SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Black Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Is there discrepancy between what Gophers homers say is the overall win/loss record between the two teams and what we say it is? I seem to recall a difference between the two stats. 

Did not know that there was, how big of a discrepancy?
I know they lead the series, but we just tightened it up by two games.

We were barely able to establish our passing game tonight.  And Scheel has looked vulnerable.  We have had a few defensive lapses against a soft Gopher squad, which either does not bode well or maybe is just getting it out against a weaker side.  Either way, we need to be able to play our game consistently to move deep into post-season play this year.  Not necessarily like Friday's play, but definitely not like tonight's game.  Either way, I will be there, or here, cheering: GO SIOUX!

Welp.....lets put it in true perspective: 

Unfortunately for me I live in North Dakota, so tomorrow I'll take the boy to hockey practice and then after we may pick up his little brother, and do some fishing before the good football games get going in the afternoon.

Probably have some dinner at Famous Dave's and then sit on the porch with a cigar and a stiff drink (or a coors light) before some sleep and probably a little shoveling in the morning.  

The whole day I'll regret not living in Minneapolis......:silly:

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

This is the second sweep since 1980... The other time being when Duncan, Oshie, and Toews were on the team.

Wait...UND has only swept Minnesota twice in the last 39 years?  

That's wild.  One would think that'd happen every 2-3 years even when both teams are good.

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

A lot more people at tonight's game; could still hear the 'Let's go Sioux' chant.  Way to take over Mary-oochie, the new REA South!

Wonder what's going on over on GPL right now...;)

"They have to live in ND"

"UND grads will sweep floors"

"There are no trees in North Dakota"

"Whioux.....whioux???"  

"It floods there....."

Definitely takes away from the sweep that I have to live in ND.....definitely......yup.....

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"They have to live in ND"

"UND grads will sweep floors"

"There are no trees in North Dakota"

"Whioux.....whioux???"  

"It floods there....."

Definitely takes away from the sweep that I have to live in ND.....definitely......yup.....

Low self-esteem, miserable people, angry with life and just plain pieces of !@#$ fan base.

42 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

2006-2007, I believe? With the forever remembered Robbie Bina goal in the Saturday game.

That was the series that that sorry excuse for a ref campion officiated,  every time the Sioux got up by two goals Minnesota would get a power-play.  I think Minnesota had 18 to 21 power plays that weekend compared to our 9?