SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU GDT

F'n Hawks

16 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

We will bounce back and win a couple of more games and the final tally for the season will be disappointing, but respectable, 6-5 or 7-4. But this program is not ready to play in the Mizz Valley Conf. No way. No how. We need to get back in the Big Sky and find some coaches that can coach and players with dawg in them. Win the Big Sky conference 3 out 5 years then, maybe think about moving to the Mizz Valley. I am wondering if the boosters and faculty are pressuring Bubba to build a team that the fan base can relate to (upper Midwest home grown kids). I'm all for giving regional kids a chance to play ball, but you also need kids that have played big time ball in major cities against and had sucesss against legit D-1 FBS talent. UND football seems to have a small town, humble pie approach and it shows on the field. 

That's not how it works at all. UND ain't getting back to the Big Sky. And it's unlikely UND would be winning conference titles in football 3/5 years if they stayed.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Looks like those complaining about the UCDavis game knew what they were talking about.

I think it is better to express your concerns during a win without being picky and petty than just turning around after we lose, then calling for Bubba’s head.  People can see patterns even during the wins.

3 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

I agree 100%. But if your pu an Indy Car driver in a  1974 Pinto...its still a Pinto. Read my previous post I said, we need 'coaches that can coach'. That also includes being able to scheme, adjust in game, motivate, and coaching avg players to become good players. 

This team is an undisciplined mess with a QB who is bad if his first read is not open and he is not under pressure.  Does not matter how talented/untalented a team is when they play like this.  This is a pathetic performance, very similar to performance at EWU.

23 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

That's not how it works at all. UND ain't getting back to the Big Sky. And it's unlikely UND would be winning conference titles in football 3/5 years if they stayed.

I was being sarcastic. I know its not how it works and I also don't see them winning Big Sky anytime soon if they did get back in. My point was we aint ready to be in Mizzy Valley.

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Football's about coaching.  Not too many 5 stars at the FCS level.

I agree, sure we do need some better players. Look at Hauck at Montana. In his second year his team throttled this Idaho State team and he has Montana back as a top 10 team. Anybody think Bubba would have Montana back in top ten in his second year. 

That's right... the way it's going now, we'll go 0-fer in the Missouri Valley for a few years and then drop football... if you're not going to want to compete with the Bison, why play?  Find a coach who's going to get these young kids up for games!!!  After last week, how could you not think you got a chance at the playoffs if you win? Our captains must suck too, by the way. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree, sure we do need some better players. Look at Hauck at Montana. In his second year his team throttled this Idaho State team and he has Montana back as a top 10 team. Anybody think Bubba would have Montana back in top ten in his second year. 

Where would UND be at the moment if Hauck was at the helm?  Football is the ultimate team sport.  Coaching is supreme.

• Upvote 1