SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

No.  It doesn't 

Yes. It does, the committee will take ewu  over und in that scenario every time.  They were in the National championship last year.  Und fans don’t think that matters, but the rest of the country does.

ewu also has a conference with a chair at the selection table. Und doesn’t 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Yes. It does, the committee will take ewu  over und in that scenario every time.  They were in the National championship last year.  Und fans don’t think that matters, but the rest of the country does.

Hate to admit he’s right. Pedigree matters in subjective selections. EWU and MSU have the history. UND doesn’t.

i just have no trust in the selection committee.

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

No 6 game DI wins get in during this 12 game season.  You better check your heifer jumped the fence and looking for action.

• Upvote 2

In 2018, the Big Sky had 4 teams: Montana State 7-4, EWU 9-2, UC Davis 9-2, and Weber State 9-2 (left out: Idaho State and Montana had 6-5 records). In 2017, the Big Sky had 3 teams: Weber State 9-2, NAU, 7-4, and SUU 9-2 (left out: EWU and Sac St. had 7-4 records). In 2016, the Big Sky had 4 teams: Cal Poly 7-4, Weber State 7-4, UND 9-2, and EWU 10-1 (left out: SUU, Northern Colorado, and Montana had 6-5 records). Since UND is essentially a Big Sky school, in 2019 they will be behind these teams: Montana, Weber State, Sacramento State (DII win), and Montana State.

IMO The million dollar question is this: Is the Big Sky the strongest FCS league in 2019? If yes, the committee takes a 5th Big Sky team (either UND or EWU (DII win)) If no, both the Hawks and the Eagles are left out.

Question: 

Pretend we scheduled like Valpo in that open week.  A non scholly D1 team that Minot State (fear the beaver) hangs with.  We win 32-22 because that's what we do.  

We beat SUU this week.  Are we a shoe in?

I'll hang up and listen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Question: 

Pretend we scheduled like Valpo in that open week.  A non scholly D1 team that Minot State (fear the beaver) hangs with.  We win 32-22 because that's what we do.  

We beat SUU this week.  Are we a shoe in?

I'll hang up and listen. 

Yes. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

No 6 game DI wins get in during this 12 game season.  You better check your heifer jumped the fence and looking for action.

Never say never ewu has a pedigree, I know slamming me personally makes you feel better, but try not to let it get in the way of a football conversation amongst adults.

8 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Never say never ewu has a pedigree, I know slamming me personally makes you feel better, but try not to let it get in the way of a football conversation amongst adults.

In a season with 11games, I’d agree.  With 12, there will be lots of bubble teams with 7 wins.  Not sure UND gets in, but it’s gonna be very difficult for EWU.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yo Tex, a 7-5 EWU would only have six DI wins and their best win per Massey Ratings would be over UND.

Pedigree. 

A pedigree doesn’t happen in one year sic.  If you think ewu has 0% chance of making the playoffs this year, just come out and say it.  Myself, I would not say 0% chance 

The committee is seeding 2019 teams into a 2019 bracket. Last year should mean nothing this year: That team is not this team. 

A ‘pedigree’ argument means one has nothing else to use as the case for a team for this season. 

lf pedigree matters Eastern Kentucky (6-5) should be pleased as their 21 all-time playoff appearances should be pedigree enough to get them in this season. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The committee is seeding 2019 teams into a 2019 bracket. Last year should mean nothing this year: That team is not this team. 

A ‘pedigree’ argument means one has nothing else to use as the case for a team for this season. 

lf pedigree matters Eastern Kentucky (6-5) should be pleased as their 21 all-time playoff appearances should be pedigree enough to get them in this season. 

Soooo, 0% chance?