SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Kind of ironic now that Trump himself made a directive that staffers and visitors to the West Wing must wear masks unless they are sitting at their desks and able to socially distance. Most of these people are tested frequently (daily), so in essence, he's requiring healthy people to wear masks to be at work.

Also a bit interesting that the directive does not apply to him personally. Rules for thee but not for me?

Perks of being the man, I guess

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Kind of ironic now that Trump himself made a directive that staffers and visitors to the West Wing must wear masks unless they are sitting at their desks and able to socially distance. 

Also a bit interesting that the directive does not apply to him personally. Rules for thee but not for me?

Kind of ironic that the liberals who poked fun at Trump three years ago for being a “germ phobe” now want him to socially distance, wear a mask himself, and be the comforter-in-chief while visiting those who have coronavirus.  

Damned if he does...damned if he doesn’t...

• Upvote 2

The tribalism that I’m seeing is scary.  I even feel it myself.  I have nothing in common with an 80 year old New Yorker...thus, I feel some empathy, but not much.  No more than I feel for some kid in Afghanistan.  Just some basic humanity, but not at my inconvenience.  I am reflecting on this and likely not alone.  What frightens me even more is if political bias or racial differences create that same tribalism within a geo or age band....I’m guessing for some it does in a different way...maybe even true animosity vs simple indifference.  Something to reflect on anyway...at least for me as I try and reconcile so much madness.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm not real familiar with T bond trading.  Are they not frequently traded on the open market?  Would we be able to identify and nullify only the China-held bonds?  Would we be able to prevent the sale of the China-held bonds to others around the world?  Assuming this all takes planning, would we be able to act and lock down the market before China finds out and launches a fire-sale?  Would other countries holding America's debt trust that we would not do the same to them in the future?  The idea of punching a hole in China's bank account while making our balance sheet better sounds nice, but how feasible is it while maintaining our financial system?

But believe it or not, the legal authority exists, and has been used in the past (by James Earl Carter). 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-united-states-china-debt-breakingview/breakingviews-america-could-actually-shirk-its-debts-to-china-idUSKBN22G05Q

11 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

So a default on our national debt- that would be a complete economic disaster that would make the last 8 weeks seem like a walk in the park.   What is it with conservatism/ libertarianism and the inability to think anything through? 

Here's what gets us out of this..... Trump loses badly in November and much like Bush before him hands the keys to a house on fire to Biden and a Democratic majority Senate.  Democrats then take on the hard work of cleaning up the mess the Republican Party and Trump left for them, while the same Republicans take whatever actions possible to make economic recovery/ contain v8ment of the virus as difficult as possible.   Despite this, the virus is eventually contained and the economy turns around.   After which, the debt and deficit will be addressed and some folks taxes will have to go up, which will be a small sacrifice in comparison to the workers you're asking to die of coronavirus for the sake of our economy and "patriotism".

At some point, the economy will start doing so well that people will forget what a mess Republican governance looks like and elect another Republican president and Senate and we'll start the whole process over again.   Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Once again... for yourself, for everybody.

Stop. Smoking. The. Meth.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Kind of ironic that the liberals who poked fun at Trump three years ago for being a “germ phobe” now want him to socially distance, wear a mask himself, and be the comforter-in-chief while visiting those who have coronavirus.  

I don't have an opinion on the liberals who have been looking for things to nitpick on Trump since day 1 other than it is pretty funny that they can't see their stupid and pointless criticisms of him feed into exactly what he needs to cause distractions.

I was pointing out the humor and irony that a keyboard virologist citing "Science" about how masks were pointless and telling healthy people to wear them is "absurdly unintelligent" and then just a few days later, Trump did exactly that as these people are tested daily. I'm sure there is a great explanation for it though. 

4 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

The tribalism that I’m seeing is scary.  I even feel it myself.  I have nothing in common with an 80 year old New Yorker...thus, I feel some empathy, but not much.  No more than I feel for some kid in Afghanistan.  Just some basic humanity, but not at my inconvenience.  I am reflecting on this and likely not alone.  What frightens me even more is if political bias or racial differences create that same tribalism within a geo or age band....I’m guessing for some it does in a different way...maybe even true animosity vs simple indifference.  Something to reflect on anyway...at least for me as I try and reconcile so much madness.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

the media is so mean to him - OH WAIT!   Who exactly has he "visited" with coronavirus?   He's the tanned bleach-blond "CHEERLEADER" for the USA who's never gone anywhere near the hell-holes of ER's jammed with covid patients - never gone to the "front lines" of this self-declared "WAR" to visit the docs and nurses battling this misery everyday for days on end.   He went to a mask factory and didn't bother to wear a mask and he was there for a PHOTO OPP??   (PR101 idiot - WEAR A MASK!)

He did wear weird googly eye glasses for some reason.  A bad day for him is when (mainly female media members) ask "NASTY" questions and he has a tantrum and walks away.    He blew it and he's trying to make it look like he's the hero.   Thankfully most of America isn't that stupid. At least I hope...

Not ironic - to quote the former Vikings coach - he "is who we thought he is" - a phony!

48 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

the media is so mean to him - OH WAIT!   Who exactly has he "visited" with coronavirus?   He's the tanned bleach-blond "CHEERLEADER" for the USA who's never gone anywhere near the hell-holes of ER's jammed with covid patients - never gone to the "front lines" of this self-declared "WAR" to visit the docs and nurses battling this misery everyday for days on end.   He went to a mask factory and didn't bother to wear a mask and he was there for a PHOTO OPP??   (PR101 idiot - WEAR A MASK!)

He did wear weird googly eye glasses for some reason.  A bad day for him is when (mainly female media members) ask "NASTY" questions and he has a tantrum and walks away.    He blew it and he's trying to make it look like he's the hero.   Thankfully most of America isn't that stupid. At least I hope...

Not ironic - to quote the former Vikings coach - he "is who we thought he is" - a phony!

Imagine being you, lol.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, keikla said:

The PPE needed for ER and inpatient care (masks, gowns, booties, bonnets, etc) is still extremely hard to come by.  I'm all for not wasting that supply on anyone who doesn't absolutely have to be there.

You know we have a ppe shortage when there’s not enough to outfit our self serving president.

In other news, he lets his true colors show again. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/media/trump-press-briefing-weijia-jian-kaitlan-collins/index.html

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

His idol Putin did, so why not?

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You know we have a ppe shortage when there’s not enough to outfit our self serving president.

This shtick is tiresome.

Can you pivot back to "we need more tests to get more positives"?

We've all missed that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

In other news, he lets his true colors show again. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/media/trump-press-briefing-weijia-jian-kaitlan-collins/index.html

SJW feigned outrage. POTUS response would obviously be the same if she was green. Next 

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci to testify before the Senate today. Should take him 3 minutes to make his points.

Fauci is basically sticking with his "you're only safe staying home" BS.

Says without vaccine colleges shouldn't reopen.  Again aren't most of those individuals under 24? At least the NDUS board views this differently.

Says death toll "likely higher" than reported. Thought Birx had a different opinion yesterday?

He's "cautiously optimistic" a vaccine will be discovered. That's code for "I'm pushing to keep people in their homes as long as possible to totally ruin society as we knew it".

• Upvote 1