SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Black Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

A lot more people at tonight's game; could still hear the 'Let's go Sioux' chant.  Way to take over Mary-oochie, the new REA South!

Wonder what's going on over on GPL right now...;)

Used to frequent that place years ago.  My witty repartee wasn't appreciated, so I showed myself the door after multiple suspensions courtesy of Greyeagle (who's actually a really good guy).  Back when my smack talk arsenal was decent.   

9 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

I went off last night, these people are complete clown shoes. They should have been aborted. But I do like Bonin21

Consider the source.  After almost 30 years in the Twin Cities I can tell you that other than better economic opportunities and a major airport, it really isn't much different.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

Consider the source.  After almost 30 years in the Twin Cities I can tell you that other than better economic opportunities and a major airport, it really isn't much different.   

But Buffalo Wildwings is the best we've got here by a long shot......:whistling:

8 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

7 hours ago, Username Taken said:

The crapping over living in ND is comical...we aren’t gated in, we can live wherever we want. Them not liking it here seems like the ideal situation for everybody. 

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

But Buffalo Wildwings is the best we've got here by a long shot......:whistling:

Yeah don't let that crap bother you.  They take those shots at us, people from other areas of the country take those shots at them, people from other countries take those shots at Americans.

As Nodaks, we get to enjoy the same things that Cities folks do, such as Vikes, Twins, Wild games, nice restaurants, MOA, ValleyFair, etc...but we get to LEAVE after and go back to a slower pace, wide open spaces, a fraction of the traffic, less crime, etc.  That's an ideal situation for many of us!

The cities aren't much different than GF, like Shawn-O mentioned...except when you are comparing hockey programs!  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

more from vegasgopher on gpl:

Ok, let me see if I have this straight about the current state of gopher hockey?

-we are the 4th best program in the BIG, at best
-we are the 4th best program in the state, at best
-our building is half full on most nights, at best. Unless we are playing a rival and then they outnumber us
-for our 2 biggest rivalry weekends of the year we can't even get a band to play. Enrollment is over 50,000 and alumni number in the millions
-we lost the national championship game to Union, I'll say it again Union
-our coach is wearing fancier clothes now than when he coached for Jan Brady state
-not enough Minnesotans, 1st rounders, players over 22 years old, not enough Canadians, too many from Edina/ sw metro
-the Olympic size sheet we've played on forever is now too big and everyone just skates around us and laughs
-ticket prices are too high and beer hasn't helped
-mini donuts are missed more than wins (tongue firmly in cheek)
-Minnesota is now a football school

And the reply is:  Nailed it!

God this makes me happy. Maybe a little bit sad. But WAY more happy than sad haha.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The first one in the PNW just opened last week and the line is an hour plus at all times so far.  It would make a killing in the RRV.

OMG! For some reason I assumed it was Seattle, but it’s 17 minutes away from me! I had no idea!

56 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Well go shopping then? 
A guy like 26 from Minnesota from the MJ would certainly help their campaign. They’re a joke.  

This is the same program that refused to play Denver in the 1960’s because they didn’t think it was fair that Murray Armstrong was recruiting Canadian “men.” There’s a good historical series written by Puck Swami on Letsgodu!  And in part one, he discusses the shenanigans Minnesota pulled with the NCAA and how, I think it was the 1973 DU team wasn’t allowed to play in the tournament. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

This is the same program that refused to play Denver in the 1960’s because they didn’t think it was fair that Murray Armstrong was recruiting Canadian “men.” There’s a good historical series written by Puck Swami on Letsgodu!  And in part one, he discusses the shenanigans Minnesota pulled with the NCAA and how, I think it was the 1973 DU team wasn’t allowed to play in the tournament. 

The Michigan schools were helping MN