SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

How are the bears THIS bad on offense year in and year out?

I pray that Lance doesn’t end up there.

meanwhile, with 3 softies coming up the Vikings could be rolling into Tampa at 7-5.  Who would have thought that?

Wasn't Atlanta a softy?

23 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wonder if a healthy wentz starts every game this year 

I just watched the game, Wentz was bad.   Maybe even worse than bad.  If I were Philly I'd trade him for whatever they can get just to cut the loss.   Wentz looked good as a Bison only because he had a very good team supporting him.   Now that he has to carry his own weight it shows just how much he sucks, and boy does he suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

How are the bears THIS bad on offense year in and year out?

I pray that Lance doesn’t end up there.

meanwhile, with 3 softies coming up the Vikings could be rolling into Tampa at 7-5.  Who would have thought that?

Not the Vikings we know and love!

Bad loss to a bad Dallas team with a backup QB.

Not that home field advantage is a thing this year but my god have the Vikings been terrible at home this year.  

20 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I just watched the game, Wentz was bad.   Maybe even worse than bad.  If I were Philly I'd trade him for whatever they can get just to cut the loss.   Wentz looked good as a Bison only because he had a very good team supporting him.   Now that he has to carry his own weight it shows just how much he sucks, and boy does he suck.

Wentz may have had a better offensive line in college as far as keeping him healthy. 

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Not the Vikings we know and love!

Bad loss to a bad Dallas team with a backup QB.

Not that home field advantage is a thing this year but my god have the Vikings been terrible at home this year.  

The Defense was bad......

I can't fault Cousins on this one.  He did what he needed to do.  Wasn't his fault the receivers dropped the ball. 

Wentz has been stuck in a rough situation ever since Foles won that Super Bowl and then making another near miracle run a few years later.  Given the fact that it is Philly, its even worse.  

He shouldn't get all the blame, the Eagles have failed him on a number of fronts:  from a coaching and a front office standpoint.   The sheer fact that the NFC East is the worst division I have ever seen in my lifetime means they still can making the playoffs  

Is Jalen Hurts really going to sit behind Wentz for 5 years (given he just signed that extension)?  Are you really going to waste a mid-2nd round pick on a QB that sits and only plays went Wentz gets hurt?

On 11/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Wentz has been stuck in a rough situation ever since Foles won that Super Bowl and then making another near miracle run a few years later.  Given the fact that it is Philly, its even worse.  

He shouldn't get all the blame, the Eagles have failed him on a number of fronts:  from a coaching and a front office standpoint.   The sheer fact that the NFC East is the worst division I have ever seen in my lifetime means they still can making the playoffs  

Is Jalen Hurts really going to sit behind Wentz for 5 years (given he just signed that extension)?  Are you really going to waste a mid-2nd round pick on a QB that sits and only plays went Wentz gets hurt?

Yeah seems dumb to claim Wentz is bad. Dude nearly won an MVP. He's had some problems staying healthy, as has most of his team. Not an ideal situation to be in anymore but thats life.

14 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yeah seems dumb to claim Wentz is bad. Dude nearly won an MVP. He's had some problems staying healthy, as has most of his team. Not an ideal situation to be in anymore but thats life.

From the link below:  Wentz is in the midst of his worst season as a pro. He is first among all players in interceptions (14), fumbles (10) and sacks (40), ranks 32nd in completion percentage (58.4), 31st in yards per attempt (6.2) and has the worst off-target percentage (23%) among all qualifiers, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30412550/sources-philadelphia-eagles-rookie-jalen-hurts-getting-first-team-reps-qb

4 hours ago, Hawkster said:

From the link below:  Wentz is in the midst of his worst season as a pro. He is first among all players in interceptions (14), fumbles (10) and sacks (40), ranks 32nd in completion percentage (58.4), 31st in yards per attempt (6.2) and has the worst off-target percentage (23%) among all qualifiers, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30412550/sources-philadelphia-eagles-rookie-jalen-hurts-getting-first-team-reps-qb

Lest we pile on, and I'm on the record here as loving his story as 'good for ND,' I would say this about CW and stats:

INTs - could well be on him, although it's always been interesting to me that INTs are charged to the QB regardless of who's at fault (although I understand why that's done).

FUMBLES - well, he is a scrambling QB, and QB's touch on pretty much every snap, so as a function/ratio I don't quite know how to assess this, but it is definitely a ball security issue.

SACKS - unless he's making bad decisions, this is hardly his fault.

I've never felt he was super accurate in his passing, but having watched a couple of games this season, I still contend that there are few QB's I'd want to have the ball in their hands when the pocket collapses more than Wentz.  He has an uncanny ability to extend and make things happen on his feet, and that's always been one of his key assets.  Whether he can be a long-term fixture in the NFL remains to be seen.