SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St GDT

southpaw

17 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

"Longtime fan"

Have been and will forever be.  I’m extremely critical.   I expect wins not a .500 d1 record.  At what point in the d1 era does und expect to win these type of games. I would venture to say 10% thought und had a chance. The winning expectations don’t exist. And for good measure ...  Bubba CAN NOT win a big game. This one was close.  But close doesn’t cut it.   Also, what good would it be to make the playoffs and get embarrassed?  Maybe not even embarrassed just lose.  Und had a seed in “16”.   They had two weeks of healing up and dissecting opposing teams.  Home game with a great crowd. A completely broken Richmond team came to GF after a west coast trip the week before and walked away a victor. Und gained zero from that experience. Actually I would say it’s been a downfall since.  I feel the FCS should go to a 8 team playoff format. The other 16 teams are only there for participating ribbons.   Is there anything here that have I lied about ? Is there anything you would debunk ?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Have been and will forever be.  I’m extremely critical.   I expect wins not a .500 d1 record.  At what point in the d1 era does und expect to win these type of games. I would venture to say 10% thought und had a chance. The winning expectations don’t exist. And for good measure ...  Bubba CAN NOT win a big game. This one was close.  But close doesn’t cut it.   Also, what good would it be to make the playoffs and get embarrassed?  Maybe not even embarrassed just lose.  Und had a seed in “16”.   They had two weeks of healing up and dissecting opposing teams.  Home game with a great crowd. A completely broken Richmond team came to GF after a west coast trip the week before and walked away a victor. Und gained zero from that experience. Actually I would say it’s been a downfall since.  I feel the FCS should go to a 8 team playoff format. The other 16 teams are only there for participating ribbons.   Is there anything here that have I lied about ? Is there anything you would debunk ?  

You're right. The program would be way better off and completely benefit from not making the playoffs. Nothing absolutely ridiculous to see here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

This right here.  I’m at the point I’d rather und not make the playoffs so the embarrassment is kept at a regional sake and not a nation wide publicity.  Deflating  

Anyone who spells UND lowercase is hiding something. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Number 23 takes on number 3 at number threes home field. 
Number 23 spots number three 14 points. 
Number 23 looses by three points. 

I know and feel the heartache but the Sioux showed some stuff today 

Most frustrating was we had a chance to get up by double digits, if we do we win easily.

51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Right.  Where do you stand with a bubba led team. 

He doesn’t inspire me and there are a litany of issues that should have been fixed by him that haven’t been. That said I want this team to do as well as possible and I am more than fine with them making the playoffs at the risk of getting their asses kicked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WILDCAT said:

Im sure the last thing you guys want is an opposing team's fan here saying anything but that was a hell of a game. North Dakota had a game plan and they executed very well. A bad bounce is the difference in this one. 

These games between our two schools have been battles, im gonna miss seeing these games on our schedules. Hopefully we can get a series scheduled in the near future.

Good luck, win out and lets do this again in the playoffs.

I appreciate the post. It’s nice to see there is some chivalry and class left in this world. We’re a bit more bitter around here. Justified or not. 

• Upvote 3