SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Again advice was given based on models and Fauci's expertise for 45 days of lockdown to do 2 things: flatten the curve so that healthcare systems were not overwhelmed (check) and save lives so 1-2M wouldn't die (check). Was a "one size fits all" mentality yet here we are...still a country without a "one size fits all" reopening. For all the really smart people out there why is that?

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ve turned off the news for about a week now.  Is Minnesota closing in on 74,000 deaths yet?  The numbers must be off the charts by now.

What did you think of Marcil's call for the government to advertise through local newspapers so they can actually make money?

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ve turned off the news for about a week now.  Is Minnesota closing in on 74,000 deaths yet?  The numbers must be off the charts by now.

That number isn't in jeopardy now since MN cancelled the Legion baseball season this summer.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That number isn't in jeopardy now since MN cancelled the Legion baseball season this summer.

Double bonus that I cannot catch coronavirus because I won’t have to attend @MafiaBoy’s high school graduation ceremony.  Thanks, Governor Walz, I appreciate you looking out for me!

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

And UNDlawguy liked this one.  Lol. 

You did like the post that said it was the fault of those who are at the top, and there is only one guy at the top.  

He made a post saying if you want to blame someone, blame the politicians and don't excuse their actions. The top can be considered politicians. If you want to blame one single person, you have to put it on the guy at the very top. Again, you connected the final dots for him that trump is at the very top and deserves fault. 

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ummmmmmmm..........

Read my quotes you posted.    Everything I wrote regarding our politicians was in the plural form.  As such the 'buck stops at the top' refers to (per the topic) our leaders and not those giving them advice.  But I suppose basic English comprehension is lacking these days.    

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see maybe three 50+ in that video. 

What I see is a bunch of potential asymptomatic carriers (who’ll never go symptomatic) that’ll build herd immunity. 

Did you read the first 20-30 replies? Essentially everyone who is in the building is going to get it and many of them are going to die.

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Read my quotes you posted.    Everything I wrote regarding our politicians was in the plural form.  As such the 'buck stops at the top' refers to (per the topic) our leaders and not those giving them advice.  But I suppose basic English comprehension is lacking these days.    

If you really are an attorney look for new work......no one here is buying that......the "leaders" part. In the plural form.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you really are an attorney look for new work......no one here is buying that......the "leaders" part. In the plural form.

I suppose I shouldn't expect certain individuals to see beyond their biases......the right-wing wackos in this case.   Not that far-left-wing idiots would do any differently in the same situation.    

Well done people.      

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Did you read the first 20-30 replies? Essentially everyone who is in the building is going to get it and many of them are going to die.

I assume you are speaking in jest, those responses were pure lunacy.

can you imagine how pathetic a world this would be if everything shutdown over somebody getting sick?  I didn’t before, I can now...it’s a complete joke.  

When we were talking about millions dying in the hallways of jam packed ERs...that’s when I bought in....

2+ months later:

a few thousand healthy people, a boatload of unhealthy elderly people. Most in NYC metroplex. Sorry for the family’s loss, but really?  Really?  We failed this test, not because of the numbers, but because we’ve become so soft and weak as a society that we can’t be okay with nature taking its course.

people, we control nothing!  We are tiny, fragile organisms spinning and rotating, and revolving and spinning thousands of miles per hour around a bunch of giant rocks and nuclear reactors in an endless vacuum..accept we don’t control sh$t, accept we all die someday.  Then love your family and move on.

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I suppose I shouldn't expect certain individuals too see beyond their biases......the right-wing wackos in this case.   Not that far-left-wing idiots would do any differently in the same situation.    

Well done people.      

Saying it isn't all the President's fault doesn't mean I am a right wing wacko.  This sh$t was happening no matter what.  Maybe a bit less with a different reaction.  

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Media and the internet have broken this country.  Seriously.  We’d be a lot better off without it.  

So true.  The internet has broken us.    

It gives people an easy avenue to seek out news that only validates their confirmation biases.  As a result we're more apt to live in cocoon of 1-sided perspectives.  

Unlike in years past (say, when everybody obtained news from Walter Cronkite) we have no common ground as a starting point for disagreement.  People’s worldviews are miles apart.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It gives people an easy avenue to seek out news that only validates their confirmation biases.  As a result we're more apt to live in cocoon of 1-sided perspectives.  

Unlike in years past (say, when everybody obtained news from Walter Cronkite) we have no common ground as a stating point for disagreement.  People’s worldviews are miles apart.  

Couldn’t agree more, and people can sit there and spout their perspectives with no consequence and no credibility required.

58 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Which is the greater sin?  That we failed to delay 80,000 deaths or that we destroyed the US economy for a generation?  I know where I sit on that...

787000+ total individuals in this country died between February 1 thru May 2 from a laundry list of reasons. 

700K+ have died above and beyond COVID in 3 months. 

This country never recognized the other 700K deaths during the same time frame nor has it ever made a big deal of the roughly 3/4M individuals that die every 3 months in this country. 

You're spot on that we were fooled into thinking protecting the elderly and vulnerable was paramount and a single line item on the balance sheet at the expense of sacrificing the stability of society as we know it and the future of your kids and mine.

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It gives people an easy avenue to seek out news that only validates their confirmation biases.  As a result we;re more apt to live in cocoon of 1-sided perspectives.  

Unlike in years past (say, when everybody obtained their news from Walter Cronkite) we have no common ground as a stating point for disagreement.  People’s worldviews are miles apart.  

I will add that it is also prevalent in the entertainment people watch and listen to.  Johnny Carson was an equal opportunity mocker.  You don’t see that these days.  When you get a whole bunch of celebrities together with a campaign that “we really need to support this president” it only shows that it is all based on political viewpoint, not country.  

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why are we blaming the firefighters?

Blame the arsonists. (Yeah, I’m looking at you and your policies Beijing.) 

German magazine Der Spiegel is reporting the China government conspired with WHO to delay reporting the problem by four to six weeks.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/09/china-who-coronavirus-coverup-germany/ 

“The BND’s verdict is harsh: At least four, if not six, weeks have been lost in Beijing’s information policy in the fight against the virus,” Der Spiegel reported. 

(BND is German intelligence.) 

• Upvote 4

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-coronavirus-real-death-toll-covid-29-cases-a9504911.html

So assuming these numbers are even close to accurate, show me a Covid-19 death and I'll show you someone with heart disease or some similar condition  that was too afraid of the media created hysteria to seek treatment........but don't forget the added bonus of a crashed economy.

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-coronavirus-real-death-toll-covid-29-cases-a9504911.html

So assuming these numbers are even close to accurate, show me a Covid-19 death and I'll show you someone with heart disease or some similar condition  that was too afraid of the media created hysteria to seek treatment........but don't forget the added bonus of a crashed economy.

Yeah...but this is the Brits too...jolly good fun, eh?