SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS 2019 Playoffs

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

su claiming sell-out - hoping to see heads explode and Fargo media meltdown when they discover that Montana State fans travel and a sea of blue and gold fans is the reason for the sell-out. 

I think MSU will represent well.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 1000-1500 Bobcat fans.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Pretty obvious that's backwards or extremely close - it sure as hell isn't forward.  Lance's entire body was in front of the line and it hit Watson in the chest as he was on/behind the line every so slightly.  No?

I agree. All you have to do is look at the yard line and know if its backward or forward. Right?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Pretty obvious that's backwards or extremely close - it sure as hell isn't forward.  Lance's entire body was in front of the line and it hit Watson in the chest as he was on/behind the line every so slightly.  No?

His body is in front, but working really hard to take an objective view I’d say the ball is directly over the yard line.(hard to say for sure as we don’t have the angle directly down the line). Receiver catches/drops the ball also what looks like to be directly over that same yard marker or very slightly behind. My take is they got it wrong. But, it’s one of those calls that due to the limitations of the views was likely going to stay with whatever they called on the field. Refs should have just let it play out and reviewed it, there wouldn’t have been anything concrete to overturn it and the Redbirds would have 6/7 on the board. Hate to see the stripes miss these big ones, but it does happen. As others have said, just because this play got messed up, doesn’t mean it cost ISU the game. Certainly makes the game a lot closer, but doesn’t change the fact that they still would have been down. Impossible to know how the rest of the game plays out.

Clearly I’m a homer so can’t be completely objective, I also have to say that, however unlikely due to the fact that the runner had a blocker, Trey did have an angle and is quite fast. He may have been able to tackle the guy if the whistle hadn’t blown. Maaaaybe.

21 minutes ago, Feff said:

Going by the angle I can see from the feed, there's no way in hell that was a forward pass and the refs completely blew the call.

It was bang-bang for sure.  But watch it again, the ref panicked.  He didn't signal forward or backward and was actually out of position and then panicked, blowing his whistle and waving it dead.

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

But according to the bison posters a few days ago, if it’s thrown a little  itty bit backwards, it doesn’t count. 

• Like 1

100% sure that was a backward pass and the ref's should have to answer for it.  No way should the whistle have been blown.  When it is close like that you need to let it play out.  You can always review the call and reverse it.  No way to reverse the call after blowing whistle and calling it incomplete.  With that said no one knows for sure what the outcome would be after that.  One thing is for sure ILL States chances are much greater if the Ref's get the call correct.  

Hope justice is served this weekend and Montana St kicks their a$$.

9 hours ago, CMSioux said:

su claiming sell-out - hoping to see heads explode and Fargo media meltdown when they discover that Montana State fans travel and a sea of blue and gold fans is the reason for the sell-out. 

Why would we be surprised that MSU fans travel well???  As a matter of fact--- I expect it and would be disappointed if they didnt.

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Might wanna sit this one out bud. When was the last time THE HAWKS NEST was full?

I definitely will sit this game out and apparently like many other locals.
The point I'm making is if the Bizon had enough fans to fill the MANURE PIT, Montana St would have fewer seats.