SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Hopefully we don’t find an Idaho State in the MVFC. 

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

They also won two games they maybe shouldn't have this year and almost beat a Weber team on the road they shouldn't have came close to......

19 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

They also won two games they maybe shouldn't have this year and almost beat a Weber team on the road they shouldn't have came close to......

Then 9-2 it is. Carry on...….

So I realize camp is a long ways away, but who does everyone think is the frontrunner for the QB1 job this coming season?  Schuster seems to be in the lead for the position.  I don't see Grover moving ahead.  I like how Freund uses Boltman.  I think they need to have him pass the ball more so that opposing defenses don't just play the run because that is what he does the majority of the time he is in there.  Gonna have a redshirt freshman in Schuster and 2 true freshman quarterbacks on the roster next year.  With the redshirt rules now, I hope we can see Quincy Vaughn get in there. (hopefully after we are up big in the second half :D

• Like 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

So I realize camp is a long ways away, but who does everyone think is the frontrunner for the QB1 job this coming season?  Schuster seems to be in the lead for the position.  I don't see Grover moving ahead.  I like how Freund uses Boltman.  I think they need to have him pass the ball more so that opposing defenses don't just play the run because that is what he does the majority of the time he is in there.  Gonna have a redshirt freshman in Schuster and 2 true freshman quarterbacks on the roster next year.  With the redshirt rules now, I hope we can see Quincy Vaughn get in there. (hopefully after we are up big in the second half :D

Grover transferred.

7 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Bobby Petrino hired at missouri state.  That will be interesting to track that hire. 

I would expect them to improve with Bobby pulling in some questionable characters that can play football.  Probably won't be an easy win for very long.  

Chirping him is gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Which year?

Even going back to the glory DII days.....there are times where we lost to teams we shouldn't have, or had really close games with teams we were much better than.  But actually I think this happens to 95% of teams out there.  Heck even NDSU lost to USD when USD wasn't very good.  I remember Weber taking NDSU into the 4th quarter within 7 points, and that was when they were still bottom of the Big Sky in around 2013 or something like that.   It happens in football, it will happen continue to happen to UND on occasion.  I just hope we don't find that one crappy team in the MVFC that gives us fits every year....like Idaho State. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, Oxbow6 said:

7 wins is the best case scenario? Damn UND football is in a bad place. 

Have to have expectations for more wins than that, although I don’t think you’re wrong with the prediction.

• Like 1

We "pissed away" two last year IS and Weber. The only teams that don't "piss away" at least one game a year are playing in late December and January. I would say that Montana State fans could say they "pissed one" away this past year - so it can be overcome. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

7 wins is the best case scenario? Damn UND football is in a bad place. 

Have to have expectations for more wins than that, although I don’t think you’re wrong with the prediction.

They are entering a new league thats tougher than the one they were in.  Yah, let's predict 9 wins.  :silly:

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

They are entering a new league thats tougher than the one they were in.  Yah, let's predict 9 wins.  :silly:

I'd say 7-4 is the most probably best case scenario also.  However I'd say 8-3 could happen if everything went near perfect.  Loss to K State, Loss to NDSU, one other loss.  If we did that, that would be a great year.....assuming we didn't then follow it up with a loss in playoffs. 

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

UND won 7 games playing the “toughest schedule in the country” in 2019. So, is the schedule even tougher now for 2020?

Poor UND football, always going uphill both ways according to some. I’m waiting for some unexpected leaders to rise up. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND won 7 games playing the “toughest schedule in the country” in 2019. So, is the schedule even tougher now for 2020?

Poor UND football, always going uphill both ways according to some. I’m waiting for some unexpected leaders to rise up. 

'Preseason' toughest schedule in country. 

Plus all new teams this year to learn about.