SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS 2019 Playoffs

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Again, You might want to sit this one out. Have you been to football games at both the Alerus and the Fargodome? One venue is definitely better... 

I am not bragging about our attendance.
Sure seems funny though when posters on Bozoville that think there are 15,000 fans waiting for season tickets.

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I am not bragging about our attendance.
Sure seems funny though when posters on Bozoville claim there are 15,000 fans waiting for season tickets.

There are definitely NOT 15,000 people waiting for season tickets.That is why I never go on Bisonville.  There may be a thousand or two waiting for season tickets. NDSU could probably sell out 20,000 to 22,000 seats for every regular season game before the season starts, but not a lot more. The first few years the playoffs are new and everybody wants to go. It does get old watching 30 point blowouts. Not an excuse,  but it is the same all over the country in FCS. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding the pass/lateral:  It was very close and probably a forward pass.  BUT as your players will confirm, the turf in the Fargo Dome is very messed up and has a huge bow in the marker lines.   Its very possible that it was thrown backwards but because of the wave in the marker lines it looks like a forward pass. 

So if you are going by the yard lines I would call it a forward pass.  If you were able to draw an straight line across the field of play it could be a backwards pass.

The people at the Fargo Dome need to get this mess fixed, its embarrassing.

I say bad call on the refs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

... the turf in the Fargo Dome is very messed up and has a huge bow in the marker lines.   Its very possible that it was thrown backwards but because of the wave in the marker lines it looks like a forward pass. ... 

The people at the Fargo Dome need to get this mess fixed, its embarrassing.

Why hasn't that deficiency (not straight marking lines) been deemed a deficiency and the place declared an unsuitable field? 

Based on what say you? Based on ... 

2019 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations

RULE 1, SECTION 1, ARTICLE 1.a The game shall be played between two teams of not more than11 players each, on a rectangular field  ... <-- Emphasis added 

My old HS geometry teacher says a rectangle is made of four straight lines (and four 90 degree angles). ;)