Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
SiouxFan100

FCS 2019 Playoffs

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

I attended a men’s breakfast at my church this morning wearing a UND sweatshirt. One of the men asked if that was the school that kept winning the championship. I told him no, it was the other North Dakota school and we talked a bit more about football. He asked if that was the D3 or NAIA championship, since he knew UWF won the D2 championship. He was shocked to find out that it was actually Division I. Funny. 

Most people dont even know FCS football exists or what it is. 

Its virtually a "hidden league" amongst casual sports fans.

I admit to formerly being one of those folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

I attended a men’s breakfast at my church this morning wearing a UND sweatshirt. One of the men asked if that was the school that kept winning the championship. I told him no, it was the other North Dakota school and we talked a bit more about football. He asked if that was the D3 or NAIA championship, since he knew UWF won the D2 championship. He was shocked to find out that it was actually Division I. Funny. 

Now that I live near ETSU, which is also FCS, people around here generally now about FCS.  But if one gets closer to Vol or VaTech territory, they know nothing except FBS.  Troy or South Alabama at that level would help.  Presumably, UWF will soon move up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cratter said:

Most people dont even know FCS football exists or what it is. 

Its virtually a "hidden league" amongst casual sports fans.

I admit to formerly being one of those folks.

Yep, other than fans of FCS schools nobody cares about FCS football.  Just like none of us care too much about what happens in DII now.  It's not going to happen, but if NDSU and UND moved up to FBS, we'd go back to not caring about FCS football, although we'd still recognize the games when we see them roll across Sports Center.   Growing up I knew there was a Division I-AA, a gap between the big schools and UND/NDSU.  I grew up in Western ND and have always loved football, and had not much of a clue that Montana was a top team in I-AA.  I remember after graduating I worked at place in mid 90's and he was from Montana and telling me about how good the Grizzlies were in football.  I had no clue if they were Montana or Montana State.

That's where I find it funny about NDSU fans.  Not all, but some really think the football world revolves around Fargo ND. That Iowa reporter that mocked them was spot on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Growing up I knew there was a Division I-AA, a gap between the big schools and UND/NDSU.  

Same. But I grew up in the D2 days of UND Sports. So it was the big boys in Division 1 and then UND/NDSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep, other than fans of FCS schools nobody cares about FCS football.  Just like none of us care too much about what happens in DII now.  It's not going to happen, but if NDSU and UND moved up to FBS, we'd go back to not caring about FCS football, although we'd still recognize the games when we see them roll across Sports Center.   Growing up I knew there was a Division I-AA, a gap between the big schools and UND/NDSU.  I grew up in Western ND and have always loved football, and had not much of a clue that Montana was a top team in I-AA.  I remember after graduating I worked at place in mid 90's and he was from Montana and telling me about how good the Grizzlies were in football.  I had no clue if they were Montana or Montana State.

That's where I find it funny about NDSU fans.  Not all, but some really think the football world revolves around Fargo ND. That Iowa reporter that mocked them was spot on.

which reporter? link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...