SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Non sequitur, but I'm actually of the opinion that Biden will win. Broad characterization of people who vote for Trump isn't helpful at all and IMO is the reason he got elected in the first place. 

That was a special throw-in for this forum who think that mask-wearers are sheeple.

41 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I think you are overvaluing how good Biden is really doing but we will see.  The silent part of the country is quite numerous.

I will also revisit these posts in early November.

I mean that sincerely as a righty, MAGA, Trump lover who hates everyone but white people (did I do that right?) 

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  In states such as Texas, the R senate candidates are out performing Trump by a decent margin.  And as I’ve noted before, most people have already settled on their choice.

Of course, due to our electoral system, neither of our votes matter in the least (presuming you are in ND).

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe the black lives matter folks should just leave the country too eh? 

The race card.  No where did I mention anything having to do with race.  

Mid was response to your opinion of safety (how trump is handling Covid) vs third world countries.  

10 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  In states such as Texas, the R senate candidates are out performing Trump by a decent margin.  And as I’ve noted before, most people have already settled on their choice.

Of course, due to our electoral system, neither of our votes matter in the least (presuming you are in ND).

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/polling/trump-rises-13-points-among-independents-june-shrinks-bidens-lead-overall

10 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

The path is small but in my opinion having visited some of those states in the last month for work, people in construction and manufacturing are nervous of a Biden win.  He has to get out and explain policy if he wants to secure heir votes.  A lot of them have had record years the last 3 years and even with nothing in April and part of May are still working and going to have a good year.  Biden has to actually explain what he is going to do if he wins.  His first attempt at his economic tax policy has some business pretty nervous.  

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

Hillary had much higher negatives than Biden.  I agree, no telling what will happen between now and November, but a vote would be ugly right now for the Republicans.  

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Hillary had much higher negatives than Biden.  I agree, no telling what will happen between now and November, but a vote would be ugly right now for the Republicans.  

Right now, no doubt.  Wait two weeks though.....

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

I’m not overly confident and I’ve said multiple times that Biden could lose.  However, reading in between the lines on the current polls shows that Trump has an amazingly narrow path to victory.  The % who say they will absolutely not vote for him is extremely high.  Independents are strongly against him.  

Agree, a very narrow path. Dems need to pick up a couple traditional states and it’s over. Ex: Pa, Mi, and Wi. 

Get a turnout in some key districts and we have a new president

But there’s been some oddities: Bush and Trump defied polls.

Supposedly AA males shifted just enough toward Trump to make a national difference; seems counterintuitive given recent events but I see valid arguments why that could continue.  

Trump and Bush motivated the base so we'll see. 2020 may go to the Dems.

Independents broke for Trump, but Independents also traditionally vote against the party in the White House. 

Fwiw, Pew says Independents lean left 17 vs 13%. But I’ve also found young males in group settings can be misleading about who they support.   

Biden and Trump can both be their own worst enemies, Trump is Trump, but Joe Biden is the least interesting man since Dukakis and has yet to holster his own Mayberry issue service revolver. 

But most importantly people vote their pocketbooks and the jury is still out  

10 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

When did it become okay to stop living?

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

What are people so afraid of?  Dying...or living? 

Exactly. At-risk people are afraid of dying, so that they can live. Therefore they are raging,  raging against the dying of the light.

That however, is crazy selfish of the ragers with asthma, cancer, diabetes, spleen issues, sickle cell, HBP, have an immune condition, are over 60, or are pregnant. Please stop the annoying raging and just die already, so others can live, live without a mask 8 months. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Exactly. At-risk people are afraid of dying, so that they can live. Therefore they are raging,  raging against the dying of the light.

That however, is crazy selfish of the ragers with asthma, cancer, diabetes, spleen issues, sickle cell, HBP, have an immune condition, are over 60, or are pregnant. Please stop the annoying raging and just die already, so others can live, live without a mask 8 months. 

"wear a mask already" and it will all go away.  IALTO.  

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Thats what Bill Nye the science guy essentially just said this morning. 

Masks save lives! 

Goldman analysts estimate masks until a vaccine would change GDP 5% to the good and get people to work. Honestly I don’t care, I have a job and masks are infringing. Low wage service workers and single mothers should have gone to college, not my problem. 

13 hours ago, homer said:

He has to get out and explain policy if he wants to secure heir votes.   Biden has to actually explain what he is going to do if he wins.  His first attempt at his economic tax policy has some business pretty nervous.  

This will likely bring Biden down a bit in the polls.

Right now it appears his maximum capabilities are to shakily deliver a 5 to 10 minute scripted message.

I am interested to watch how it plays out and how the Democratic Party will try and limit and control the debates or even come up with a reason for them not to take place.

I, unfortunately due to personal family experience am able to recognize the signs and symptoms all too well. 

---his wife grabbing his arm/elbow for reassurance

---watching him know what he wants to say but being unable to verbalize those thoughts which leads to frustration and anger

---the far away, sometimes confused look

---Whatever you think of Biden, he was always confident and cocksure of himself. Those qualities are in a pretty diminished state right now.

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

This will likely bring Biden down a bit in the polls.

Right now it appears his maximum capabilities are to shakily deliver a 5 to 10 minute scripted message.

I am interested to watch how it plays out and how the Democratic Party will try and limit and control the debates or even come up with a reason for them not to take place.

I, unfortunately due to personal family experience am able to recognize the signs and symptoms all too well. 

---his wife grabbing his arm/elbow for reassurance

---watching him know what he wants to say but being unable to verbalize those thoughts which leads to frustration and anger

---the far away, sometimes confused look

---Whatever you think of Biden, he was always confident and cocksure of himself. Those qualities are in a pretty diminished state right now.

The absolute smartest thing Biden could do is come out and state that he is only planning to serve one term.  He could pitch it as a reset from the Trump era.  Maybe in his nomination acceptance speech.  And then float the names of all of the people who are in consideration for cabinet spots, etc.  Show that he will be surrounded by capable people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

The absolute smartest thing Biden could do is come out and state that he is only planning to serve one term.  He could pitch it as a reset from the Trump era.  Maybe in his nomination acceptance speech.  And then float the names of all of the people who are in consideration for cabinet spots, etc.  Show that he will be surrounded by capable people.

A bunch of the recognizable names he could put in his cabinet have gone so far left in their beliefs/promises I would welcome that.  

2 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

I think this is why his Veep choice is huge. Should Biden win I can't envision him still being in office come January 2022.

If you had told me that Biden would have been President back in 2016 had he been the nominee I would have been "well, this isn't ideal but alright lets see how the first couple years go and if he goes too far the American people will limit him in 2018 like they did to Bill Clinton after the disastrous first 2 years of his Presidency and he in my opinion, scandals aside, will go down in history as one of our better Presidents"...but Biden in 2020 is mentally and cognitively diminished and I worry a Biden Presidency will be severely co-opted by the lunatic left who has taken over the Democratic Party and I worry about what the people that will be in his administration are capable of.

10 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think this is why his Veep choice is huge. Should Biden win I can't envision him still being in office come January 2022.

If you had told me that Biden would have been President back in 2016 had he been the nominee I would have been "well, this isn't ideal but alright lets see how the first couple years go and if he goes too far the American people will limit him in 2018 like they did to Bill Clinton after the disastrous first 2 years of his Presidency and he in my opinion, scandals aside, will go down in history as one of our better Presidents"...but Biden in 2020 is mentally and cognitively diminished and I worry a Biden Presidency will be severely co-opted by the lunatic left who has taken over the Democratic Party and I worry about what the people that will be in his administration are capable of.

Elizabeth Warren likely gets a seat at the table. If she becomes Treasury Secretary he loses support from big tech, big banks, and on-the-fence owners of 401ks and IRAs. 

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

Elizabeth Warren likely gets a seat at the table. If she becomes Treasury Secretary he loses support from big tech, big banks, and on-the-fence owners of 401ks and IRAs. 

Makes sense, he said he is going to pick a minority.

• Upvote 3