Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

Is the suggestion of reopening schools in the fall by the POTUS racist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

My,

Is that from someone coming from "God's Country"?   Maybe if they just had a few Jesus Camp's in their neighborhood?  Minus, well, the ones that don't fit in.. you know... 

 

Now, who you YOU define as "people"?  Take your time...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outrage-mississippi-election-commissioner-complains-193132439.html'

 

You best stick to sports, son. 

 

 

Are all citizens of Mississippi required to register to vote?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Are there a lot of racists on this board?

Hmmm.

I just don't understand why that was put in the form of a question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Maybe the other party should come up with compelling ideas and try to earn their votes.

Not sure. The old "You are a victim, nothing is your fault, let us take care of you" campaign seems to work out well for the Democratic Politicians but not so well for those duped into voting for them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

He's already said it will be a woman of color.

Confused. Does that mean Warren is eligible or ineligible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wxman91 said:

I think it'll either be Kamala Harris or Susan Rice.  Liz Warren is more valuable in the senate and the others that have been mentioned don't quite have the name recognition or experience that you'd normally want for someone a heartbeat away from the presidency.  And make no mistake, Joe is old, so having a qualified VP is important.  

If Biden wins the election the Veep will be sworn in as President before 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

Yeah, you've been on the site two weeks...I'm sure you have your finger on the pulse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

You have intellect issues.

Super woke, though.

So there's that.

Keep fighting the good fight, bud. You're special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Confused. Does that mean Warren is eligible or ineligible?

She's 1/1024th eligible.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Not sure. The old "You are a victim, nothing is your fault, let us take care of you" campaign seems to work out well for the Democratic Politicians but not so well for those duped into voting for them.

When urban Blacks vote for Ds it is because they are “duped”.  Loud and clear.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously this can simply be explained by D policies to make sure that people have food to eat and a roof over their head.

image.png.a67f1983eac3acbe5defceb709febbce.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Obviously this can simply be explained by D policies to make sure that people have food to eat and a roof over their head.

image.png.a67f1983eac3acbe5defceb709febbce.png

Exactly Dem policy to keep the plantation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dems claim to be the party of all minorities.  Now look at those charts above.  Why do they keep believing in the D's?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Goon said:

Too many people in Chicago are dying from gun fire. My question is, don't their lives matter?

Children are being murdered in cold blood. 

 

 

Are you in favor of strickter gun control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, petey23 said:

Not sure. The old "You are a victim, nothing is your fault, let us take care of you" campaign seems to work out well for the Democratic Politicians but not so well for those duped into voting for them.

'You are a victim,nothing is your fault'

Sounds familiar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Obviously this can simply be explained by D policies to make sure that people have food to eat and a roof over their head.

image.png.a67f1983eac3acbe5defceb709febbce.png

I have seen this chart before.  Even the people who put it together can’t explain it as easily as you would like.  If I remember correctly, their solution is reparations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, homer said:

I have seen this chart before.  Even the people who put it together can’t explain it as easily as you would like.  If I remember correctly, their solution is reparations. 

My fault for not providing the link:  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/02/27/examining-the-black-white-wealth-gap/

The basic idea is that there are a number of factors, but a large one is the continuous cycle of intergenerational wealth transfer (or lack thereof) and the disparities in the taxation of wealth-derived income (inheritance, capital gains) vs work-derived income.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

My fault for not providing the link:  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/02/27/examining-the-black-white-wealth-gap/

The basic idea is that there are a number of factors, but a large one is the continuous cycle of intergenerational wealth transfer (or lack thereof) and the disparities in the taxation of wealth-derived income (inheritance, capital gains) vs work-derived income.

Ok.  So what is the answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

You want a definition?

Go look in a mirror. .

White Privilege...having an adult male for the first 18 years of your life who would kick your ass if you screwed up.

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

White Privilege...having an adult male for the first 18 years of your life who would kick your ass if you screwed up.

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

Well this statement is definitely not something that black community has bought into for decades nor is it part of the BLM movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, UND1983 said:

Are there a lot of racists on this board?

:whistling:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Ok.  So what is the answer?

Oh, no.  You said that the Ds are doing it all wrong so it is incumbent upon you to explain how the Rs would do it better if they were in charge of inner-cities.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, wxman91 said:

My fault for not providing the link:  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/02/27/examining-the-black-white-wealth-gap/

The basic idea is that there are a number of factors, but a large one is the continuous cycle of intergenerational wealth transfer (or lack thereof) and the disparities in the taxation of wealth-derived income (inheritance, capital gains) vs work-derived income.

With this logic, would it be fair to assume then that if a white person didn't benefit from the transfer of wealth you describe above, that they do not have the privilege that is attributed to anyone with their skin color?

Or

If a person of color did benefit from this wealth transfer that they aren't being systemically oppressed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bison06 said:

 

With this logic, would it be fair to assume then that if a white person didn't benefit from the transfer of wealth you describe above, that they do not have the privilege that is attributed to anyone with their skin color?

No, because wealth is only one measure of privilege.  It really isn't that hard to find any number of studies and essays on privilege to inform yourself.  You don't have to become "woke", but putting the least bit of effort into the issue can show things from a different perspective.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...