SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

I sure would hope an identified asymptomatic carrier would isolate themselves. As far as I can tell they'd be committing a class b misdemeanor in ND if they didn't. I know we can't stop people from acting recklessly but the government can and should be taking measures to limit reckless behavior. To encourage compliance I would hope the government could assist to make sure this is do-able and that person would be eligible for some paid leave from work or unemployment benefits. 

I would hope so too.  But my question would be about forcing someone with no symptoms to get a test.  That’s the only way you would find these silent carriers.  I don’t like forced screenings by the federal government or by private companies for that matter.  I don’t want people to drive drunk either, but I have a problem with forced check points.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Really? Which one? This drug is literally made by 25-30 companies or more and has been off patent for years. Costs about 50 cents a dose.

Don't feel bad, the fake news media live wells are full of people willing to believe anything they report.

Also true of cult members,

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Really? Which one? This drug is literally made by 25-30 companies or more and has been off patent for years. Costs about 50 cents a dose.

Don't feel bad, the fake news media live wells are full of people willing to believe anything they report.

There are risks associated with the drug in the doses being used as therapeutic, especially for those with heart conditions.

The drug itself is cheap, safe and effective in known dosing for malaria and immunologic diseases.

sidenote, you realize you can die from a heavy dose of Tylenol too... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I would hope so too.  But my question would be about forcing someone with no symptoms to get a test.  That’s the only way you would find these silent carriers.  I don’t like forced screenings by the federal government or by private companies for that matter.  I don’t want people to drive drunk either, but I have a problem with forced check points.

We have a long ways to go before we are to a point of there being more tests than those that want a test. In ND they are mass testing at nursing homes. To protect residents some of the long term care facilities are even paying their staff to be tested. 

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I'd look at the two companies the VA ordered it from using a no-bid emergency ordering process.   

I guess any news that conflicts with Conservatives shaky grasp on reality is fake news now.

8 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I'd look at the two companies the VA ordered it from using a no-bid emergency ordering process.   

I guess any news that conflicts with Conservatives shaky grasp on reality is fake news now.

i would guess most people on here lean more libertarian.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i would guess most people on here lean more libertarian.

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

7 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

To be fair, most I'd argue on here are Trumpists first..... essentially anything he does is OK and anyone who criticizes anything he does even the slightest is anti-Trump.

Then how do you explain nearly all of the conservative leaning posters here expressing frustration with the forced shutdown for the last month and a half?

• Upvote 1

japan has/had 432 deaths yet a lot of people use mass transit and i am assuming that some of it underground...why is that japan has that few of deaths compared to nyc?  is it bc it has become customary for asians to wear masks more compared to americans...432 deaths for all of japan is crazy.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

japan has/had 432 deaths yet a lot of people use mass transit and i am assuming that some of it underground...why is that japan has that few of deaths compared to nyc?  is it bc it has become customary for asians to wear masks more compared to americans...432 deaths for all of japan is crazy.

lower incidence of Cardiac related chronic conditions?  Climate?  

Board of regents voted to have in-person class this fall at SD universities.  

Golfed yesterday with a friend of my daughter. He golfs at a MN university. He was told by his school to be prepared to have online class this coming fall semester. 

2 hours ago, keikla said:

I find this surprising...not that they're so far behind but that they're still supporting it.  The vast majority of hospitals here have pulled it from their treatment protocols. It is not just a concern of lack of efficacy, but a concern for poorer outcomes compared to those who don't receive the medication at all. 

I’d like for there to be a scientific consensus here.  I hear mixed responses with a partisan tone each way in the reporting around this. (Not from you Keikla, I mean in media)

anecdotally, India, which has cities more densely populated than NYC has a death rate per million of 0.9...coincidence that anti-malarials are pervasive?  I don’t have the data to answer that.

40 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

You are correct.  Cult members believe and do anything their leader sas or wants,

41 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

The tragedy of this pandemic will prove not to be loss of life, but on the further destruction of our nation.

Regionalism and ideological world view differences along with economic disparity already in clear sight will be exponentially magnified.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

There are risks associated with the drug in the doses being used as therapeutic, especially for those with heart conditions.

The drug itself is cheap, safe and effective in known dosing for malaria and immunologic diseases.

sidenote, you realize you can die from a heavy dose of Tylenol too... 

Right. But people act like they can go to the pharmacist and pick some up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

It is amazing how something that was completely discredited weeks ago pops back up. Let's do the Russia thing next.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

More anti media, pro facts myself. Voted for Darrell castle in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The tragedy of this pandemic will prove not to be loss of life, but on the further destruction of our nation.

Regionalism and ideological world view differences along with economic disparity already in clear sight will be exponentially magnified.  

That is the goal of some.

44 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I’d like for there to be a scientific consensus here.  I hear mixed responses with a partisan tone each way in the reporting around this. (Not from you Keikla, I mean in media)

anecdotally, India, which has cities more densely populated than NYC has a death rate per million of 0.9...coincidence that anti-malarials are pervasive?  I don’t have the data to answer that.

This article does a decent job of explaining the politicization of hydroxychloroquine

https://www.wired.com/story/the-info-war-over-chloroquine-has-slowed-covid-19-science/

23 minutes ago, petey23 said:

It is amazing how something that was completely discredited weeks ago pops back up. Let's do the Russia thing next.

Redid the lie of Trump calling the corona virus a hoax this morning, so might as well retell the imaginary Trump/Russian collusion story again too.