SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Gov. Walz might not have had much of an option than to end the Stay at Home orders.

As some have started to be ruled unlawful.

One of the Twitter thread commenters literally wrote, "Well, so much for separate branches of government."

I wonder if he knows how ignorant he sounds.  Separate branches of government is EXACTLY what happened here.  That's how the whole 'checks and balances' system works.  I can't believe so many people graduated HS with absolutely no knowledge of basic civics.  The warm embrace of indefinite, overly broad executive lockdown orders scares me to this day.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

One of the Twitter thread commenters literally wrote, "Well, so much for separate branches of government."

I wonder if he knows how ignorant he sounds.  Separate branches of government is EXACTLY what happened here.  That's how the whole 'checks and balances' system works.  I can't believe so many people graduated HS with absolutely no knowledge of basic civics.  The warm embrace of indefinite, overly broad executive lockdown orders scares me to this day.

Well with 25-30% of kids doing absolutely nothing education wise since they went to virtual/online schooling and for a number of states that schooling probably continuing thru the fall I'll take the over that number will go up within the Class of 2021.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

The betting line on new jobless claims tomorrow morning when the report comes out is at another 2.45M.

It's time to get America back to work. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Well with 25-30% of kids doing absolutely nothing education wise since they went to virtual/online schooling and for a number of states that schooling probably continuing thru the fall I'll take the over that number will go up within the Class of 2021.

I think you are being conservative with that number

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Actually, it's great. Because a bunch of false negative results means the death and serious illness rate is much lower for COVID+ individuals than reported.

59 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

In other news 99.975% of the US population has not died of Coronavirus 

Those old people deserved to DIE anyway...they were just sucking up our senior living resources!  GET OUT THERE and lick the doorknobs stud!

23 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

No it is!   It means you can kill your grandparents and be able to test "negative" so you don't have to feel guilty.   WIN-WIN!:-)

Can you guarantee me that if I wear a Covid blocking mask that my elderly grandparents won't die of old age, cardiac arrest, won't develop Alzheimer's, and won't be severely hurt in a fall?  Because if not, it seems like all this testing and wearing a mask crap are only saving them from a very small percentage of ailments that could kill them and it is coming at a very high cost to society.  

• Upvote 3

The latest (third) predictive model supplying Walz with accurate and reliable "science and data" as published by the MNDOH and the U of M School of Public Health yesterday reveals the following.......

MN would have 6000 fewer total deaths moving forward if the stay at home order was extended to May 31.

MN will now reach 750 deaths per day at it's "first peak" this summer.

MN could see an additional 1400 deaths by the of May.

MN could reach 29000 deaths due to lifting the stay at home order on May 18....8000 deaths more than expected.

If there had been no stay at home order MN was looking at 57000 deaths.

By lifting stay at home order on May 18 ICU demand peaks at 3400 beds. MN hospitals only have a total of 2600 ICU beds. If no stay at home order at all ICU demand would have been at 5000 beds per day.

So to recap what this model provides in terms of "science and data".....lifting the stay at home order will cause (wait for it) the hospitals systems in MN to be overwhelmed, will not continue to flatten the curve and will not save lives. 

#saferathome

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The chips are about to crumble.

At least that's what you're cheering for. 

At least we know someone here continues to push all his chips into the middle based on this models and hoping for the worst.

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The betting line on new jobless claims tomorrow morning when the report comes out is at another 2.45M.

If you bet the over again this week you're a winner.

2.98M new jobless claims reported. 

Puts total at 36.5M unemployed. Just heard an economist state he feels 40% of those lost jobs will never come back. Rednek......you cheering for that to happen too?

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

But who would stack their chips against illness and death, especially among the old and infirm? Sucker’s bet if ever there was one.

Three of the most recent deaths in ND due to COVID were two individuals in their 90s and one 100+ IIRC.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At least that's what you're cheering for. 

At least we know someone here continues to push all his chips into the middle based on this models.

Far from cheering for this to get worse, was more of jab at our president’s son....

https://mobile.twitter.com/erictrump/status/1260201200173101062

Nobody knows the long term effects of Coronavirus but new side effects are starting to show in people months after infection and now children are starting to deal with inflammatory immune response after being infected. Yet we continue to test and wear masks at such a high cost to society:whistling: