SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St GDT

southpaw

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Run it out and see what happens.  Maybe you are FG range, maybe you run it all the way back.

maybe you fumble and since you have no timeouts you get the ball back with 30 seconds and you lose the game...just take a knee, fair catch it, or let er go out the back of the endzone.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe you fumble and since you have no timeouts you get the ball back with 30 seconds and you lose the game...just take a knee, fair catch it, or let er go out the back of the endzone.

I guess you can either play to win or play not to lose.  I would play to win, but to each their own I guess 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So, just trying to understand your thought process, you want to take avoid touching the ball on the kickoff and pray for a touchback with 2 minutes left. Does the offense then kneel the ball to also avoid any risk? 

4 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Agree. I was just excited when I saw the flag since I thought they were offside watching it live.  My hopes were dashed. 

Same here. What a kick to that sack the end of that game was. They way exceeded my expectations and then came crashing down to earth like the goddamn Hindenburg.

14 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So, just trying to understand your thought process, you want to take avoid touching the ball on the kickoff and pray for a touchback with 2 minutes left. Does the offense then kneel the ball to also avoid any risk? 

more bad things happen on kickoffs then good things...guys running 100mph straight ahead from all different angles and whatnot..

did anyone happen to see what the might Petey Carroll did at the end of the regulation last night....you're welcome!

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

more bad things happen on kickoffs then good things...guys running 100mph straight ahead from all different angles and whatnot..

did anyone happen to see what the might Petey Carroll did at the end of the regulation last night....you're welcome!

That was one second left in a tie game. We had 2:30 left and a chance to win it. That is an apples to oranges comparison. I say have some balls and play to win. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

That was one second left in a tie game. We had 2:30 left and a chance to win it. That is an apples to oranges comparison. I say have some balls and play to win. 

just pointing out that Petey played situational football...one could argue it was a dumb move since you really don't have anything to lose since there is no time on the clock so it's either a td or he gets tackled but.......some guy running 100mph nails that guy and the ball pops out and you have a scrum for 10 yards and the 49ers jump on it the endzone!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

So unpopular opinion here, but setting down my glasses with green and white lenses, it does look like that once Maag and the defender enter the frame, you can kind of catch the end of what looks to be Maag pushing off and creating separation at the 15 yard line.  Notice the defenders head.  Could have let it go since both players were probably hand checking the whole way down, but the defender selling it the way he did is likely what the ref saw and why he threw the flag. 

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So unpopular opinion here, but setting down my glasses with green and white lenses, it does look like that once Maag and the defender enter the frame, you can kind of catch the end of what looks to be Maag pushing off and creating separation at the 15 yard line.  Notice the defenders head.  Could have let it go since both players were probably hand checking the whole way down, but the defender selling it the way he did is likely what the ref saw and why he threw the flag. 

maybe before the defender and Maag come into the frame.  But I don't see it on this video.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Important to note the flag would not have been thrown had Maag not caught it, IMO.

• Upvote 4

Awful call. I'm trying to see it from the ref's point of view and the only thing I can see is what Siouxperfan 7 saw, too... maybe that's what the ref saw. Must be because man that's a tough call that completely changed the game.

Great protection, great throw, great catch, awful call.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Pretty big call to make based on one shove that was undoubtedly cause by the defender grabbing something of Maag's first and before and after that.  

Hand checking always tough to see in real speed.  But a fully extended arm and a head pushed back stand out in the eyes of the ref.  Very unfortunate call.  Definitely the biggest play of the game.  We go up 31-20, we likely win this game.