SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe they read this thread?

I wonder what they would find if they did a google study by state on Trump conspiracy theories that have been proven false.  Some of the items on that list aren’t conspiracy theories at all.  I don’t think it’s wrong to question masks and the CDC based on flip flopping by “experts” over the recent months.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe they read this thread?

According to the article, the number 1 searched conspiracy theory in ND is that Bill Gates is trying to use the pandemic to implant everybody with a microchip.  Me typing that right there, is the first time implantation of a trackable microchip has been mentioned in this thread (unless my search missed it).

As for the masks and government being misleading, when the government makes statements and then immediately backtracks on those statements (how the virus is spread), or backtracks months later (masks), there are obviously going to be doubters.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm with ya. Did a bit of research on it because I vaguely remembered that going down.

She couldn't win in a competitive district. Her district is D+29 and less than 20% white and is 50% Hispanic. She got lucky, she primaried a dude who didn't even campaign lol. He sent a staffer in his place to the debate they scheduled. 

She won the primary by convincing 16K of 700,000 people in the district to show up.

For comparison: Rick Burgum got 68K votes in the ND primary for governor.

Kelly Armstrong got 37K votes in his 2018 primary which I would think is a more appropriate gage than Burgum --> 2018 HoR primary in a non-competitive district.

In 2012 when Cramer won his primary, he got 54K votes while the other guy got 45K votes.

Maybe North Dakota is just super politically engaged....or...next to nobody in the Bronx/Queens even knew there was a primary and some hot little number is pounding the pavement for months and some guys(and gals, not that there is a problem with that) followed her to the ballot box lol.

Would be interesting to see some moderate Rockefeller Republican type run in NYC as a Democrat and mimic her strategy and see if it works. All you need to do is win a primary against someone who is a complacent after decades of being in office and boom...you might win and get a cushy job for a minimum of two years.

A big part of her star power comes from desperate attacks from the right. Espousing populism and then mocking someone for working nights and weekends as a bartender is incredibly out of touch with (and almost disdainful of) the working class. Same with critcizing her for going to a rich suburban school as the daughter of a housekeeper.

The clip of her dancing on a roof or pictures of her in high school aren't damning in the least either. Had she ever had a casual hook up it likely would have been dug up in the news a la Christine O'Donnell. Let her (continue to) make a fool of herself at this point, because the attacks on her background failed miserably. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

When's the last time CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc apologized for getting a story wrong?  Never.

I was simply updating on a discussion from earlier.  They do often "apologize," you simply never get to hear or read about the apology like you get with a Fox apology.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/6672007-North-Dakota-ranks-high-for-COVID-related-conspiracy-theories-reports-says

ND ranks high for covid conspiracy theories. This thread is a direct reflection of the state.

Are they all still just conspiracies when the official narrative keeps being changed.....and certain key facts continually receive less coverage because they don't support the official narrative?

Believing that you and Haydouche purposely planted Covid because you guys get off on wearing masks is a conspiracy theory.  Believing that there may be an ulterior motive as to why this virus has been treated so differently from those in years past (coincidentally during an election year when the economy had been humming along) isn't a conspiracy theory.  Instead of shelter the small vulnerable population and let the majority healthy population  go out and about somehow the logic now is to shelter the healthy majority so the  small vulnerable population doesn't miss out on anything. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Yeah, there is no bias in the media...

ABC NEWS EXECUTIVE PRODUCER IAN CAMERON IS MARRIED TO SUSAN RICE, OBAMA'S FORMER NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER.

CBS PRESIDENT DAVID RHODES IS THE BROTHER OF BEN RHODES, OBAMA'S DEPUTY NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER FOR STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS.

ABC NEWS CORRESPONDENT CLAIRE SHIPMAN IS MARRIED TO JAY CARNEY, FORMER OBAMA WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY.

ABC NEWS AND UNIVISION REPORTER MATTHEW JAFFE IS MARRIED TO KATIE HOGAN, OBAMA'S FORMER DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY.

ABC PRESIDENT BEN SHERWOOD IS THE BROTHER OF ELIZABETH SHERWOOD, OBAMA'S FORMER SPECIAL ADVISER.   

CNN PRESIDENT VIRGINIA MOSELEY IS MARRIED TO TOM NIDES, FORMER HILLARY CLINTON'S DEPUTY SECRETARY.   

THE GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN USED TO WORK FOR GEORGE SOROS.

CALIF GOV. GAVIN NEWSOM IS NANCY PELOSI'S NEPHEW.

ADAM SHIFF'S SISTER IS MARRIED TO GEORGE SOROS’ SON.

JOHN KERRY'S DAUGHTER IS MARRIED TO A MULLAH'S SON IN IRAN.

HILLARY'S DAUGHTER CHELSEA IS MARRIED TO GEORGE SOROS' NEPHEW.

nothing to see here...move on