SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're naive or simplistic or both......what if "the top" said screw Fauci and the models we are going full blown Sweden??

The models were trash and Fauci's narrow view was trash. Throw in the dick measuring contest between the governors and here we are. 

Trump, Biden, Obama.....they all would have received the same advice and data. Can't imagine anyone at "the top" would have handled this perfectly.

You didn't counter my point at all.  Just made more excuses for our failed approach.     How other past presidents/governors would've handled it is immaterial, they aren't the ones making decisions at the moment.    

30 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It’s up to our elected leaders to weight the options presented before them and formulate policy based on what they think is right.  

They have. 

You and I may or may not agree with the decisions. 

To claim they didn’t is to claim you are a mind reader and know their thoughts. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You didn't counter my point at all.  Just made more excuses for our failed approach.     How other past presidents/governors would've handled it is immaterial, they aren't the ones making decisions at the moment.    

That's convenient. Thanks for the deep insight.

• Upvote 1

Our elected officials failed us.

Is code for.

They didn't mail every household a months supply of rapid tests.

Who can argue with that?

Anything less than:

Everybody gets mailed a free test for every day that instantly tells them if you're positive or not...

Is a failure.

No need for contact tracing or anti body testing then!

Try and beat that one fools!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They have. 

You and I may or may not agree with the decisions. 

To claim they didn’t is to claim you are a mind reader and know their thoughts. 

Didn't what?  

I don't care what they think or their process of formulating policy.  Officials are judged on the policies they implement.    

Our economy is in the tank, unemployment is skyrocketing and Covid deaths are not going down.  Are you happy about this?  It's a complete and total failure.    

14 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I just pointed out your illogical conclusion that the response to this crisis falls on one person. 

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Didn't what?  

I don't care what they think or their process of formulating policy.  Officials are judged on the policies they implement.    

Our economy is in the tank, unemployment is skyrocketing and Covid deaths are not going down.  Are you happy about this?  It's a complete and total failure.    

We were ALL told everything must be shut down for a minimum of 45 days as to not overwhelm healthcare systems and saves live so that 2M wouldn't die...........you missed that memo obviously. So in that process, based on models and Fauci's advice, how'd you think the economy and employment were going to play out? 

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I just pointed out your illogical conclusion that the response to this crisis falls on one person. 

Hmmm..  You appear overly defensive of your great dear leader.   I specifically pointed out that this is a failure of leadership across the board.  Reps and Dems.  Unfortunately for the President, he's at the top. The majority of the buck stops with him.    

No different than H1N1 response falls on Obama, or 911 response falls on Bush (considering you want to being other presidents into the topic).    

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Dynato and UNDlawguy think differently. 

I've already shared my thoughts on excusing the actions of politicians solely because of the source of information they used to make decisions. Not going through that mess again.

22 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Hmmm..  You appear overly defensive of your great dear leader.   I specifically pointed out that this is a failure of leadership across the board.  Reps and Dems.  Unfortunately for the President, he's at the top. The majority of the buck stops with him.    

No different than H1N1 response falls on Obama, or 911 response falls on Bush (considering you want to being other presidents into the topic).    

Hahaha......good one. I definitely do not think Trump is faultless in this but he definitely doesn't deserve most of the blame. For you to insinuate that shows your ignorance in the big picture.

Hopefully when Biden wins election for the Senate in November he can help get this country back on track.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dynato said:

I've already shared my thoughts on excusing the actions of politicians solely because of the source of information they used to make decisions. Not going through that mess again.

You liked his post about it essentially being Trumps fault.  Guilty by association.  

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Didn't what?  

I had realistic expectations. 

Zero deaths? Never going to happen.
Economic impact? The minute the word “pandemic” was rolled out the impact was real if only just psychological. 

We did the best we could with the immediate information when this hit. 
We’re doing the best we can with what we have in hand now. 
If you can do better, run for office. 

I’m not a Walz guy, but his “adjusting the knobs” to get back to normal mindset is good. (I may or may not agree with his settings. And that’s OK.)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

A Dem California legislator just comes out and says it and seems proud.  Why work?  The government is paying you more to stay home.  

Frightening that someone this dense could get elected to any office. Hey we can just plant more of those money trees!

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

lack of direction?  whose fault is that...gavin newsome could announce tomorrow that schools are open, all businesses are essential...all are open,....everything back to normal....what's stoppping him?????????????

He wants the federal government to pick up the 150 billion dollar tab the state has run up pre Covid19 and another 300 billion that California cities have accumulated pre Covid19...plus relief for Covid19.

Just now, UND1983 said:

You liked his post about it essentially being Trumps fault.  Guilty by association.  

I didn't even like the post you mentioned about it being trumps fault? I liked his post about holding politicians accountable for their actions. Which did not directly mention Trump, ironically you ended up doing that for him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How batsh×t nuts are people right now?  Read the replies under this Twitter post...

I see maybe three 50+ in that video. 

What I see is a bunch of potential asymptomatic carriers (who’ll never go symptomatic) that’ll build herd immunity. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Economic impact? The minute the word “pandemic” was rolled out the impact was real if only just psychological. 

I’m not a Walz guy, but his “adjusting the knobs” to get back to normal mindset is good. (I may or may not agree with his settings. And that’s OK.)

Walz had the knobs set so far one way that there is only one direction to adjust them now.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes. We have a different outlook on what should've/shouldn't have been implemented. Respectfully each to their own.

I just find it ironic that 99% of posts on this forum complain about our country's response to the crisis.  I write a post about holding all our elected officials accountable for this mess and receive a partisan onslaught in response.  Can't say I'm surprised.    

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, dynato said:

I didn't even like the post you mentioned about it being trumps fault? I liked his post about holding politicians accountable for their actions. Which did not directly mention Trump, ironically you ended up doing that for him. 

And UNDlawguy liked this one.  Lol. 

You did like the post that said it was the fault of those who are at the top, and there is only one guy at the top.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Wrong again.  Our elected officials failed us.  

Fauci merely provides advice.  It’s up to our elected leaders to weight the options presented before them and formulate policy based on what they think is right.  

If our leaders chose to go with good advice, or bad advice, that’s on them.  No one else.  

The buck stops at the top.  

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes. We have a different outlook on what should've/shouldn't have been implemented. Respectfully each to their own.

I just find it ironic that 99% of posts on this forum complain about our country's response to the crisis.  I write a post about holding all our elected officials accountable for this mess and receive a partisan onslaught in response.  Can't say I'm surprised.   

Ummmmmmmm..........

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Quite dramatic.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Walz had the knobs set so far one way that there is only one direction to adjust them now.

I’ve turned off the news for about a week now.  Is Minnesota closing in on 74,000 deaths yet?  The numbers must be off the charts by now.

• Upvote 1