SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, keikla said:

There's always going to be contention over the death numbers and how they are determined.  If we know that covid creates a hypercoaguable state, and a patient with covid dies from a pulmonary embolism (with no previous related conditions or issues), did the patient die from covid?

Yes

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, keikla said:

There's always going to be contention over the death numbers and how they are determined.  If we know that covid creates a hypercoaguable state, and a patient with covid dies from a pulmonary embolism (with no previous related conditions or issues), did the patient die from covid?

Hypercoaguable state = DIC?

I am an optomist and a realasist.  I realize the ecomomy must be opened.

I have been out the past to days/once to the area I grew up in/the other to a hardware store in GF.

Made a stop at the cenex station in the area I grew up in to put petro in the car.  While doing so a young woman came out of the station with food/she was not wearing a mask.  Went into the station where 2 young women were working.  Although they handled take out food neither was wearing a mask or gloves.

At the GF hardware store at best 1 out of 10 employees were  wearing masks.  Asked why their reply was the store was out of masks.  On the plus side 8 out of 10 customers were wearing masks.

I was wearing a mask at both places. Wearing a mask does not protect me from the virus does not protect me, it protects others, if I had the virus, from speading it to others.  (The fact that you may not be sick does not mean you don't have the virus.)  Millions of people in this country fall into this catagory.

Disclaimer:  Like most of the medical experts on this message board I recieved my medical degree from the University of Pheonix. 

Point:  A significant % of people are not acting responsibly.

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I have been out the past to days/once to the area I grew up in/the other to a hardware store in GF.

Made a stop at the cenex station in the area I grew up in to put petro in the car.  While doing so a young woman came out of the station with food/she was not wearing a mask.  Went into the station where 2 young women were working.  Although they handled take out food neither was wearing a mask or gloves.

At the GF hardware store at best 1 out of 10 employees were  wearing masks.  Asked why their reply was the store was out of masks.  On the plus side 8 out of 10 customers were wearing masks.

I was wearing a mask at both places. Wearing a mask does not protect me from the virus does not protect me, it protects others, if I had the virus, from speading it to others.  (The fact that you may not be sick does not mean you don't have the virus.)  Millions of people in this country fall into this catagory.

Disclaimer:  Like most of the medical experts on this message board I recieved my medical degree from the University of Pheonix. 

Keep your distance, wash your hands and disinfectant your hands and surfaces.  Don't cough on anyone.  Cover with your elbow.  

16 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

According to you.  Were they social distancing?

33 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Keep your distance, wash your hands and disinfectant your hands and surfaces.  Don't cough on anyone.  Cover with your elbow.  

I wear the mask to protect others.  As I am over 65 no longer worry about me.

It is irresponsible for anyone to go out in public and not wear a mask.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I wear the mask to protect others.  As I am over 65 no longer worry about me.

It is irresponsible for anyone to go out in public and not wear a mask.

I'll play along, in your mind at what stat/threshold/measurement would you consider it ok for people to no longer wear masks?

Keeping in mind UND 92,96's informative post showing that from ages 1-69 ND has had a total of 3 deaths. 

Just now, keikla said:

The FDA issued an emergency use authorization for remdesivir.  Per Gilead, apart from their expanded access program already in place, all doses manufactured will go to the government, and the government will handle distribution.

Oh great...the government is handling distribution...

7 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I'll play along, in your mind at what stat/threshold/measurement would you consider it ok for people to no longer wear masks?

Keeping in mind UND 92,96's informative post showing that from ages 1-69 ND has had a total of 3 deaths. 

Hugo’s also has signs up asking everyone that enters to wear a mask. From my observation, 50% were wearing masks on saturday when I was on 32nd.

The thing is none of us really know what the acceptable threshold is. We do know that it has killed almost 70k in the US with most of those deaths occurring in under a month of time. And those who die with it are dying on average of ten years before their expected time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coronavirus-kills-people-an-average-of-a-decade-before-their-time-11588424401

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

While millions of people have likely been infected and are/were asymptomatic, the vast majority are not actively shedding the virus.  

That said, I would not be happy about receiving food from someone not wearing gloves or a mask.  

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

While millions of people have likely been infected and are/were asymptomatic, the vast majority are not actively shedding the virus.  

That said, I would not be happy about receiving food from someone not wearing gloves or a mask.  

Unfortunately in the food industry, if they're wearing gloves it probably just means they haven't washed or disinfected in a long time.... all while touching money, credit cards, and their face.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Unfortunately in the food industry, if they're wearing gloves it probably just means they haven't washed or disinfected in a long time.... all while touching money, credit cards, and their face.

We have a winner......that's a good bingo!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Is anybody else surprised we haven't seen Dakota Legacy Collection masks at the Sioux Shop yet? Only $23.23.

Kinda shocked actually but to do things legit with licensed manufacturers takes a bit of a process. Not as simple as all the knockoff fbwarriors

Also I see some liability with selling these masks. Say I buy the legacy 2 pack ( 1 brien logo and geo)... and i get the rona while im wearing it at capn jacks picking up a couple racks of PBR to get through my kids schoolwork for the day.....

Whose to say people dont start suing... that aspect of it would be an issue, i think thats going to be a huge aspect of the coming years if there isnt more specific tort regulations passed, and thats if there even should be, its a big complex issue,  or yet another big complex issue

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Kinda shocked actually but to do things legit with licensed manufacturers takes a bit of a process. Not as simple as all the knockoff fbwarriors

Also I see some liability with selling these masks. Say I buy the legacy 2 pack ( 1 brien logo and geo)... and i get the rona while im wearing it at capn jacks picking up a couple racks of PBR to get through my kids schoolwork for the day.....

Whose to say people dont start suing... that aspect of it would be an issue, i think thats going to be a huge aspect of the coming years if there isnt more specific tort regulations passed, and thats if there even should be, its a big complex issue,  or yet another big complex issue

Good point. I did notice that the NBA and NFL licensed masks that Fanatics is selling have a disclaimer stating that they are not intended to be PPE or to prevent or protect from any form of illness or disease.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Was just thinking that, I should be washing my CC after every time I use it

I guarantee you that you’ve encountered the virus.  You just haven’t been infected because your immune system is an amazing thing.  It’s out there, it’s on things.    It’s been on you...

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I guarantee you that you’ve encountered the virus.  You just haven’t been infected because your immune system is an amazing thing.  It’s out there, it’s on things.    It’s been on you...

I agree with that, just pointing out that my card gets touched by alot of different people lately.

Circling back to my point about the media maybe doing their part to keep people calmer though this tough time - here is a member of the blue check mark loser brigade that happens to have 232,000 followers:

A viewing of her posts doesn't take long to figure out her intentions with all this, at least politically.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Circling back to my point about the media maybe doing their part to keep people calmer though this tough time - here is a member of the blue check mark loser brigade that happens to have 232,000 followers:

A viewing of her posts doesn't take long to figure out her intentions with all this, at least politically.  

the guy that did the interview with the heraldo talking about people not staying at hotels....did he not know that wearing that mask for that photo would set him and his business back another two weeks?  

20 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Its something that I think about as well.  It also would be silly of me to think that this virus was only floating around MN in March (I read a story on MPR that a family had the virus in late January).