SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS 2019 Playoffs

SiouxFan100

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well if not a bigger venue, how about not a soccer stadium?  

Does the game sell out?  I guess if there are tons of unsold seats every year then I'm wrong about bigger stadium.  

The stadium and setup in the city are almost perfect for this type of game.

im not sure if you’ve ever been down for one of the games, but if If you’ve ever experienced it my guess is you’d be more than fine with the game staying in Frisco indefinitely.

I’ve been twice and can’t imagine a different venue or town being able to match the game day experience that Frisco can offer the FCS championship.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Does the game sell out?  I guess if there are tons of unsold seats every year then I'm wrong about bigger stadium.  

I think anyone who wants to go is able to.

And what's wrong with a soccer stadium? The field dimensions are about right. When they have the world cup in the US in the next decade...those games are almost certainly going to be played in football stadiums.

It's in a good city that is easy to get to from around the country, in a stadium that seems to be about the right size.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, iramurphy said:

Yes. #1 will be drafted too. This game was never going to be much of a game. The Bison don’t miss tackles. Good teams don’t. Mankato State game is better game. 

Is it just me or does Mankato remind anyone of UND 20 years ago, top notch hockey and a football team on the edge of a D2 championship. 
Nice to see our local team win it this year after failing two years ago.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

2010 EWU-Deleware     13,027

2016  JMU--YSU    14,423

If NDSU isnt there this is what you are looking at.

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

2010 EWU-Deleware     13,027

2016  JMU--YSU    14,423

If NDSU isnt there this is what you are looking at.

Yikes.  I'd be for letting the highest seeded team host then.  Good for the NCAA that NDSU makes it every year.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

The stadium and setup in the city are almost perfect for this type of game.

im not sure if you’ve ever been down for one of the games, but if If you’ve ever experienced it my guess is you’d be more than fine with the game staying in Frisco indefinitely.

I’ve been twice and can’t imagine a different venue or town being able to match the game day experience that Frisco can offer the FCS championship.

My college football team never makes that one.....:lol:

Been to Dallas area a few times.  Can't say I ventured to Frisco.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My college football team never makes that one.....:lol:

Been to Dallas area a few times.  Can't say I ventured to Frisco.  

Haha, yeah I realize that, but you’d be surprised at the amount of fans that go that have no affiliation to either team and just want to experience the whole thing.

Thought maybe you’d been to the game since you were talking about the stadium.

2 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

Is it just me or does Mankato remind anyone of UND 20 years ago, top notch hockey and a football team on the edge of a D2 championship. 
Nice to see our local team win it this year after failing two years ago.

I would say moreso Duluth. Football and hockey championships for them.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, Wilbur said:

They are at the top of the FCS world.  No butt hurt about it, they are a good team and program. 

The worst thing you could do: be butthurt.

The best thing you could do: learn from their processes and become better. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Construction was still.on going in 2017 also.

Gotcha.  Not sure what the big deal is that it's a soccer stadium.  People who go seem to love the location and stadium.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.  

Scratch that... I just google to see if Nashville has a stadium.  It looks like they are working on a new MLS stadium that will be slightly larger than Frisco's.   Frisco has my vote until this thing get's built.  I think you would see a lot more FCS fans, from non championship teams, attend the game if it was in a city like this.  Also more of a central location to most FCS teams.  Capacity 27.5k 

Image result for nashville mls stadium

10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Gotcha.  Not sure what the big deal is that it's a soccer stadium.  People who go seem to love the location and stadium.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.  

Scratch that... I just google to see if Nashville has a stadium.  It looks like they are working on a new MLS stadium that will be slightly larger than Frisco's.   Frisco has my vote until this thing get's built.  I think you would see a lot more FCS fans, from non championship teams, attend the game if it was in a city like this.

Nashville Fairgrounds Stadium (pictured above) is scheduled to open in 2022.  Capacity is going to be 27,500-30,000.  I think that is way to big.  Biggest crowd with NDSU playing at Frisco was 21,411. 

55 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nashville Fairgrounds Stadium (pictured above) is scheduled to open in 2022.  Capacity is going to be 27,500-30,000.  I think that is way to big.  Biggest crowd with NDSU playing at Frisco was 21,411. 

Which is a sellout.  College hockey gets tons of fans that attend the frozen four each year, no matter who is actually playing.  That really isn't the case with FCS football right now.  If the game was in a destination city, it would be easier for people who want to go to drag their family or friends along, and Nashville is a much more central location.  The FCS championship, ideally, should be a huge annual party for ALL fans of FCS football. Also, you don't think NDSU fans would sell this place out?  You gotta know they would... and a school like JMU would see better attendance as well.  UND hockey just sold out the predators arena for a non conf game, largely due to the location.  What would the hockey ticket sales look like if that game was in Frisco?

• Upvote 1

I think NDSU might sell out 27,500. Going to all the championship games gets expensive for some. A new location like Nashville might increase interest to some of their fans who have been to Frisco multiple times before.

not too many other teams could generate that attendance on their own. If the game became more of a draw from fans where their own team wasn’t playing you might have something in Nashville. Kind of like those a fans who go to all the frozen fours whether their team makes it or not.

that all said, Frisco seems to work well and fans have a great experience there.

46 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Which is a sellout.  College hockey gets tons of fans that attend the frozen four each year, no matter who is actually playing.  That really isn't the case with FCS football right now.  If the game was in a destination city, it would be easier for people who want to go to drag their family or friends along, and Nashville is a much more central location.  The FCS championship, ideally, should be a huge annual party for ALL fans of FCS football. Also, you don't think NDSU fans would sell this place out?  You gotta know they would... and a school like JMU would see better attendance as well.  UND hockey just sold out the predators arena for a non conf game, largely due to the location.  What would the hockey ticket sales look like if that game was in Frisco?

Alright, you are convincing me.  I think this has some potential.

Also, there will be a time where NDSU isn't there all the time (hopefully soon).  Looking at the location of FCS schools, Nashville is more centrally located for the majority of FCS schools than Frisco is.  So the location makes sense.   (Which is maybe why the game was in Chatanooga for so many years before Frisco).

teammap.png

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Scratch that... I just google to see if Nashville has a stadium.  It looks like they are working on a new MLS stadium that will be slightly larger than Frisco's.   Frisco has my vote until this thing get's built.  I think you would see a lot more FCS fans, from non championship teams, attend the game if it was in a city like this.  Also more of a central location to most FCS teams.  Capacity 27.5k 

Problem for a few years was the scoreboard was programed for soccer not FB. So they couldnt post the stats of the game. The play clock was funky and not everyone could see it and some other small stuff that is lost to me now. For the most part its gotten better each year to the point they now have beer vendors standing all over the place and have temp taps set up at numerous locations.

19 hours ago, bison73 said:

Problem for a few years was the scoreboard was programed for soccer not FB. So they couldnt post the stats of the game. The play clock was funky and not everyone could see it and some other small stuff that is lost to me now. For the most part its gotten better each year to the point they now have beer vendors standing all over the place and have temp taps set up at numerous locations.

Frisco vendors make a fortune on bizon beer guzzlers as NDSU fans are known all over town for their big spending beer habit.

NDSU fans are equated with the Green Bay Packers farm team down there.

17 minutes ago, bison73 said:

eoiSXmt.jpg

Haha. Pretty good post, except...... He’s a Sioux fan this is a Sioux (hawks for you sensitive folks) board. It’s funny for a Sioux fan to troll bison fans on a Sioux board. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy most of you guys, but look at the irony of your post. It’s funny to me. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bang said:

Haha. Pretty good post, except...... He’s a Sioux fan this is a Sioux (hawks for you sensitive folks) board. It’s funny for a Sioux fan to troll bison fans on a Sioux board. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy most of you guys, but look at the irony of your post. It’s funny to me. 

Fact is hes just an old troll. Makes no difference who it is or what school you are a fan of. He just throws crap out there trying to get a response. Hence my meme.

If you find him funny you dont come here often and if it actually is funny its a rarity. :lol:

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Fact is hes just an old troll. Makes no difference who it is or what school you are a fan of. He just throws crap out there trying to get a response. Hence my meme.

If you find him funny you dont come here often and if it actually is funny its a rarity. :lol:

Fact is b73 is just an old and overweight troll who goes ballistic when anyone says NDSU is going FBS.  Frisco vendors have thanked the Lord for NDSu’s Fans well known drinking habits.  It starts them off in solid black for the year.  Those businesses have learned not to have a lean inventory that weekend.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Frisco-businesses-all-smiles-with-NDSUs-return-to-FCS-Championship-Game-468104493.html

But any crap he throws is sacred to him, because he’s just an old goat refusing to come to reality over bigger money.

That troll continuously spews BS on this board and I’m not afraid to call him out.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Fact is b73 is just an old and overweight troll who goes ballistic when anyone says NDSU is going FBS.  Frisco vendors have thanked the Lord for NDSu’s Fans well known drinking habits.  It starts them off in solid black for the year.  Those businesses have learned not to have a lean inventory that weekend.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Frisco-businesses-all-smiles-with-NDSUs-return-to-FCS-Championship-Game-468104493.html

But any crap he throws is sacred to him, because he’s just an old goat refusing to come to reality over bigger money.

That troll continuously spews BS on this board and I’m not afraid to call him out.

Z2RGB5k.gif

• Upvote 1