SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Black Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Coming into the series, I would have been happy with a split. After last night and seeing the talent difference from UND to Minnesota, I would be very disappointed with a loss tonight.

UND is better, top to bottom. Play anywhere near our game from last night, game over.

5-1 UND

Kierstad, Pinto, Michaud, Adams, Mash

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Would it be too much to ask for the team to wear the blacks on Black Friday? Or are the Gophers not on the level of Canisius and therefor not worthy of the Business Suits?

Hahaha from what I saw last night, the Gophs aren't far ahead. 

I'd bet we wear the business suits tonight.

yzerman19 is wise.

Anyone know what the scalping market will be like tonight?  Over the counter is too $.  And last night probably wasn't a good gauge of the secondary market.  Hard to know if people will show up or try to dump their tickets for tonight...

22 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

Tonight is a real challenge for any coach in rivalry games.
Mn does have talent.
Will we be mentally and physically ready to start this game at 0-0, and score more goals than MN?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let’s not get too cocky...I’ve seen this rivalry flip outcomes  far too many times. Never get too high or too low playing the Gophers.

Of course, but the talent gap seemed tremendous, especially on the back end for Minny. This won't change tonight. I just flat out think we're better. That's from seeing them play several games before yesterday and of course, after last night.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Of course, but the talent gap seemed tremendous, especially on the back end for Minny. This won't change tonight. I just flat out think we're better. That's from seeing them play several games before yesterday and of course, after last night.

The after last night is what makes this a coaches challenge.

53 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The thing I liked is the players and Coach Berry's postgame could have been after any win. If you weren't clued into the score you could mistake it for being 4-2 game.  And they kept the focus on, yes tonight was great but they'll come out hard tomorrow night and we have to get the same effort.  I get the feeling that this team is good at keeping an even keel.

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The after last night is what makes this a coaches challenge.

Sure, but again, I don't 100% think it's an effort thing. I have no reason to believe UND won't bring it tonight. But, I see a talent difference in the two teams.