SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Black Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I like to listen in to various hockey podcasts just to hear what people around the country are saying about college hockey.  I happened to catch Motzko's interview with Wally Shaver following the UND series.

I like Motzko, and I think he'll do well for Minnesota, but he gave me a chuckle.  After Wally said something about Minnesota coming off a tough weekend against North Dakota, Motzko said that he always goes home and watches recordings of the game.  He said he went home after the Thursday game expecting to see that his team was dominated.

"I didn't see that.  Not at all.  We were right there.  2-1 game.  Pretty even in shots.  Anyone's game.  We get called for another penalty late in the period.  We do a great job killing it off and then basically at the end of the penalty a shot goes in and it's 3-1.  We give one up to start the 2nd and it's 4-1.  It wasn't anything that North Dakota did to us.  We did it to ourselves.  We fumble the puck, there isn't anyone within 20 feet, but it gets turned over and then a goal.  But it had nothing to do with them pressuring us."

Then Wally makes some inane comment.

I don't know.  Sometimes I think you just gotta call a turd sandwich a turd sandwich and move on.  But is description didn't match up to closely with my recollection of that game.

8 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I like to listen in to various hockey podcasts just to hear what people around the country are saying about college hockey.  I happened to catch Motzko's interview with Wally Shaver following the UND series.

I like Motzko, and I think he'll do well for Minnesota, but he gave me a chuckle.  After Wally said something about Minnesota coming off a tough weekend against North Dakota, Motzko said that he always goes home and watches recordings of the game.  He said he went home after the Thursday game expecting to see that his team was dominated.

"I didn't see that.  Not at all.  We were right there.  2-1 game.  Pretty even in shots.  Anyone's game.  We get called for another penalty late in the period.  We do a great job killing it off and then basically at the end of the penalty a shot goes in and it's 3-1.  We give one up to start the 2nd and it's 4-1.  It wasn't anything that North Dakota did to us.  We did it to ourselves.  We fumble the puck, there isn't anyone within 20 feet, but it gets turned over and then a goal.  But it had nothing to do with them pressuring us."

I don't know.  Sometimes I think you just gotta call a turd sandwich a turd sandwich and move on.  But is description didn't match up to closely with my recollection of that game.

If Motzkoball couldn't see and admit the Thursday game was butt-thumping from the drop of the puck to the final horn......

UMtc is in for a longer more painful era of mediocre.... hell even his assistants were almost puking in disgusted rage during the intermissions.... "right there" good lord those players where in a different time zone of talent and skill.

I'd sayit was sheet will, lucky bounces, and B1G stripes that kept it close and respectable Sat night.... but to think thebprogram is "right there" with UND is foolish....

Statements like that don't encourage fans and donorbase, it just creates more doubt about his abilities.

#delusional 

3 hours ago, SJHovey said:

He was the only one that thought that in the entire state of Minnesota.