SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St GDT

southpaw

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

at the beginning of the year i would've banked on 7-4 getting us in but now i'm not so sure

drake 5-4

sam houston state 6-4

cal davis 5-5

cal poly 2-7

montana state 7-3

southern utah 2-8

northern colorado 2-8

7-4 should get us in with our schedule. SHSU shouldve beaten central ark which would've helped us. The hard part of records is all the teams we beat need to be remembered 1 of their losses is to UND

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

at the beginning of the year i would've banked on 7-4 getting us in but now i'm not so sure

drake 5-4

sam houston state 6-4

cal davis 5-5

cal poly 2-7

montana state 7-3

southern utah 2-8

northern colorado 2-8

You forgot 3 - 7 Idaho State

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

With Bubba it's not just the losses - it's how we lose. We usually don't show up for one or two cupcakes each season and then piss games away against the good teams.  A frustrating loss for sure today.

Not sure how you pin this one on Bubba. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

7-4 should get us in with our schedule. SHSU shouldve beaten central ark which would've helped us. The hard part of records is all the teams we beat need to be remembered 1 of their losses is to UND

if shsu doesn't win a game or two we will have only beat one playoff team...msu

12 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I am so frustrated and deflated with the end result of this game.

Having said that, I saw some REALLY good things from UND on both sides of the ball today.  

Bottom line is this team is better now than it was in September, and is playing some good football near the end of the season.

One good thing we didn’t see today was tackling. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Clock management was awful, as it has been for years under this regime.  But all in all we had a good shot at knocking off #3 on the road after a bad start. 

Very poor tackling today. Not sure if Weber is simply that much more talented to make us miss or what, but it was brutal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Clock management was awful, as it has been for years under this regime.  But all in all we had a good shot at knocking off #3 on the road after a bad start. 

Very poor tackling today. Not sure if Weber is simply that much more talented to make us miss or what, but it was brutal. 

But.......... tackling was a point of emphasis from bubba this week. Clock was, and is always, bad for the coaching staff. And, omg, can we save our TOs ??!! Get this together!!!!

47 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You correct in pointing out that the players play the game.  However, I was commenting on Bubba'b body of work - coaches influence culture, attitude, execution, among many other things.  Head coaches control everything from who they recruit to what schemes they run to how they run practice and how the chemistry is in the locker rooms.  Some coaches have the ability to produce teams that seldom make mistakes, execute well, and don't beat themselves. They show up for big games and often find ways to win. I don't include Bubba in this group.  He's not at the bottom either.  He is what his record says he is - a .500 coach.

Deflating loss. I really feel like this would have been a signature win for this program but still a helluva an effort. It’s been said a lot in this forum tonight that the inconsistency of this program is frustrating...and it is, but damnit I’m proud of this team and my heart breaks for Brock Boltmann tonight. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want this team to miss the playoffs...it’s not like we’re playing for draft picks and ya never know in the post season!  Get two more, guys!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, westsidesioux said:

Deflating loss. I really feel like this would have been a signature win for this program but still a helluva an effort. It’s been said a lot in this forum tonight that the inconsistency of this program is frustrating...and it is, but damnit I’m proud of this team and my heart breaks for Brock Boltmann tonight. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want this team to miss the playoffs...it’s not like we’re playing for draft picks and ya never know in the post season!  Get two more, guys!

Totally agree, man this was a punch in the chest how this played out at the end of the game....that totally sucked.  That said I'm proud of the team, and coaches as well.    We were aggressive, had Weber on the ropes....and we should have won.  Yes there were some mistakes too by both coaches and players.  The way the game started.......man I thought .....here we go again.  They showed fight and I thought we were going to pull this out.  I'd like to see that PI that took a TD off the board.   I was ok with Boltmann fielding the kick at the end, hindsight is such 20 - 20 for this group, which i know is normal and I am guilty of it.  Was thinking for a while we'd be sitting here talking about a win, ugh that sucked.  However the game gives me mroe confidence in the team.  Let's win the next two and then get that first playoff win and take it from there.  

Hopefully the team takes it out on our next two opponents. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Props to Luke Skonka today.  Kickstart when we needed some life.  Kid is a very good player and is a different wrinkle for the offense.  

Definitely, how many games has he played in...was that his 3rd?  I'd hold him out the next two weeks and keep him for potential playoff game or two.

Have we burned any shirts yet with guys playing more than the 4 games? 

10 hours ago, WILDCAT said:

Im sure the last thing you guys want is an opposing team's fan here saying anything but that was a hell of a game. North Dakota had a game plan and they executed very well. A bad bounce is the difference in this one. 

These games between our two schools have been battles, im gonna miss seeing these games on our schedules. Hopefully we can get a series scheduled in the near future.

Good luck, win out and lets do this again in the playoffs.

Kind of sad that the most positive thing said about this team all year is from a opposing teams fan. 

• Upvote 4

Tackling was a huge issue yesterday. I can't recall enough times the first guy to the ball made the tackle.

That said, the depth is considerably better than a few years ago. No Bennett, No Turner, wounded Morrison. I did not see any of the frosh (Beach Chadron) am I wrong.

Don't forget, Weber stood toe-to-toe with SU for most of that game. Give the boys some credit for fighting to the finish against a top 3 team. 

All games have IFs, but IF that flea flicker pass to Toivonen  is not underthrown, it's an easy TD. We got 3 in that possession but 7 would have changed things, especially at the end when Boltman tried to make a big play because he is a competitor.