SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you have any doubt the media everywhere  in this country has its own agenda look no farther than the Fargo Forum today.

Headline read "COVID surge....ND hits another record high". 104 new cases reported in article.  What was shamelessly omitted was there was no mention of the total tests that day to get that 104 number of positive cases.

Also the article read "North Dakota's positivity rate has inched up over the course of this month hitting 2.5% Thursday, an indicator of worsening spread". What was not mentioned was the overall positivity rate to date in ND is 3.5%. 

As usual zero context......just promote fear.

What I wouldn't give to have a handful of other communicable diseases tested (and reported) to the same degree as COVID.  People would flip their lids. And let's move all of the obituaries to the front page, too, and include full autopsy reports because cause of death suddenly matters to people, for some reason.

40 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

What I wouldn't give to have a handful of other communicable diseases tested (and reported) to the same degree as COVID.  People would flip their lids. And let's move all of the obituaries to the front page, too, and include full autopsy reports because cause of death suddenly matters to people, for some reason.

Back in the 80s wasn’t there a handful that called HIV “the gay cancer”? Pretty in line with our president calling covid the “wuhan flu” no? I don’t recall masses of right wingers fighting for their right to spread HIV though.

and we were reporting covid deaths through the CDC just like we were reporting flu deaths, until the White House made moves to make the covid counts less transparent, so there’s that!

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Well, they are no doubt starting an investigation on a majority of members here.

I'm safe though...  

Living in Rednek's garage will do that for you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Back in the 80s wasn’t there a handful that called HIV “the gay cancer”? Pretty in line with our president calling covid the “wuhan flu” no?

and we were reporting covid deaths through the CDC just like we were reporting flu deaths, until the White House made moves to make the covid counts less transparent, so there’s that!

False equivalency.  One is attacking a specific group with a pejorative the other is following decades of precedent with colloquially naming diseases by their known point of origin.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Bison06 said:

False equivalency.  One is attacking a specific group with a pejorative the other is following decades of precedent with colloquially naming diseases by their known point of origin.

Ok how about the “Chinese virus” or have you not heard him call it that? Yeah it’s a place, but they are people too aren’t they?

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Back in the 80s wasn’t there a handful that called HIV “the gay cancer”? Pretty in line with our president calling covid the “wuhan flu” no?

Did Fauci advocate for locking down all those who were homosexual as to stop the spread during that time period?

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Ok how about the “Chinese virus” or have you not heard him call it that? Yeah it’s a place, but they are people too aren’t they?

I didn't hear him call it that.  But I did hear CNN do it.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Whether it's been called that or not, I've never heard anyone refer to it that way in a demeaning way to anyone other than the CCP.

24 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Back in the 80s wasn’t there a handful that called HIV “the gay cancer”? Pretty in line with our president calling covid the “wuhan flu” no? I don’t recall masses of right wingers fighting for their right to spread HIV though.

If anyone that tested positive for HIV would have been placed in a quarantine until a vaccine was found we could have stopped the spread of that virus right?

8 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

If anyone that tested positive for HIV would have been placed in a quarantine until a vaccine was found we could have stopped the spread of that virus right?

No, no, no. What would have been best is to make EVERYONE lock down and shutter their businesses to stop the spread.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

This is just getting boring now.  

Maybe the Trump cult here should start ratcheting up the talk about "The Deep State"?

That might help!

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death?fbclid=IwAR1X8U9GTBI1Flswyi0HHiqS_3uJ1c6gN0X1oL698SitdW0JAi6r1fXy_oU

Trust the numbers

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

No, no, no. What would have been best is to make EVERYONE lock down and shutter their businesses to stop the spread.

Yep.  You know it sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.....but that is exactly what is happening.  Amazing the number of people that can't take a step back and see the craziness of it all.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Did Fauci advocate for locking down all those who were homosexual as to stop the spread during that time period?

No but HIV wasn’t spread through the air. Did he not recommend protected sex? Was there a group of right wingers promoting unprotected sex and sharing needles?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Not sure which paper is worse?  Forum or Bismarck Trib.

Might be time for a Billboard again.

Quite awhile back I remember a few businessmen in Bismarck put up Billboards on I-94 just as you were coming to the Bismarck exits that read something along the lines of 

"Welcome to Bismarck! Please judge us by the quality of our people and not by the quality of our newspaper."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I've been wondering this since the beginning when shutdowns started to happen. What is the end game here, how does this ever actually end?

The bar they have set for safety is so high that how does life ever get back to "normal"? New viruses won't stop existing, they will pop up from time to time and then we do this all over again?

Will we respond differently next time? This all can't happen again.

As a business owner, I can tell you my motivation to take risks and expand has been vastly reduced as a result of this. My business can be shut down at any point, what benefit is there to put my neck on the line if it can all be taken away from me tomorrow.

This all has just made me incredibly sad for the future as this has been an awful precedent to set.

You bring up a really good point. Are we going to shut down the economy and lock everything down every time we have a new virus? We didn't do this for the Swine Flu. I don't think that humanity can't survive if we do this again. People need to feed their families. This pandemic has been used as a power grab. Meaning, I think some political leaders have assumed powers they don't have.

• Upvote 3

Overall COVID-19 intensive care mortality has fallen by a third

The review, led by the University of Bristol and Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Trust published today in Anaesthesia, a journal of the Association of Anaesthetists, also shows ICU mortality for the disease is similar across the three continents included: Europe, Asia and North America.

“The important message is that as the pandemic has progressed and various factors combine, survival of patients admitted to ICU has significantly improved. There were no significant effects of geographical location, but reported ICU mortality fell over time. Optimistically, as the pandemic progresses, we may be coping better with COVID-19,” said lead author Professor Tim Cook, Honorary Professor in Anaesthesia at the University of Bristol and Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

No but HIV wasn’t spread through the air. Did he not recommend protected sex? Was there a group of right wingers promoting unprotected sex and sharing needles?

I'm sure there were some early days of the disease when they weren't sure exactly how the disease was spread. Out of abundance of caution they should have forced people into their homes and forced all non-essential businesses closed.

Once they found out it was spread through intercourse, a prudent course of action would have been to force people all men to walk around with condoms on and force women to wear a diaphragm over their cervix.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Another weak example.  I believe that the right wingers response was that those that were affected or could easily be affected should take precautions.....i.e. personal responsibility.....look up the concept.  There weren't mandates flying around that even people at no risk (husband and wife for example) had to wear rubbers when they got it on. 

NFL will place players who test positive for COVID-19 on IR for three weeks

Per a league source, the league intends to change the injured reserve rules to create a COVID-19 classification. Players who test positive will be placed on the COVID-19 list for three weeks, creating a roster spot that would then be filled with a player who is negative for the virus.

The players on the COVID-19 list would be paid their normal salaries.

It’s unclear what will happen if a player on the COVID-19 list can’t return after three weeks, at which time he will be eligible to return to practice. He must be returned to the active roster within three weeks after that, or he will revert to IR (absent an injury settlement).