite a bit higher than its neighboring countries. I'd also say that while they didn't have has as much for government mandated restrictions, the people there took the recommendations (social distancing/social gatherings/mask wearing) much more serious than we see around here.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree with most of this, but the continued "excess deaths" disputes that this is just like every other virus.

"Excess deaths". 

In the CDC link it's defined as: "... the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods."

So it's the "more than the expected" in that time period and expected would be based on history. 

But COVID-19 (a novel coronavirus; novel as in new) is a completely new player in the game, above and beyond everything from the expected. We'd expect what we had the year before. COVID-19 is by definition novel, an adder, to that expected. 

It's like fundraising*: We expect our usual annual donors to contribute X. Oh. Wait. What's this? A new donor contributing. "Excess" funds! 

Calling these "excess deaths" fails to admit COVID-19 is new (aka novel coronavirus) that will become part of baseline "expected numbers". 

COVID-19 is just part of a new baseline that we're now getting first year stats on. As they say, the new normal. 

Virus gonna virus. 

*Yes, using fundraising as a parallel is crass (and I humbly admit as much). 

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree with most of this, but the continued "excess deaths" disputes that this is just like every other virus. Since the week ending March 28, the death toll in the US has been above the threshold for excessive deaths for 22 weeks and counting. Will be interesting to see at some point if there is a large swing the other way.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

They are also looking at imposing more restrictions in Stockholm: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-22/sweden-could-introduce-restrictions-in-stockholm-after-uptick
They continue to be an interesting case study. Their economy ended up being impacted about the same as everyone else's and while their death toll is low as a comparison worldwide, it is still quite a bit higher than its neighboring countries. I'd also say that while they didn't have has as much for government mandated restrictions, the people there took the recommendations (social distancing/social gatherings/mask wearing) much more serious than we see around here.

Its the first year.  It appears to be fizzing out much like viruses do, even without a vaccine or any medication.

• Downvote 1