SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Elizabeth Warren likely gets a seat at the table. If she becomes Treasury Secretary he loses support from big tech, big banks, and on-the-fence owners of 401ks and IRAs. 

Wall Street already killed her campaign. I could see him having her in his administration but I don't think that is a name he floats prior to the election. Also, the Massachusetts Governor is a Republican(a squishy Rino) and would probably appoint a Rino to her seat.

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

The absolute smartest thing Biden could do is come out and state that he is only planning to serve one term.  He could pitch it as a reset from the Trump era.  Maybe in his nomination acceptance speech.  And then float the names of all of the people who are in consideration for cabinet spots, etc.  Show that he will be surrounded by capable people.

He has referred to himself as a "transitional candidate" in several instances. 

39 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Wall Street already killed her campaign. I could see him having her in his administration but I don't think that is a name he floats prior to the election. Also, the Massachusetts Governor is a Republican(a squishy Rino) and would probably appoint a Rino to her seat.

Yeah, I think Warren is staying in the Senate.

1 hour ago, homer said:

A bunch of the recognizable names he could put in his cabinet have gone so far left in their beliefs/promises I would welcome that.  

Well, he's not choosing AOC.  LOL.

2 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Yeah, I think Warren is staying in the Senate.

Well, he's not choosing AOC.  LOL.

Economic policy, gun control, raising taxes  businesses amid a below expected 2020 due to Covid, reparations, free college tuition.  Most high profile democrats will be on record on their stance on those issues and they won’t all play well to the voting base that is in the fence.  

To your point, AOC has moved the entire party voting base that direction.  If Biden ever comes out and is forced to explain policies in these issues, he will run the risk of losing he middle man or frustrating a democratic base and voter turnout.  There is a reason he’s being kept to scripted speeches with no questions right now

Burgum gives the ok for ND schools to reopen face to face. Gives the individual school boards the authority to decide how to approach it academically.

My odds that (Dictator) Walz allows the same approach by letting the 300 school districts in MN decide is 20% and got a Benjamin on the under. He is too much of a liberal "I know what's best for you" idiot.

Just now, UND1983 said:

Basically Burgum punted. Left it up to the districts 

Were you expecting him to make a sweeping one size fits all state wide approach? I wasn't but I think Walz will do that.

Belfield schools aren't the same as Bismarck schools which aren't the same as Enderlin schools. The Fargo school board will tuck up their collective nuts and go with a hybrid model which will be disastrous. 

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Were you expecting him to make a sweeping one size fits all state wide approach? I wasn't but I think Walz will do that.

Belfield schools aren't the same as Bismarck schools which aren't the same as Enderlin schools. The Fargo school board will tuck up their collective nuts and go with a hybrid model which will be disastrous. 

What did he decide really....to NOT shutdown the schools?  He already did that in June

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What did he decide really....to NOT shutdown the schools?  He already did that in June

What were you anticipating he would do?

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What were you anticipating he would do?

Nothing, like he did.  Except he wasted people's time with a big presser to tell us he is doing nothing and leaving it up to districts.  That could've been sent out in a two paragraph release.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Nothing, like he did.  Except he wasted people's time with a big presser to tell us he is doing nothing and leaving it up to districts.  That could've been sent out in a two paragraph release.

Right, but this is probably the best case scenario for North Dakota given all the variables (assuming he didn't mandate schools be open statewide, which probably wasn't likely).

I can only hope Governor Walz follows suit.

Northern Minnesota is not the same as Metro Minneapolis/St Paul.

2 different worlds. You cannot treat them the same. 

If he wants to destroy the metro area, that's on him. But he should not destroy northern Minnesota simply because we reside in the same state.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Someone need to step up and tell the American people what the virus really is a bad cold or flu. All this shut down business needs to stop. It comes down to personal responsibility. If masks are the answer fine everyone one wear one but open everything up. We are makes this virus bigger than it is and needs to stop. Will you get sick? Maybe just like a flu or cold. Open everything up and deal with it. 

• Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Someone need to step up and tell the American people what the virus really is a bad cold or flu. All this shut down business needs to stop. It comes down to personal responsibility. If masks are the answer fine everyone one wear one but open everything up. We are makes this virus bigger than it is and needs to stop. Will you get sick? Maybe just like a flu or cold. Open everything up and deal with it. 

It will disappear in a couple of days?
Hospitals send everyone home?
Drop the puck, let's play hockey!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It will disappear in a couple of days?
Hospitals send everyone home?
Drop the puck, let's play hockey!

Again.......40ish hospitalized in ND and around 250 in MN. So should both states still brace for this hospitalization surge we have been told was inevitable? 

Just keep rampinging up testing just to pad to the "positive cases" to scare everyone some more. That's the new current measuring stick.......positive cases.

......but hey at least we aren't Florida where medical labs weren't even counting negative tests and putting out 98-100% daily virus positivity testing rates.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

ND info    https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Many states in the south not so fortunate.

Overall 3.6% positivity rate.

Recent "uptick" in positive cases in past few days reported by the local media.........number not discussed is the positive testing rate around 2% during that time frame.

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Overall 3.6% positivity rate.

Recent "uptick" in positive cases in past few days reported by the local media.........number not discussed is the positive testing rate around 2% during that time frame.

Give you credit for your persistence.
Hopefully no 2nd wave this fall.
Coronavirus infections coinciding with flu cases this fall could create some difficult times in American public health.

ZERO: the number of positive COVID-19 cases across the entire 24-team MLS delegation -- players, coaches, staffs, league personnel and others -- staying at the host hotel in Florida from July 12-13. The league tested 1,227 people during this time.

Pretty good small sample size.