SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St GDT

southpaw

Before the game, many of us would have been happy to be in this game on the road against a very good team.  It was just hard to watch us take a clear path to winning and throw it away.  I have to believe our coaches told the returners to take a knee unless you have a clear path to getting 30 or 35 yards.  Nobody would predict a fumble from someone who has been one of our most electric offensive threats. We were outmatched on the line but made enough plays to stay in it.  Offensively I thought we needed the trickery as we were not winning it in the trenches.  Haven’t all year.  Glad to see we have added a slant to our repertoire and not just 3 yard passes to the flats.  They worked well. I am seriously hoping however that we are scouring the country to improve our kicking game.  That can’t get much worse.  Need to finish strong and we should be in. Several quality wins and a good showing on the road against a top 5 team.  Not done yet!!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Fancy plays, boring plays, triple option, they’ll lose every important game out there because they’re losers and always will be. 

7-4 won’t get them in with a committee that left them out in 2015. With no accountability and poor attitudes they’ll lose at least one of these last 2 games to just hammer it home and take our wonder out of the equation. 

Why hope for the playoffs with this team anyway? They’d just get embarrassed anyway, because it’d be a big game 

Trigger warning: wannabe SEAL losers are depicted.

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Fancy plays, boring plays, triple option, they’ll lose every important game out there because they’re losers and always will be. 

7-4 won’t get them in with a committee that left them out in 2015. With no accountability and poor attitudes they’ll lose at least one of these last 2 games to just hammer it home and take our wonder out of the equation. 

Why hope for the playoffs with this team anyway? They’d just get embarrassed anyway, because it’d be a big game 

This right here.  I’m at the point I’d rather und not make the playoffs so the embarrassment is kept at a regional sake and not a nation wide publicity.  Deflating  

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Imagine losing by 3 on the road at the number 3 team in the country and then posting this. Woof.

imagine being so numb to their consistent big game losses that you get rolled right in with the loser mentality. Don’t down play it...this loss solidified the end of their season and all they needed to do is manage the clock and play solid fundamental football and they just couldn’t do it. 

If they were 7-1 or 8-0 coming into this game, it’s a different story but this was their super bowl and they pissed it down their leg in true bubba football fashion. 

18 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Fancy plays, boring plays, triple option, they’ll lose every important game out there because they’re losers and always will be

Define a loser mentality if this isn't it?

Just got to Ralph. Another road loss....giving up 30. Too many mistakes at horrible times.

7-4 gets UND in. 4-1 in last 5 with this one being a quality loss.

This is basically a program of first out or last in.

It is what it is..........

Here we are looking back at replays to bitch about the refs missing minuscule calls that caused us to lose. Always looking for excuses. Just gets old that we’re constantly looking back at what could’ve been and looking to point fingers. It’d be more fun to finally have things go well, have some convincing wins in big games and make a push into the playoffs showing some hope to actually do damage. Surprised people aren’t more pissed off like I am. The majority of the fan base just seems used to it I guess. 

My main point is that UND once again beat themselves in a huge game, just like the 2016 playoff game. Weber state didn’t make unbelievable plays in the 4th to beat UND. UND mostly beat themselves and allowed Weber to capitalize on it by just playing football. 

I walked away from the Sam Houston win and UC Davis game with the same mentality. UND tried everything to throw those games but couldn’t quite do it. They were sloppy ugly wins with extremely poor performances late in a tight game by UNDs main guys. Walking away from losses and even WINS with not much confidence in this team is a crappy feeling 

I have a few thoughts and opinions on this game, special teams needs to clean it up. We shouldn’t be losing games because of our special teams. In my personal opinion #4 has not earned the right to take the ball out of the end zone when the game is on the line. Let alone kick it for a extra 10 yards. Let it go and lets win overtime. But for all you Brock Boltman lovers out there he’s a GOOD player he made a dumb mistake. Evan Holm needs to be the returner. He has made plays for us in the past on kick return. This is my opinion on the game. I can’t even imagine what this will do to all you Brock Boltman fans...sorry

1 minute ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

I have a few thoughts and opinions on this game, special teams needs to clean it up. We shouldn’t be losing games because of our special teams. In my personal opinion #4 has not earned the right to take the ball out of the end zone when the game is on the line. Let alone kick it for a extra 10 yards. Let it go and lets win overtime. But for all you Brock Boltman lovers out there he’s a GOOD player he made a dumb mistake. Evan Holm needs to be the returner. He has made plays for us in the past on kick return. This is my opinion on the game. I can’t even imagine what this will do to all you Brock Boltman fans...sorry

Holm has been hurt all year.  I'm guessing he isn't 100% and they don't want to expose him on kick returns. 

I'm not sure what the bold part even means.  I am a Boltmann fan, a Holm fan and a fan of the rest of the team.. I really hope they all do well.

• Upvote 1

I get the frustration. Should have had this one. But put this into perspective. We played a game against the #3 team in the nation, on the road, and we should have won the game. Compare that to the last game of the year against N Arizona. This team is heading in the right direction. We have two games left at home that are must win games but games we should be favored to win. Win out and we are 7-4. Definitely on the bubble. But we are putting us in a position to make the playoffs. 

Although we didn’t win, this team sure went into Ogden feeling like they could know i if the number 3 team in the road. And they damn near dis it. Sometimes statement moments aren’t always wins. Damn proud of this team today win or lose. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Here we are looking back at replays to bitch about the refs missing minuscule calls that caused us to lose. Always looking for excuses. Just gets old that we’re constantly looking back at what could’ve been and looking to point fingers. It’d be more fun to finally have things go well, have some convincing wins in big games and make a push into the playoffs showing some hope to actually do damage. Surprised people aren’t more pissed off like I am. The majority of the fan base just seems used to it I guess. 

My main point is that UND once again beat themselves in a huge game, just like the 2016 playoff game. Weber state didn’t make unbelievable plays in the 4th to beat UND. UND mostly beat themselves and allowed Weber to capitalize on it by just playing football. 

I walked away from the Sam Houston win and UC Davis game with the same mentality. UND tried everything to throw those games but couldn’t quite do it. They were sloppy ugly wins with extremely poor performances late in a tight game by UNDs main guys. Walking away from losses and even WINS with not much confidence in this team is a crappy feeling 

Same with the MSU game? Or does that not fit your narrative so it’s not worth mentioning.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

wasn't looking for the ref to make a call on the kickoff maybe being offside.  Just a comment that when I saw the flag I thought that was what it was for.  Would have been a lucky break for us.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get the frustration. Should have had this one. But put this into perspective. We played a game against the #3 team in the nation, on the road, and we should have won the game. Compare that to the last game of the year against N Arizona. This team is heading in the right direction. We have two games left at home that are must win games but games we should be favored to win. Win out and we are 7-4. Definitely on the bubble. But we are putting us in a position to make the playoffs. 

Although we didn’t win, this team sure went into Ogden feeling like they could know i if the number 3 team in the road. And they damn near dis it. Sometimes statement moments aren’t always wins. Damn proud of this team today win or lose. 

Agree.  This team is going in the right direction.  I real think they take care of business next 2 games.  We need a home playoff games.  Let's get.

• Upvote 1