SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St GDT

southpaw

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kostitch should've told the returners that if that ball lands anywhere inside the five let it go into the endzone and and don't touch the GD ball under any circumstance!!!!  take the ball at the 25 and let the offense win the game!!!! to say that this isn't kostitch's fault are just stupid.  the offense was clicking.  

I assume you know that a kickoff is a live ball, right? So if it hits at the 5 and bounces away from the endzone, or to the side, we're screwed. Either they recover or we recover and we're tackled inside of the ten. You understand that, right?

30 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No. That’s a different situation. You could save up to 5 seconds on even a good return and get the ball at the same spot.

so in a tied game with no to's first and ten at the 25 with 15 seconds on the clock you think bubba is gonna run a play?

situation=situational

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no..take a knee in the end zone...take a knee on first and ten and play for overtime.

is that you Dennis Green?

Coach's can't win.  Fan's want a killer mentality until it doesn't work.

No problem with him taking it out.  Can't play afraid.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no..take a knee in the end zone...take a knee on first and ten and play for overtime.

I didn’t mean in your 15 second left example.  I meant in the actual 3:30 or however much time was left vs Weber.  

Even with the fumble, still had an opportunity to win/tie the game.  

8 minutes ago, Big Green said:

is that you Dennis Green?

Coach's can't win.  Fan's want a killer mentality until it doesn't work.

No problem with him taking it out.  Can't play afraid.

just to get this straight....with 15 seconds on the clock of a tied game with no to's you are gonna run what play again???

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

He would've had a decent amount of space.  However, his hand went up so early that several players were at a slow jog by the time he caught the ball.  

I rewound and watched this a few times. He had a lot of room to run and a wall of blockers. I am guessing that punt was supposed to be high and in the middle of the field from watching the Viking players routes from the line of scrimmage.

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just to get this straight....with 15 seconds on the clock of a tied game with no to's you are gonna run what play again???

You can get up to three plays executed in 15 seconds. It’s not impossible to get within Hail Mary range or even field goal range with the first two plays. That is, unless you’re lame and take a knee for OT because you’re too scared to give it a shot at the risk of a mistake.

18 minutes ago, homer said:

I didn’t mean in your 15 second left example.  I meant in the actual 3:30 or however much time was left vs Weber.  

Even with the fumble, still had an opportunity to win/tie the game.  

3:30..nope just over 2 mins...we took over down 3 points with 31 seconds left and no to's.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You can get up to three plays executed in 15 seconds. It’s not impossible to get within Hail Mary range or even field goal range with the first two plays. That is, unless you’re lame and take a knee for OT because you’re too scared to give it a shot at the risk of a mistake.

talk about monday morning qb's if bubba let ketts rip off a few sideline rippers and one gets picked off in pursuit of a 50 yard field goal that would probably have landed at the 5 yard line....very very very few coaches run anything other than a kneel down or at worst a run up the middle...much less old bubba.

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

talk about monday morning qb's if bubba let ketts rip off a few sideline rippers and one gets picked off in pursuit of a 50 yard field goal that would probably have landed at the 5 yard line....very very very few coaches run anything other than a kneel down or at worst a run up the middle...much less old bubba.

Why do anything other than take a knee ever? So many opportunities to throw picks and fumble.

2 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

I assume you know that a kickoff is a live ball, right? So if it hits at the 5 and bounces away from the endzone, or to the side, we're screwed. Either they recover or we recover and we're tackled inside of the ten. You understand that, right?

No reply, huh siouxfan97? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Here is a picture of the kickoff with the tie score just before the ball was kicked.  It's unfortunate for us they didn't see the offside.  He had to be a full yard offside by the time it was stuck.  I have no idea how closely they call this.  nobody else was close to the line.

image.thumb.png.3e2e9aaa1ffe47b25fd86233ece96ff5.png

I'd be more upset if you recovered an on-side kick or forced a fumble.  We lost because we made one less play.  Plenty of things we could of done better what may have change the out come.  There were a few things that when our way.  It happens.  Time to move on .  Beat the snot out of UNC and SUU and  hopefully make playoffs.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I'd be more upset if you recovered an on-side kick or forced a fumble.  We lost because we made one less play.  Plenty of things we could of done better what may have change the out come.  There were a few things that when our way.  It happens.  Time to move on .  Beat the snot out of UNC and SUU and  hopefully make playoffs.  

Agree. I was just excited when I saw the flag since I thought they were offside watching it live.  My hopes were dashed.