SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

14 hours ago, Goon said:

Check out the worldometers.info coronavirus death charts for Italy. 

Went from one of the world hot spots to as he said virtually nonexistant.

The USA is only "two weeks behind" Italy. 

Just like "not enough people want to get tested for coronavirus."

When the possible vaccine is here next year and theres virtually no deaths from coronavirus.  "Not enough people will care to get the vaccine."

Not really ragging on burgum but at the Roosevelt fundraiser in medora he was not wearing a mask, not social distancing, and presumably shaking hands with people ( first two I know... Assuming the third).... Time to eliminate all Corona laws and regulations Dougie?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

And here I was concerned we wouldn't get our weekly jobs update since it was unexpected positive news this week. Thanks for picking up the slack! :wink:

"Unexpected positive news" that the unemployment rate in this country is at 13.3%!?!? :huh: 

Do you cheer and get excited when police precincts get torched too?

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Unexpected positive news" that the unemployment rate in this country is at 13.3%!?!? :huh: 

Do you cheer and get excited when police precincts get torched too?

Why the mental gymnastics to frame a 10+ million job swing vs expectations (adding 2.5 million jobs instead of losing 8 million) as a bad thing? No one said things are back to where they need to be or we've reached the end goal, but it is a hell of a lot better than what was expected.

The president is currently on live TV and there is a concern he is going to throw his shoulder out patting himself on the back about it. So yeah, "unexpected good news" seems to be pretty accurate. He literally just called today the greatest comeback in American history.

You probably also aren't going to like what he had to say about the shutdowns, how many lives he claims were saved and how he says it was all worth it but that's a separate point.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Unemployment numbers dropped from 14.7% to 13.3% while it was expected to go to 19%.

You don't consider that 'unexpected positive news'?  It's not where we need to be but is is a positive step.

Positive step....yes. 

Still struggle to see unemployment at 13.3% as positive news.

But with all the protests in mass, some in the tens of thousands,  I fully expect the unemployment rate to drop quickly as all these mayors and governors lift their restrictions like they have over the past week plus for the law abiding working people.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Cratter said:

"Not enough people will care to get the vaccine."

That brings up a good question. Would others here trust a Coronavirus shot? Would you be willing to just get it?

18 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Does anyone know if Mexico is gonna pay for this wall?  

No matter what party you belong to, I think we want the President of the Unites States to have a big beautiful wall built around it. 

25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I think we can all see just how important the Covid virus really was.  The MSM really does their job quite well.  

Seriously. What is this Covid virus? Never heard of it. lol

But wait for it, we will be forced to have a panic 2nd wave come fall. Mark my words. Weird, must be an election year or something....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GeauxSioux said:

In a rush to discredit Trump the media went wall to wall with coverage on the medical experts reports saying HCQ was dangerous.  The two major studies that were done have now retracted their findings.  How much wall to wall coverage will this get?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=250&v=Gnq7MQMLcVU&feature=emb_logo

I stated before but this goes far beyond the media using it as a way to attack the president. The question remains, who would benefit the most from HCQ being deemed dangerous? Politically, it's pretty obvious. Financially, we'll see.

• Upvote 3