Rate Bubbas UND Tenure  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Bubbas Grade

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

When you act like a D2 program you get these sorts of results. 

UND, in theory, should not get pushed around by random schools that nobody knew existed or where it was.  It's one thing to get dominated by NDSU or SDSU or JMU, etc., but this was an awful look for you guys.  Now I'm irritated because you are making my home state look piss poor.  Nicholls State?  Are we joking here?  

Once Bubba is gone, which will likely be within a couple years, you guys need to get new blood in Grand Forks.  This glory days boys club you have going is a joke and the rest of us are laughing at you, not with you.  KIds these days don't care that you have an all-time winning record against NDSU or were good in the 90's/D2 days.  They want to compete and win and UND hasn't really done that since I was like 12....I'm 27 now.  Adapt or die.  

10 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

How many wins next year?

6 or 7. I’d like to say more but UND football’s ceiling is 7 wins under Bubba. UND needs better coaching/recruiting before they can take the next step. The 9 win 2016 season was an anomaly based on the weak schedule UND had that year. They won’t get that weak schedule again in the MVFC. 

I’d like to think UND will continue to build and get better under Bubba, but there are so many roster holes each season and consistent in-game mismanagements that I just cant predict more than 6 or 7 wins ever with Bubba. Recruiting is poor. In game coaching adjustments absent.

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

When you act like a D2 program you get these sorts of results. 

UND, in theory, should not get pushed around by random schools that nobody knew existed or where it was.  It's one thing to get dominated by NDSU or SDSU or JMU, etc., but this was an awful look for you guys.  Now I'm irritated because you are making my home state look piss poor.  Nicholls State?  Are we joking here?  

Once Bubba is gone, which will likely be within a couple years, you guys need to get new blood in Grand Forks.  This glory days boys club you have going is a joke and the rest of us are laughing at you, not with you.  KIds these days don't care that you have an all-time winning record against NDSU or were good in the 90's/D2 days.  They want to compete and win and UND hasn't really done that since I was like 12....I'm 27 now.  Adapt or die.  

I'm guessing this post won't be real popular here, but it has some truth to it.

We adopted a modern offense for the 2019 season.  I say we ditch this archaic 3-4 and adopt a modern defense for the 2020 season.  

9 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

How many wins next year?

Valpo....win.. 1-0

K state....loss...1-1

Youngstown.  Away game....glass half full....2-1....

SDSU.....at home....but a loss. 2-2

Missouri State.....3-2

Western Illinois.....4-2

South Dakota....5-2

Portland State....6-2

Illinois State....6-3

NDSU at home....6-4.  But we may set a DI attendance record....

SIU....at home....season finale.....7-4

That was glass half full all the way.....4-7 very real possibility. 

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Valpo....win.. 1-0

K state....loss...1-1

Missouri State.....3-2

Western Illinois.....4-2

South Dakota....5-2

Portland State....6-2

Illinois State....6-3

Actually away at NDSU

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well that was embarrassing. Where does the program currently sit?

1. Our WR group is too slow/white. It just is what it is. Our WR does not look D1. Tall slow white boys can ball but if that’s all you have it makes it really hard to get separation against even an average secondary.

2. OL too small. This position group has been a disaster under Bubba.

3. DL too small. This position has also been a huge problem under Bubba. You just can’t run a 3-4 with smallish DL. We either need to recruit DL with body types like what Weber State has or we need to change to a 4 man front. 

4.  Clock management..... that’s all I need to say about that.

5. Our RB group was neglected for 3 years and it shows. Somehow all these other teams can find dynamic big strong backs. We haven’t had one in a while, that needs to change.

6. OLB depth? Not good enough. We only went a legit 3 deep this year.

7. Safety play has been poor since Reyes left. Bubba has really struggled with safeties for a guy who used to coach secondaries.

8. Overall we lack size and athleticism. Is this SC coach’s fault or is it recruiting? Or both?

Personally I feel like Bubba has done what he’s capable of at UND. I don’t know about you but I’m not ok with barely making the playoffs and getting our !@#$ pushed in and that being considered the second best season under him. 

Evaluation is spot on. 

IMO biggest difference yesterday was QB play.  We win the game with Fourcade at QB.  

OL and DL size and strength are glaring weaknesses.  At some point S&C has to play into that problem.  

If you don’t have beef up front to stop the run or run the ball you better be able to take some shots deep and we could not and would not.

7 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You’re aborbs when you pretend to know college football, Johnboy.  Just three seasons ago, Nicholls State lost by 2 in its season opener at Georgia (26-24) and hung in there at Texas A&M in 2017, losing 24-14 to the Aggies.  Now, while Georgia and Texas A&M aren’t exactly powerhouse programs compared to NDSU (sarcasm alert), they do OK for themselves.  Let’s not pretend that this was a loss to Williston State College.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Valpo....win.. 1-0

K state....loss...1-1

Missouri State.....3-2

Western Illinois.....4-2

South Dakota....5-2

Portland State....6-2

Illinois State....6-3

Bubba is Trash as a Coach

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

How many wins next year?

UND has 6 road games next season. They went 1-5 on the road this season. Schuster will be better in the end then Kett but not next year. 7 is the max. 6 most likely with this road schedule. 5 a firm possibility. In the end UND doesn't make playoffs in first year in the MVC.

And for the record can the 2 individuals who gave Bubba an "A" grade as a coach please out themselves. Tony Robbins is waiting for you two on line to #3 to offer you high level positions in his organization.

#awakeningthegiantwithin

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

And for the record can the 2 individuals who gave Bubba an "A" grade as a coach please out themselves. Tony Robbins is waiting for you two on line to #3 to offer you high level positions in his organization.

#awakeningthegiantwithin

Just Moo U trolls. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That should buy Bubba another 2 seasons to prove himself, right?  Meanwhile, NDSU will promote the groundskeeper to head coach and he’ll promptly lead the Bison to a 10+ win season.

My guess unfortunately is they'll have 10 FCS championships before UND ever hits 10 regular season FCS wins. 

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Evaluation is spot on. 

IMO biggest difference yesterday was QB play.  We win the game with Fourcade at QB.  

OL and DL size and strength are glaring weaknesses.  At some point S&C has to play into that problem.  

If you don’t have beef up front to stop the run or run the ball you better be able to take some shots deep and we could not and would not.

You’ve got to think they’re going to undo that horribly stupid idea of trimming down the OL last year. They should all gain 10-20 lbs for next year or we will be in trouble against the better MVFC teams. We got bitch slapped in the trenches this year and it cost us games that were very winnable, yesterday included.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He had us do plenty of stretching. And for the 40 times are you considering the measurement tools and how they compare to the combine and hand times?

I wouldn't call rolling on the foam roller stretching, but that's just me.

Honestly visually they looked slow and this is right before spring ball when guys have been lifting and doing "speed" training. The times were slow as well (if I'm not mistaken I think hand and a system were taken).

Unfortunately his methods are out of date. Especially his lack of position specific training. A linemen does not need the same attributes as a wide receiver and vice versa. It seems you are a big supporter of his. I know players and coaches across the country and this just isn't it. The players I've seen develop across the country are similar to ours, but have a great strength training program that is up to date and position specific. That is why they are faster, more explosive, and agile than us. We aren't playing D2 football (where Baukol's methods were successful... we are playing D1 now). 

However, I completely agree that players diets are absolute garbage. I've seen this and the dining halls are where the concern lays. Should have a food hall for athletes only to monitor diets for all sports programs (this is what the big programs have).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawks_Fan_24 said:

I wouldn't call rolling on the foam roller stretching, but that's just me.

Honestly visually they looked slow and this is right before spring ball when guys have been lifting and doing "speed" training. The times were slow as well (if I'm not mistaken I think hand and a system were taken).

Unfortunately his methods are out of date. Especially his lack of position specific training. A linemen does not need the same attributes as a wide receiver and vice versa. It seems you are a big supporter of his. I know players and coaches across the country and this just isn't it. The players I've seen develop across the country are similar to ours, but have a great strength training program that is up to date and position specific. That is why they are faster, more explosive, and agile than us. We aren't playing D2 football (where Baukol's methods were successful... we are playing D1 now). 

However, I completely agree that players diets are absolute garbage. I've seen this and the dining halls are where the concern lays. Should have a food hall for athletes only to monitor diets for all sports programs (this is what the big programs have).

Doesn't the hockey team has their own food program? Not starting a hockey vs football war but couldn't there be some cross over between programs?