SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

7 minutes ago, Kab said:

If the season is cancelled I would assume the next year would be using the 2021 schedule

what happens to players’ assume all seniors would get another year

that would mean you would have 2 years of freshman coming in that year

what happens to all the scholarships

what a mess this would be 

I would think that by then, they would play in front of an empty stadium before cancelling the season. Not that I have anything to base that off of.

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

This home schedule sucks, (C-).  Jacks game is big (A).  Coyotes should be a big game......fighting to not be the #4 team in ND/SD, but it's still the Coyotes from the S-Hole town known as Vermillion (C).  Valpo a total snoozer and loser game (F-).  Little interest in Missouri St.(D) and So. Ill (C).  The only controllable game is Valpo, need to get rid of these crappy games.

Cool.

32 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Wasn't Southern Illinois the first out of the playoffs last year and the team that Herder and FCS Insider cried over the most? They even ranked them higher than us at the end of the season even though we made the playoffs and they sat at home. 

So. Ill is a pretty good ball club.  It could be the deciding game for both teams to get into the playoffs, so potentially a big game. (It could mean nothing, too)  I don't think it sells season tickets though......not with the stinky turd of Valpo.  I will probably still go to the Valpo game but I don't see how playing a team that's less competition than practice makes us game ready for the Missouri Valley. 

Valpo last year - 187 points scored, 384 points given up against a juggernaut schedule.(1 Win season)

After Valpo.....we're probably catching K-State and The New Newman Juice Boyz at the wrong time.  K-State beat Nichols 49-14 last year, Bowling Green 52-0.

So, just my opinion, but our 1st 2 games suck in 2020, Big Time Suck.

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

This home schedule sucks, (C-).  Jacks game is big (A).  Coyotes should be a big game......fighting to not be the #4 team in ND/SD, but it's still the Coyotes from the S-Hole town known as Vermillion (C).  Valpo a total snoozer and loser game (F-).  Little interest in Missouri St.(D) and So. Ill (C).  The only controllable game is Valpo, need to get rid of these crappy games.

Thanks for saying it so I don't have to.   And we have no business scheduling crap teams like Valpo.   We deserve someone better than that.

17 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Thanks for saying it so I don't have to.   And we have no business scheduling crap teams like Valpo.   We deserve someone better than that.

Yah let's schedule all top teams in our OOC like everyone else does....oh wait.  You guys are idiots.

57 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Man, things are never good enough. Who should UND play instead? Times are tough and the negativity is flowing. 

Yup... library closed.....museum for history researched closed.... no sports on TV or radio.....at least I can sew. Negativity is surely flowing. Sewing masks for health care helps....

I was worried about the fall season from the get go. Even the teams we play not just ND... depends on what each state says about changing this isolation stuff.

***What would be a drop down date to decide about the fall season... of course it is the NCAA but when would we know???***

40 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Yup... library closed.....museum for history researched closed.... no sports on TV or radio.....at least I can sew. Negativity is surely flowing. Sewing masks for health care helps....

I was worried about the fall season from the get go. Even the teams we play not just ND... depends on what each state says about changing this isolation stuff.

***What would be a drop down date to decide about the fall season... of course it is the NCAA but when would we know???***

I tend to believe there will be a season of some kind, but wait until that one kid on one team some where in the country comes down with something more than the sniffles.  Panic and hysteria will rain down upon the althletic directors and college presidents to protect the poor kids . 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Yah let's schedule all top teams in our OOC like everyone else does....oh wait.  You guys are idiots.

So anyone that doesn't like playing one of the worst teams in college FB is an idiot?  It worked out well the last time we played them to start the season.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Like any decent team in any conference that isn't the worst conference in FCS....

I definitely agree the Valpo game isn’t much to get excited about (other than it being season opener and Thursday night - which is always fun), but the rest of the schedule is fine for me. SDSU and USD are big games. Missouri State and Southern Illinois are okay. UND just needs to win and get the job done. 

4 hours ago, ND1 said:

I tend to believe there will be a season of some kind, but wait until that one kid on one team some where in the country comes down with something more than the sniffles.  Panic and hysteria will rain down upon the althletic directors and college presidents to protect the poor kids . 

Unless most of the people in USA have already had the virus.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Drake, Butler,  Valpo . . . What’s the diff?

• Upvote 2

We will be starting either a redshirt freshman or true freshman this year, I’m ok with an easy first game. Heck NDSU has scheduled cream puffs games in week 1 before so it’s not like we are the only ones. It will still be considered a DI win. Hopefully the second string QB gets to to play the whole 4th quarter to get some reps. 

SDSU and USD will be packed house and good games.  SIU with the controversy about them missing playoffs and us getting in, and that it could be a swing game will make it a good game. Bubba formerly coaching there too, maybe this game ends up stirring a bit of a rivalry depending on how it plays out. 

Much too soon to spend a lot of time thinking about the entire season being cancelled. 

31 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I guess the NCAA just cancelled all spring sports in all divisions if I heard correctly.

I had actually already thought they had done that. I just hope the NFL draft isn't postponed; I've lost college hockey, the basketball tourney, NHL, MLB, even my Men's league hockey season an playoffs .... really hoping they don't take the draft away too!

• Upvote 1