SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I keep hearing we needed mass testing.

But did we know what to test for until it was rolling? And how would we have gear to test for what we didn’t know to test for? 

I seem to recall we didn’t take advantage of a test from the world health organization early on.

If ND would test 10000 people tomorrow would we have 1000 positives just because more test were done?

Funny that lots of people thought Georgia was going to blowup after they were one of the first states to open things up.

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Most definitely. How often do your think nursing home employees should be tested per week right now?

How often people are tested and people being turned away from testing opportunities are two different things. Are people actually being denied a test when they want one?

If you adhered to the lockdown completely, there would be no reason to get tested.  

my family did not leave the house for 5 weeks.  Zip. Nada.  Nobody had symptoms.  Why would we be tested?  Airborne exposure in the backyard?  Virus on packaging of grocery delivery?  If we got it that way, well, number was up.  We live A thousand + miles from family over 45.  We’re not infecting people.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

How often people are tested and people being turned away from testing opportunities are two different things. Are people actually being denied a test when they want one?

Yes- if there is no logical reason on God’s earth to test them

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The only way to keep covid out of our skilled nursing facilities is a daily rapid test for everyone coming in. Anything short of that, it will find it’s way in. So cal it what you want, but we don’t have the testing capabilities that we need.

add to this...how many people were turned away from testing in Fargo just a few days ago?

Just now, Redneksioux said:

The only way to keep covid out of our skilled nursing facilities is a daily rapid test for everyone coming in. Anything short of that, it will find it’s way in. So cal it what you want, but we don’t have the testing capabilities that we need.

That's what I am asking.  Are the nursing home workers saying there is a lack of testing, therefore they aren't being tested due to availability?

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's what I am asking.  Are the nursing home workers saying there is a lack of testing, therefore they aren't being tested due to availability?

I think most would tell you they’d like a daily rapid test before entering.  The residents and families would like us there as well.

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I grew up working in a skilled nursing home for years as my parents owned and operated one. Rednek's fascination with a sliver of the population is astonishing. Great residents in those facilities but they are there for a reason. The staff that cares for those residents are unsung individuals. I have seen first hand many years influenza ravage a facility. Unfortunately sick elderly folks who get sicker don't do well. That's reality. 

Fargo Forum had 40 obituaries today with most of those being elderly.

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I think most would tell you they’d like a daily rapid test before entering.  The residents and families would like us there as well.

Great.  That's not what I am asking. 

Are they wanting a test and not getting it?   

19 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

add to this...how many people were turned away from testing in Fargo just a few days ago?

So I can expect the testing rate to go from 3%+ to 10% if and when those people get tested?

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

We didn't half ass anything......we got Fauici'd. He does deserve a lot of credit for this mess.

Wanna talk about someone who missed the concept of the forest. 

Wrong again.  Our elected officials failed us.  

Fauci merely provides advice.  It’s up to our elected leaders to weight the options presented before them and formulate policy based on what they think is right.  

If our leaders chose to go with good advice, or bad advice, that’s on them.  No one else.  

The buck stops at the top.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Fauci merely provides advice.  It’s up to our elected leaders to weight the options presented before them and formulate policy based on what they think is right.  

If our leaders chose to go with good advice, or bad advice, that’s on them.  No one else.  

Its Trumps fault.  I mean, lol.  

• Upvote 4

Which failed us? 
Noam in SD? Bergum? Newsom in CA? The Michigan governor? Cuomo? The NJ governor? MN governor? 

I’d say the elected official who haven’t ended “wet markets” in China failed us.
Those are the main suspect for MERS, SARS, swine flu, and now Ol’-19. 
Elect me and those markets will no longer be a problem* :wink:

*And I’ll fix the China bio-weapons program too. :0

19 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You're naive or simplistic or both......what if "the top" said screw Fauci and the models we are going full blown Sweden??

The models were trash and Fauci's narrow view was trash. Throw in the dick measuring contest between the governors and here we are. 

Trump, Biden, Obama.....they all would have received the same advice and data. Can't imagine anyone at "the top" would have handled this perfectly.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're naive or simplistic or both......what if "the top" said screw Fauci and the models we are going full blown Sweden??

The models were trash and Fauci's narrow view was trash. Throw in the dick measuring contest between the governors and here we are. 

Trump, Biden, Obama.....they all would have received the same advice and data. Can't imagine anyone at "the top" would have handled this perfectly.

Dynato and UNDlawguy think differently. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

If the concern was overwhelming the health system, why weren’t the societal triggers tied to ... (wait for it) ... loading on the health system. 

We have a winner......that's a good Bingo!