Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
stoneySIOUX

UND @ Minnesota -- Black Friday Gameday

Recommended Posts

Coming into the series, I would have been happy with a split. After last night and seeing the talent difference from UND to Minnesota, I would be very disappointed with a loss tonight.

UND is better, top to bottom. Play anywhere near our game from last night, game over.

5-1 UND

Kierstad, Pinto, Michaud, Adams, Mash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be too much to ask for the team to wear the blacks on Black Friday? Or are the Gophers not on the level of Canisius and therefor not worthy of the Business Suits?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Would it be too much to ask for the team to wear the blacks on Black Friday? Or are the Gophers not on the level of Canisius and therefor not worthy of the Business Suits?

Hahaha from what I saw last night, the Gophs aren't far ahead. 

I'd bet we wear the business suits tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

3hxawr.jpg

MafiaMan the Merciful!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

3hxawr.jpg

That was good... this one... is my current favorite I've seen on the Interwebs.

Sioux.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can we get some dead gophers on their ice tonight? That would be classic

or at least a decapitated stuffed animal Gopher. Make your own Teddy Bear Toss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can we get some dead gophers on their ice tonight? That would be classic

The Gofers on the ice last night looked pretty dead.:p

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yzerman19 is wise.

Anyone know what the scalping market will be like tonight?  Over the counter is too $.  And last night probably wasn't a good gauge of the secondary market.  Hard to know if people will show up or try to dump their tickets for tonight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

Tonight is a real challenge for any coach in rivalry games.
Mn does have talent.
Will we be mentally and physically ready to start this game at 0-0, and score more goals than MN?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tonight is a real challenge for any coach in rivalry games.
Mn does have talent.
Will we be mentally and physically ready to start this game at 0-0, and score more goals than MN?

Exactly.   I sure hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

Of course, but the talent gap seemed tremendous, especially on the back end for Minny. This won't change tonight. I just flat out think we're better. That's from seeing them play several games before yesterday and of course, after last night.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Of course, but the talent gap seemed tremendous, especially on the back end for Minny. This won't change tonight. I just flat out think we're better. That's from seeing them play several games before yesterday and of course, after last night.

The after last night is what makes this a coaches challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

The thing I liked is the players and Coach Berry's postgame could have been after any win. If you weren't clued into the score you could mistake it for being 4-2 game.  And they kept the focus on, yes tonight was great but they'll come out hard tomorrow night and we have to get the same effort.  I get the feeling that this team is good at keeping an even keel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The after last night is what makes this a coaches challenge.

Sure, but again, I don't 100% think it's an effort thing. I have no reason to believe UND won't bring it tonight. But, I see a talent difference in the two teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

For the outcome to be different tonight MINN won't win the game. UND will have to lose it.

Exactly my thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...