SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Another big poll released today from NBC/WSJ.  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6989473/200356-NBCWSJ-July-Poll-7-15-2020-Release.pdf

This one is interesting because it has the congressional breakdown of only +4 for the Ds, and that would possibly put the House in play.  However, it is also Biden +11.

This is the main poll Q in my opinion, and aligns with other polls.  50% have completely ruled out voting for him.

(ASKED IF NOT SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP)

Q10A Even though you are not supporting Donald Trump now, what are the chances that you might support Trump in this year's presidential election--is there a fair chance that you might support him, a small chance, just a very slight chance, or no chance at all you might support him?

+ Fair chance you might support .................. 1

Small chance ............................................. 3

Very slight chance ................................... 6

No chance at all you might support........... 50

Not sure ................................................... -

Currently supporting Trump....................... 40

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Alabama just issued a statewide mask order.  Damn those liberals and their covid scare tactics!!!:devil:  

C'mon yall.  Grand Forks can resist the liberal onslaught of BLM and Covid, we're the real 'Murica!!

You wrote the same thing in two different posts trying to get a reaction.  That's really lame.  

Edited by UNDBIZ
Edited quote
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Another big poll released today from NBC/WSJ.  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6989473/200356-NBCWSJ-July-Poll-7-15-2020-Release.pdf

This one is interesting because it has the congressional breakdown of only +4 for the Ds, and that would possibly put the House in plan.  However, it is also Biden +11.

This is the main poll Q in my opinion, and aligns with other polls.  50% have completely ruled out voting for him.

(ASKED IF NOT SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP)

Q10A Even though you are not supporting Donald Trump now, what are the chances that you might support Trump in this year's presidential election--is there a fair chance that you might support him, a small chance, just a very slight chance, or no chance at all you might support him?

+ Fair chance you might support .................. 1

Small chance ............................................. 3

Very slight chance ................................... 6

No chance at all you might support........... 50

Not sure ................................................... -

Currently supporting Trump....................... 40

So 50% of those not supporting him now have ruled out supporting him in the election.  That leaves 50% to decide if they are for a defunding police policy, economic policy that is making business nervous and an environmental policy that will raise costs of good and drive business over seas OR what they see of Donald Trump.  

5 Things Dr. Fauci Says States in Trouble Need to Do Right Now
1."Everyone wear a mask."
2."Bars closed."
3."No congregating in crowds."
4."Keep your distance."
5."Protect the vulnerable."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/5-things-dr-fauci-says-states-in-trouble-need-to-do-right-now/ar-BB16MJJo?ocid=msedgdhp

37 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

5 Things Dr. Fauci Says States in Trouble Need to Do Right Now
1."Everyone wear a mask."
2."Bars closed."
3."No congregating in crowds."
4."Keep your distance."
5."Protect the vulnerable."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/5-things-dr-fauci-says-states-in-trouble-need-to-do-right-now/ar-BB16MJJo?ocid=msedgdhp

No mention that I can see as to what "states in trouble" constitutes......that would have been the proper context to start with but hey Fauci gonna Fauci.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Absolutely!  I called the Distance Learning my kids did this spring 'School Lite'.  The homework they had was a fraction of what it normally was and there was little if any direct interaction with their teachers via Zoom or Facetime.  Anything they had a question on had to be submitted via email or internal school sites.  Needless to say, the kids loved it because they were done with school by about 10:30 am each day.  As far as any actual learning, I would say it was sporadic at best.

They had 2 weeks to prepare that material and plan. Speaking from experience they have been working all summer to develop Plan A, Plan B and Plan C for the fall. Here is another myth I can bust: "teachers have the summer off" not this summer, not any summer. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

They had 2 weeks to prepare that material and plan. Speaking from experience they have been working all summer to develop Plan A, Plan B and Plan C for the fall. Here is another myth I can bust: "teachers have the summer off" not this summer, not any summer. 

Wrong. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Explain to me what a full-time general ed/special ed/phy ed teacher does throughout the summer that would constitute "not having the summer off"?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Explain to me what a full-time general ed/special ed/phy ed teacher does throughout the summer that would constitute "not having the summer off"?

an intense 12 week course of 12 ounce curls - you try dealing with those "students" for 9 months at a time!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

No mention that I can see as to what "states in trouble" constitutes......that would have been the proper context to start with but hey Fauci gonna Fauci.

No need for him to draw a line in the sand across America.
He's reminding the big boys shooting arrows at him where he stands on straight forward guidelines.

8 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Idiotic to cherry pick when teachers have become the scapegoat. So you think being a teacher in this situation is easy?

Can you get infected with COVID-19 twice? Experts say possibility is 'certainly real'

Glatter says he has cared for a "number of patients" who suffer only mild initial infections, get better and actually test negative for the virus before experiencing a recurrence of symptoms. The intensity can be worse the second time, he says. 

"These patients develop difficulty breathing, leading to hypoxia, aches, chest pain, with recurrent and unrelenting fevers and chills," he said, adding that they then test positive again. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/can-you-get-infected-with-covid-19-twice-experts-say-possibility-is-certainly-real/ar-BB16OqVL?ocid=msedgdhp

56 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Idiotic to cherry pick when teachers have become the scapegoat. So you think being a teacher in this situation is easy?

You completely changed the subject.  There is no scapegoat.  My point stands.  

52 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Can you get infected with COVID-19 twice? Experts say possibility is 'certainly real'

Glatter says he has cared for a "number of patients" who suffer only mild initial infections, get better and actually test negative for the virus before experiencing a recurrence of symptoms. The intensity can be worse the second time, he says. 

"These patients develop difficulty breathing, leading to hypoxia, aches, chest pain, with recurrent and unrelenting fevers and chills," he said, adding that they then test positive again. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/can-you-get-infected-with-covid-19-twice-experts-say-possibility-is-certainly-real/ar-BB16OqVL?ocid=msedgdhp

"Wait two weeks til you get it again!!!"

35 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"Wait two weeks til you get it again!!!"

So basically if you have "symptoms " but test negative you're really positive.....got it

Neighbor's  son in college. Roommate  tested positive. He had mild symptoms. Tested negative. His doctor said he is cleared to go back to work. Contact tracers, who weeks ago were working fries at McDonald's, said he can't  return  to work. Gave him no date to return to work. Again this all makes perfect sense.........

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Neighbor's  son in college. Roommate  tested positive. He had mild symptoms. Tested negative. His doctor said he is cleared to go back to work. Contact tracers, who weeks ago were working fries at McDonald's, said he can't  return  to work. Gave him no date to return to work. Again this all makes perfect sense.........

If only we had some uniform guidelines that made sense.

what does the contract tracer’s previous job have to do with this though?

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So one size fits all for a nation of 300+ million people and 50 individual states?  

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Guidelines are if you test negative.....you're negative.

To your question someone completely  unqualified that was basically pulled off the street shouldn't have any say over the advice and directive of a physician. 

18 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Yes, with a big part of that due to difference in how states are reporting it, which won't change with it being sent to Health & Human Services and then hidden from everyone. At least the data was semi-transparent with the CDC as people could see the source data and try to figure out what the differences are. Is government transparency not a good thing or did I miss a memo?

But since that isn't working perfectly, I guess the next step is to not let anyone see it? I guess that will cut down on questions about the numbers. 

I guess I don't recall saying transparency is a bad thing. If I did, feel free to reference that. Transparency is a good thing. 

All I stated was that the transparency you refer to has been woefully and embarrassingly wrong......most of the time.

Cite and quote all the stats and data you deem necessary. 

Unfortunately, on this topic specifically, transparency doesn't equate to the truth. 

On the NBC news this morning they stated specifically the data will still be reported through the CDC.  Reason for the change is the CDC data collection is not set up to handle the turn around and reporting of this as quickly as it needs to be done.  A new database was set up.  Maybe this provides better transparency with better data.