SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

After not having any study that showed Remdesivir having any affect on mortality, I see the maker of the drug published their own study to show it helps mortality.

Shocking. I know.

And the TV/Twitter political doctors suddenly forgot about the words "peer review" and "anecdotal" and replaced them with "encouraging."

This shameful. 

Orange County inflated its coronavirus test numbers by mistakenly including antibody tests, officials say

The total number of COVID-19 tests conducted in Orange County was mistakenly inflated for more than a month beginning in late April in data released to the public, an error that may have painted a rosier picture of the pandemic than the reality in the region.

For roughly five weeks, county staff incorrectly added 30,000 serology tests to its “cumulative tests to date” figure, which made it appear that more testing for the virus was happening than was the case.

7 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Things my common sense brain new before mid-March. Thank God I am a chosen one and not a sheep. 

Any other brain busters in this thread? Can we kill the masks this masks bs talk?

The federal government knew we didn’t have enough masks in March, and it’s now July and we still don’t have enough. But let’s go ahead and end this bs talk about masks like trump wishes. Sheep.

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Lost me at “this is a virus that disappears in the summer” 

ok, maybe with the correct measures. Meanwhile in the United States we are still trying to figure out the Covid test....

https://apple.news/ANZ22VwsLSHyxdX1drwh1cw

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

Wait so we aren’t supposed to just live with it? It’s not going to just go away magically on its own? 

N95 masks, brilliant. If we get them in order now we can get one for every American by 2021, even before the vaccine is here!

9 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Things my common sense brain new before mid-March. Thank God I am a chosen one and not a sheep. 

Any other brain busters in this thread? Can we kill the masks this masks bs talk?

Huh?

Fauci said we should not be wearing masks. That was my point.

21 hours ago, Cratter said:

Has the production of N95 masks ramped up?

Still cant find any at my big box home improvement store.

Why aren't those being pushed more.

How much more protection does that give than a thin "face covering" that only catches large particulates being expelled and doesnt do any filtering like a N95.

Easy way to save lives. Especially when some of the ever conflicting evidence shows you can get it just from breathing indoor air not even from a surface or being close to anyone.

let me try to explain this one more time....n95 mask will protect the person wearing them, but does nothing to protect the general public.  they are designed to filter air intake, and have a valve in them to completely expell exhausted air. so if you have covid, and are wearing an n95 mask in public, you are not doing anything

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 1972 said:

let me try to explain this one more time....n95 mask will protect the person wearing them, but does nothing to protect the general public.  they are designed to filter air intake, and have a valve in them to completely expell exhausted air. so if you have covid, and are wearing an n95 mask in public, you are not doing anything

Not all of them have valves.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-8210-Performance-Respirator/?N=5002385+8709316+8710670+8710839+3294427689&preselect=8735361&rt=rud

Just talked to someone who's father was in a nursing home.  He had end stage CHF and renal disease.  Got Covid then passed away. She said his cause of death was labeled Covid even though she said his doctors said he had weeks to live at best.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It is shameful, if only we had some leadership from our government as to how to handle a pandemic. Yet here we are fumbling the ball worse than most third world countries.

It's Trump's fault they inflated their numbers.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

It's Trump's fault they inflated their numbers.

What numbers were inflated? If you look at what was inflated they were making the death and hospitalization rate look much lower than it actually was by throwing in 30,000 tests that were not performed. 

Some standards set by the whites house here could have gone a long way. 

17 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It is shameful, if only we had some leadership from our government as to how to handle a pandemic. Yet here we are fumbling the ball worse than most third world countries.

Jeezus....incredible.

Can you at least change your name on here? It's offensive to 'redneks' and Native Americans.

Your wokeness is lacking. Seems counter intuitive to your ideals.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What numbers were inflated? If you look at what was inflated they were making the death and hospitalization rate look much lower than it actually was by throwing in 30,000 tests that were not performed. 

Some standards set by the whites house here could have gone a long way. 

I thought Trump was a fascist dictator. He doesn't seem to be doing much for such a controlling nazi. Maybe the states can do something themselves?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Yet most in those third world countries would give everything they have to come here.  Care to trade spots with them?  Everyone does exactly what their govt says and according to you they handle Covid better.  You’d be safe.  

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Have you ever familiarized yourself with the 10th Amendment? States rights? Stories like this are all on the individual state. it has nothing to do with big orange man bad. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-02/error-led-to-overcount-of-coronavirus-testing-in-orange-county

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

CDC just came out and said their "best estimate" is that 40% of those infected with COVID are asymptomatic.

So, we "should" be approaching herd immunity? 

39 minutes ago, Goon said:

Have you ever familiarized yourself with the 10th Amendment? States rights? Stories like this are all on the individual state. it has nothing to do with big orange man bad. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-02/error-led-to-overcount-of-coronavirus-testing-in-orange-county

So since the federal government failed to come up with uniform standards, it’s on the individual states for not counting covid testing in a uniform manner. Got it. Not sure what this mistake proves other than covid response in this country has been a $hit show.

1 hour ago, homer said:

Yet most in those third world countries would give everything they have to come here.  Care to trade spots with them?  Everyone does exactly what their govt says and according to you they handle Covid better.  You’d be safe.  

Typical. Don’t like how things are going, why don’t you leave the country. No thanks I’ll vote.