SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

18 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

I don't agree with BLM's use of "disrupt" either (wtf?), but you forgot to include the second half of the sentence where BLM's advocates supporting each other as families and collectively caring for another.  I'd like to think that most of my fellow Sioux fans have also lent a hand to an extended family member or friend.

You don't need to disrupt the nuclear family structure to achieve that part though. I also notice a lack of mention on the importance of fathers in BLM's message...

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

I don't agree with BLM's use of "disrupt" either (wtf?), but you forgot to include the second half of the sentence where BLM's advocates supporting each other as families and collectively caring for another.  I'd like to think that most of my fellow Sioux fans have also lent a hand to an extended family member or friend.

I’d bet that 60% of your fellow male Sioux fans that have children aren’t divorced or are living in the same household as their children.  You can achieve B without having to disrupt A.  

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

Correct collective caring as in Marxist.  No thank you.

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

You don't need to disrupt the nuclear family structure to achieve that part though. I also notice a lack of mention on the importance of fathers in BLM's message...

1 hour ago, homer said:

I’d bet that 60% of your fellow male Sioux fans that have children aren’t divorced or are living in the same household as their children.  You can achieve B without having to disrupt A.  

You missed the part where I literally said "wtf" to disrupting the nuclear family.  I agree with you both; you don't need to disrupt the nuclear family whatsoever.

In any event, I was merely pointing out that quoting half the sentence suggests that BLM is indifferent, perhaps hostile, to the concept of families.  Just putting it in full context.

6 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

You missed the part where I literally said "wtf" to disrupting the nuclear family.  I agree with you both; you don't need to disrupt the nuclear family whatsoever.

In any event, I was merely pointing out that quoting half the sentence suggests that BLM is indifferent, perhaps hostile, to the concept of families.  Just putting it in full context.

BLM is......even in full context.  They don't claim to hide that fact.

8 hours ago, MrEdway said:

White Privilege...having an adult male for the first 18 years of your life who would kick your ass if you screwed up.

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

Systemic racism has certainly existed. To what extent it exists today is another discussion altogether.

3 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

People dont mind helping each other out, no doubt.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MrEdway said:

Systemic Racism...doesn't exist, never has. 

Really?

This is singularly the stupidest thing I've read on the internet in years.

Let's say that to the victims of Jim Crow in a segregated United States.

Let's say that to the victims of apartheid.

Let's say that to the victims of the holocaust.

I could go on, but why bother? 

You don't earn anything for saying that other than the wrath of people with a sense of right and wrong. You are a fool.

• Like 1

The members of this board have always done a good job of avoiding politics, and I hope that continues.  Political discussions are great, but it's better when there is a designated place for them.  

That's my political comment for the day.   :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, burd said:

The members of this board have always done a good job of avoiding politics, and I hope that continues.  Political discussions are great, but it's better when there is a designated place for them.  

That's my political comment for the day.   :)

Unfortunately it's gotten to the point where you can't have a talk about UND sports without also discussing politics......since politics is what is threatening to impact/cancel UND sports 

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Unfortunately it's gotten to the point where you can't have a talk about UND sports without also discussing politics......since politics is what is threatening to impact/cancel UND sports 

2020, everyday is political given "some" that cry at the sky and another new issue daily. It's exhausting. 

Trump, Covid 19, masks, skewed hospital numbers, riots, statues, police, Redskins name, I can't keep up. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'm with Tucker Carlson, blindly respecting vets is lame as hell.

Respect the service. Respect the sacrifice. No need for me to respect their trash opinions or them as a person when they use their service as a shield against criticism.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Respect the service. Respect the sacrifice. No need for me to respect their trash opinions or them as a person when they use their service as a shield against criticism.

Yes, Dan Crenshaw comes to mind in that regard.

12 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Yes, Dan Crenshaw comes to mind in that regard.

Joey Jones as well?

15 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really?

This is singularly the stupidest thing I've read on the internet in years.

Let's say that to the victims of Jim Crow in a segregated United States.

Let's say that to the victims of apartheid.

Let's say that to the victims of the holocaust.

I could go on, but why bother? 

You don't earn anything for saying that other than the wrath of people with a sense of right and wrong. You are a fool.

And you're a libtarded moron. Keep making excuses. Never heard an Asian or Hispanic complain of this mysterious institution. 

• Downvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:12 AM, Old Fella said:

Are you in favor of strickter gun control?

No, I am a advocate for the second amendment. 

From the CDC

Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9.0% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26, representing the tenth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC. The percentage is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks.

2 hours ago, MrEdway said:

And you're a libtarded moron. Keep making excuses. Never heard an Asian or Hispanic complain of this mysterious institution. 

Yup. 

Thanks for proving my point.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, homer said:

If it wasn't obvious before recently, it certainly has become crystal clear that the only goal of the media is to confuse people.

Masks are good......................masks make it worse.

Herd immunity is important so let people get Covid and contribute to the herd immunity.........Herd immunity is only achievable with a vaccine.

Young people aren't at risk..................but we have to keep the schools closed.

Covid doesn't live on surfaces...................but we must incessantly clean everything to keep people safe.

Asymptomatic carriers are the real threat....................actually your exceedingly unlikely to transmit the disease when asymptomatic.

This list could be endless, its maddening.

• Upvote 4