SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Would love to see Hunter Pineke as honorary team captain. I doubt he will play ever again, but can see his leadership being a huge influence. 

Bubba has said even most recently as the fundraiser they had a few weeks ago at Hope Church that he has had conversations in the last 3 years that he always saw Hunter as a captain of this team.  And he motivated Hunter to not only be a leader off the field but be a leader on the field as well.  Hunter won't be playing on the field for UND football next year.  But, Bubba has already told him that he is still a part of this team.  He will still have a locker.  No one is wearing number 36 next year, that's his number.  Hunter is a part of the 2020 UND football team. Since he can't contribute on the field, I can see no better role for him than being one of the captains for this team this year.  I would not be surprised one bit if it were to happen.

• Like 1

My thought on the young QB situation is simple. If they've got the goods then play em.

This is not the ideal situation to be in at all but if the skill and mindset is there then we might be in good shape. If not then the coaching staff better be hitting up experienced transfers. I liked what I saw in Shuster in his limited action. That kid has some stones and to me that is important in a QB. Let's see what the two rookies have as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Well looks like we need a new RB coach. Agnew going to Sac State.

The RB group has more talent and skill than they showed this past season IMO. A new coaching perspective of that position might not hurt. Coach 'em up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

My thought on the young QB situation is simple. If they've got the goods then play em.

This is not the ideal situation to be in at all but if the skill and mindset is there then we might be in good shape. If not then the coaching staff better be hitting up experienced transfers. I liked what I saw in Shuster in his limited action. That kid has some stones and to me that is important in a QB. Let's see what the two rookies have as well.

I don't know anything about the new QB's coming in but what I saw from Schuster last year was impressive, although it was a very small sample. On his short TD pass against Sam Houston he looked to his right, moved the safety and quickly threw back to his left on a slant for the touchdown. It might have been unintentional but it looked like he knew what he was doing. I have a suspicion that he will turn out to be a good one.

21 hours ago, Tangolou said:

I don't know anything about the new QB's coming in but what I saw from Schuster last year was impressive, although it was a very small sample. On his short TD pass against Sam Houston he looked to his right, moved the safety and quickly threw back to his left on a slant for the touchdown. It might have been unintentional but it looked like he knew what he was doing. I have a suspicion that he will turn out to be a good one.

I like him too. If I were a betting man (and I am) I'd say it's Schuster out of spring ball.

9 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Saw in the Herald that Malcolm Agnew is leaving. 

Anybody know the story?

Maybe job security ?  Who knows how the season will play out and the future of bubba as its his last year under contract.  

2 hours ago, northernraider said:

Certainly did a great job on our last three starters, all were very successful. I bet we will see Agnew in the future doing bigger and better things. 

He’s gonna be one of those fast risers in the coaching profession. He’s got the chops and the work ethic and the connections. It’ll be fun to see his ascension.

11 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I do have ND ties and understand a lot of stuff but I don't know anything other than he is leaving.

Is he going to Sacramento?

Sorry - I thought the Sacramento info was out there - what I meant was it's easy to understand his move.