SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS 2019 Playoffs

SiouxFan100

55 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

If he is the greatest QB coach in the nation, I'm quitting my job and going to coaching QBs I could easily make the top 100 list if he is #1!

Idk if he is the best or not, but his qb's have done rather well. If you can do better, I suppose you owe it to yourself to do it!

18 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Idk if he is the best or not, but his qb's have done rather well. If you can do better, I suppose you owe it to yourself to do it!

His QBs have without a doubt been the best in the FCS. There is no argument about that. I think we often forget there are 130 FBS out there that have some legit coaches. I know I know "BuT tHe BiZoN bEaT fBs TeAmS", I still believe if he was that great of a QB whisperer he would be in the FBS or the NFL. 

On 12/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, gundy1124 said:

Except when the Jacks beat you guys a few years back......then opposing fans get punched and thrown out of the bar at BWW.  I know it was just a few dip smacks and alcohol on both sides, but seriously, it could not be easier to be gracious when you hardly ever lose a game.

A few years back (2013 I want to say..) I was down in Brookings for a game and stopped by Cubbies for a drink with my friends. There was a group of former SDSU players literally spitting on the backs of people with NDSU apparel on as we walked through the door. There's idiots in every fan base. Fortunately that night didn't end up with any fists flying, but they were ABSOLUTELY trying to bring that on. 

2 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

His QBs have without a doubt been the best in the FCS. There is no argument about that. I think we often forget there are 130 FBS out there that have some legit coaches. I know I know "BuT tHe BiZoN bEaT fBs TeAmS", I still believe if he was that great of a QB whisperer he would be in the FBS or the NFL. 

I have no idea where Hedberg or any other NDSU coach falls in the grand scheme of things, but if getting coaching jobs was strictly merit based in the NFL, there would be a very different crop of coaches.

5 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I dont know if he has any interest in that anymore. He's an older guy.  

Context matters. If someone says "ndsu is the best team in the country", we know they mean at the FCS level. If someone refers to a FCS coach as "the best in the country," I'd assume they also mean at the FCS level. 

6 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

QB coach for Brock Jensen, Carson Wentz, Easton Stick and  Lance has done an impressive job. These guys have all developed into All-American level QB’s. It doesn’t just happen. 2of 4 are in the NFL and Lance will certainly have an opportunity. Hedberg has developed these guys at the FCS level which is probably tougher than doing the same at FCS. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

QB coach for Brock Jensen, Carson Wentz, Easton Stick and  Lance has done an impressive job. These guys have all developed into All-American level QB’s. It doesn’t just happen. 2of 4 are in the NFL and Lance will certainly have an opportunity. Hedberg has developed these guys at the FCS level which is probably tougher than doing the same at FCS. 

I dont think he was there for Jensen, not that it matters. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Headshaker how SIL moves up in final poll under the guise that MVFC is si tough yet Big Sky has two in semi finals and five in top 10 but UND playing a BS schedule and beating Montana drops out, yes we lost first round, to eventual #11. What did SIL do to justify moving up? Yah there is no bias among those guys.

We didn't play Montana, we beat Montana STATE.

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I read that NDSU started the same five offensive linemen all 16 games. What the hell is our problem?

If that's true that is both remarkable from an endurance point of view and a testament to the on-field performance of those five because they went 16-0. 

PS - What have I been harping about UND for years? Fix the offensive line first. 

38 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Must be why Jenson isn’t in the NFL. Regardless, I doubt there are college QB coaches with a better resume. 

Hedberg went to NDSU in 2014. His primary QBs were Wentz (junior) and Stick (freshman). 

But I still say Hedberg should be buying the OL coaches a lot of meals; they make his QBs look good because they're protected so well. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Corrected that, any thought on the point I made?

When I made the original comment it really didn't bother me that we were left out, but now am wondering why we were?    We obviously were one of the top 24 to make the playoffs, so we should have been ranked in the top 24 really.   The only thing that it would maybe help us to still be ranked would be getting some love in the preseason poll next August.   Seems the voters always look at the previous season.   Looks like we have to work at it next year and get some respect.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hedberg went to NDSU in 2014. His primary QBs were Wentz (junior) and Stick (freshman). 

But I still say Hedberg should be buying the OL coaches a lot of meals; they make his QBs look good because they're protected so well. 

I agree. But somehow the QB’s develop under Hedberg. 

I attended a men’s breakfast at my church this morning wearing a UND sweatshirt. One of the men asked if that was the school that kept winning the championship. I told him no, it was the other North Dakota school and we talked a bit more about football. He asked if that was the D3 or NAIA championship, since he knew UWF won the D2 championship. He was shocked to find out that it was actually Division I. Funny.