SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS 2019 Playoffs

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I guess knowing the region manager isn't good enough.........:lol:

Then lets go back to your post. Opposing fans got thrown out. Usually its the people causing the trouble are the ones thrown out. Did the regional manager have those details? Probably not because he wasnt there.

Having been in the bar restaurant business I can tell you for a fact----if you are looking for trouble you are going to find it. Plus having been to numerous

SDSU games I can tell you for a fact that they are on the one of the lower rungs in regards to fan behavior towards other fan bases.

29 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Then lets go back to your post. Opposing fans got thrown out. Usually its the people causing the trouble are the ones thrown out. Did the regional manager have those details? Probably not because he wasnt there.

Having been in the bar restaurant business I can tell you for a fact----if you are looking for trouble you are going to find it. Plus having been to numerous

SDSU games I can tell you for a fact that they are on the one of the lower rungs in regards to fan behavior towards other fan bases.

Let me spend my day tracking him down to relive the night.......:lol:  Bison win again......so friendly.  

BYU fans are generally not wanted by bowl towns because they don’t drink.

NDSU fans will be wanted by FBS bowl towns because of their habits of both gluttonous eating and fully imbibe massive quantities .  Good days for bars and lower end restaurants.

Schools like Stanford and Virginia may be the upper end schools, that drink wine but not knock down much beer.

The NDSU supporters and grads in my extended family are generally much bigger weight people and are much less active and much less inquiring about life.  NDSU seems to have a mold that they churn out.  Only recently did a relative take his weight seriously and only drank protein shakes for months and lost 100 pounds.

In other news...back to playoff discussion.

I’ve been looking forward to this matchup and hoping it would be in Frisco all year.

JMU is damn good, well coached and has incredibly talented players at every position group. NDSU will certainly have its hands full.

What concerns me about this game is some of the little things NDSU seems to have become slightly less disciplined with this year. As a fan, I need a larger sample size to determine if it’s the youth of our group or simply a more undisciplined version of NDSU under our new coaching staff, but the penalties and missed tackles that have become more common this year I think may bite us when playing a team as great as JMU. 

Seems like a toss up on paper so I’ll pick an NDSU win in a surprisingly high scoring affair, relatively speaking. I’ll go with 31-27 NDSU, but I would be hard pressed to put a large sum of money on that one.

12 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Except when the Jacks beat you guys a few years back......then opposing fans get punched and thrown out of the bar at BWW.  I know it was just a few dip smacks and alcohol on both sides, but seriously, it could not be easier to be gracious when you hardly ever lose a game.

Yeah I am waiting for when NDSU starts losing a few games and goes two straight years without winning it all, then we will see what they are like. I’m so sick of NDSU fans thanking other teams for putting up a good effort and making the game close, acting all friendly and stuff. Wait until they lose a couple, many will become unhinged. It’s easy to be nice when every other fan base has to kiss your a$$.  Although the way things are going that will be a while. With Lance only being a freshman, can almost pencil him in for playing in three Championship games. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Yeah I am waiting for when NDSU starts losing a few games and goes two straight years without winning it all, then we will see what they are like. I’m so sick of NDSU fans thanking other teams for putting up a good effort and making the game close, acting all friendly and stuff. Wait until they lose a couple, many will become unhinged. It’s easy to be nice when every other fan base has to kiss your a$$.  Although the way things are going that will be a while. With Lance only being a freshman, can almost pencil him in for playing in three Championship games. 

Trey vs Quincy for the ship

16 hours ago, Bison06 said:

In other news...back to playoff discussion.

I’ve been looking forward to this matchup and hoping it would be in Frisco all year.

JMU is damn good, well coached and has incredibly talented players at every position group. NDSU will certainly have its hands full.

What concerns me about this game is some of the little things NDSU seems to have become slightly less disciplined with this year. As a fan, I need a larger sample size to determine if it’s the youth of our group or simply a more undisciplined version of NDSU under our new coaching staff, but the penalties and missed tackles that have become more common this year I think may bite us when playing a team as great as JMU. 

Seems like a toss up on paper so I’ll pick an NDSU win in a surprisingly high scoring affair, relatively speaking. I’ll go with 31-27 NDSU, but I would be hard pressed to put a large sum of money on that one.

From what I've seen, JMU's defense looks every bit as good as NDSU's.  I think they should be able to make Lance look like he's human.  It will be a good game.  Is the FCS Championship usually on ABC?

30 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

From what I've seen, JMU's defense looks every bit as good as NDSU's.  I think they should be able to make Lance look like he's human.  It will be a good game.  Is the FCS Championship usually on ABC?

I agree, JMUs defense is solid. Athletes at every level. They are one of a few teams at the FCS level that I believe likely has equal if not better players than NDSU at many positions. We’ll need to play our best game of the year to beat them I believe.

This is the first year it’ll be on ABC, really good for FCS I believe. Hopefully it’s a great game and continues to introduce new fans to FCS football.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, nodak651 said:

Gotcha.  Not sure what the big deal is that it's a soccer stadium.  People who go seem to love the location and stadium.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.  

Scratch that... I just google to see if Nashville has a stadium.  It looks like they are working on a new MLS stadium that will be slightly larger than Frisco's.   Frisco has my vote until this thing get's built.  I think you would see a lot more FCS fans, from non championship teams, attend the game if it was in a city like this.  Also more of a central location to most FCS teams.  Capacity 27.5k 

Image result for nashville mls stadium

Nashville would be a great location as well. Weather could be similar to Dallas which has proven to not be a guaranteed warm day. Nashville is likely in the 50s in January. The city would have a ton to offer for fans. Hotels downtown have become very expensive but if people want to stay around the suburbs they can find more affordable options.

The host venue is not determined by the NCAA deciding where they want to go. They rely on local sports organizations to submit bids to host. The local organization does the bulk of the heavy lifting for the details of the event so they need to see value in hosting it. It could depend on other events planned around the same time and availability of venues. Frisco likely gets the event each year because they love hosting it and continue to submit bids. If someone else was really interested I'm sure the NCAA would consider them. But those markets have to decide to want to host and put the effort into submitting the bid.

3 hours ago, MIBT said:

Nashville would be a great location as well. Weather could be similar to Dallas which has proven to not be a guaranteed warm day. Nashville is likely in the 50s in January. The city would have a ton to offer for fans. Hotels downtown have become very expensive but if people want to stay around the suburbs they can find more affordable options.

The host venue is not determined by the NCAA deciding where they want to go. They rely on local sports organizations to submit bids to host. The local organization does the bulk of the heavy lifting for the details of the event so they need to see value in hosting it. It could depend on other events planned around the same time and availability of venues. Frisco likely gets the event each year because they love hosting it and continue to submit bids. If someone else was really interested I'm sure the NCAA would consider them. But those markets have to decide to want to host and put the effort into submitting the bid.

Pretty sure the Southland conference is the host.

7 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I agree, JMUs defense is solid. Athletes at every level. They are one of a few teams at the FCS level that I believe likely has equal if not better players than NDSU at many positions. We’ll need to play our best game of the year to beat them I believe.

This is the first year it’ll be on ABC, really good for FCS I believe. Hopefully it’s a great game and continues to introduce new fans to FCS football.

I saw a tweet today that the line has moved to a pick 'em

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I saw a tweet today that the line has moved to a pick 'em

That’s interesting, NDSU opened as a slight favorite correct?

I wouldn’t be surprised if JMU ended up as slight favorites given they are the more experienced team.

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

That’s interesting, NDSU opened as a slight favorite correct?

I wouldn’t be surprised if JMU ended up as slight favorites given they are the more experienced team.

I had seen 5Dimes opened with NDSU as a slight favorite but 2 sports books in Vegas had JMU as a slight favorite. 

On 12/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, bison73 said:

Pretty sure the Southland conference is the host.

The NCAA requires a local school or conference to be a part of the bid to host championship events. If you look closely at the scoring table banners in NCAA tournaments you'll see the school or conference referenced somewhere. Southland would definitely make sense. It's usually a local sports organization that drives the bid though and not the school or conference. That sports entity will then engage a local organizing committee to take care of the details with support from the NCAA and sponsoring school/conference. But the bulk of the heavy lifting is done by the local organizing committee and a slew of volunteers.

3 hours ago, MIBT said:

The NCAA requires a local school or conference to be a part of the bid to host championship events. If you look closely at the scoring table banners in NCAA tournaments you'll see the school or conference referenced somewhere. Southland would definitely make sense. It's usually a local sports organization that drives the bid though and not the school or conference. That sports entity will then engage a local organizing committee to take care of the details with support from the NCAA and sponsoring school/conference. But the bulk of the heavy lifting is done by the local organizing committee and a slew of volunteers.

Nicely said. We see the volunteers at our hotel during the weekend of the game.

3 hours ago, MIBT said:

Love the Nashville idea!  Frisco is locked in for five more years with an option for a sixth.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-01-04/fcs-championship-will-stay-frisco-through-2025-option-2026

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Love the Nashville idea!  Frisco is locked in for five more years with an option for a sixth.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-01-04/fcs-championship-will-stay-frisco-through-2025-option-2026

If anyone has any contacts with the Nashville Sports Council (https://nashvillesports.com/) this is the group who would drive the FCS to Nashville bid. They are likely the agency coordinating the UND hockey game there next year so UND has connections. Make it happen!

• Upvote 1

Hotel rates are much lower the farther you get from Nashville.  Cookeville is much cheaper in the east, Bowling Green, Ky, is cheaper in the north, Clarksville is cheaper in the west and closer to the Alabama border is dirt cheap.  Of course one would be further removed from festivities, but a group can partially solve that.  Stays in Cookeville a number of times when had a departing flight from Nashville.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:29 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Nashville hotels will be double to triple the price of those in Frisco. Just another thing to consider.

We are staying next to the stadium and its 200.00  to 250.00 a night on game weekend. Nashville is going to be 400.00 to 600.00 a night?

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

$350-400 pretty easily

Ive stayed at the Gaylord convention center when I was there for the NWTF convention and sports show and it wasnt close to that. I just checked and they are at 225.00 to 275.00.

Across the street there are a bunch of off brand hotels that are considerably cheaper. Now I have to ask---whose charging 350-400 a night??? Not being a dick I am truly curious.

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Ive stayed at the Gaylord convention center when I was there for the NWTF convention and sports show and it wasnt close to that. I just checked and they are at 225.00 to 275.00.

Across the street there are a bunch of off brand hotels that are considerably cheaper. Now I have to ask---whose charging 350-400 a night??? Not being a dick I am truly curious.

I have never heard of the National What The F convention. 

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

Can't even leave us alone over the Holidays?
Prior posts on this page, 12 NDSU & 10 UND posts.
Get a life.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, bison73 said:

Hotels closer than 10+ miles from the football stadium/downtown area.