SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

Just now, North Dakota said:

If it was widely being used why was he the only kid to fail the test? There are 18 players tested after every playoff game. Doesn't make sense that only one failed if this was being handed out by the staff. 

There are always 3 sides to a story. In this case its the kids, the schools and the truth. Doubt we ever hear the truth.

I did have a theory.  It was supposed to be in/out of the system quickly or masked by something else.  Why would a staff member provide something if there was even a chance at a + test??  The mom and player said what they said, "used throughout the locker room."  I think we need this on a t-shirt.

• Upvote 1

Best part about it is mom is once a Bison always a Bison All American status.  

I'm in the "how is he the only one that failed?" group.  Doesn't make sense, and momma bear may be going above and beyond for her cub that isn't telling the whole truth in the matter.

Sad that his college football days could be over if indeed it was a coach that screwed up.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Best part about it is mom is once a Bison always a Bison All American status.  

I'm in the "how is he the only one that failed?" group.  Doesn't make sense, and momma bear may be going above and beyond for her cub that isn't telling the whole truth in the matter.

Sad that his college football days could be over if indeed it was a coach that screwed up.  

Maybe just a position coach so not the whole team.  No coach would give it if they thought they would be caught.  Maybe a limited number of players in the position group. 

Right in the middle of recruiting season.... anyone want to rethink their commitments to NDSU because you see first hand how committed they are toward you.  Just throw the player away and then make the story go away.    In the end, "haven't they already been through enough"... ops wrong quote.

The article says that Matt Larsen "didn't elaborate".  Here's something, as a reporter, ask a question to get him to elaborate.  Having talked to a former NDSU football player that said he wouldn't make it at NDSU today because they are maniacal about the diet of the players and go nuts if they eat anything outside of the designated plan, I can see the players following the instructions of staff to the letter.  Someone needs to elaborate, whether it be the family, or NDSU.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LeftyZL said:

All I know is that if someone(NDSU) was questioning my honesty and integrity, I’d call a spade a spade. Name the coach if it’s true.

NDSU is throwing him under the bus and calling him a liar in the article.

Someone is lying. Time to show your cards.

I'd say that for now, the kid and his mother are attempting to take the high road and do not want to name names at this time. They know what this would do to the program; they are from small town ND and don't want to be called out for naming names so they are trying hard to get the adults in charge to come forward. Can you imagine the backlash for telling what they know?

BIson leaders won't come forward. They want to preserve the good will they have in the recruiting world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I did have a theory.  It was supposed to be in/out of the system quickly or masked by something else.  Why would a staff member provide something if there was even a chance at a + test??  The mom and player said what they said, "used throughout the locker room."  I think we need this on a t-shirt.

I don’t think the coach knew it was banned. Reckless but not intentional.

14 hours ago, homer said:

Weird his mom would lie like that?

Clearly she had an axe to grind as NDSU's first WBB All-American and member of the athletics hall of fame....;)

But as the saying goes, "Once a bison always a bison (until it is inconvenient)."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, North Dakota said:

If it was widely being used why was he the only kid to fail the test? There are 18 players tested after every playoff game. Doesn't make sense that only one failed if this was being handed out by the staff. 

There are always 3 sides to a story. In this case its the kids, the schools and the truth. Doubt we ever hear the truth.

Exactly. If it was as widely used and a third of the dressed players are tested why was he the only positive test? It sounds to me like he doesn't want to tell mommie what he did.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Just as everyone expected. The whole Bison team is taking illegal substances.

Damn good thing UND isn't good enough to get far enough along in the playoffs to get tested. They had a kid arrested for dealing roids about 3 years ago.  

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Damn good thing UND isn't good enough to get far enough along in the playoffs to get tested. They had a kid arrested for dealing roids about 3 years ago.  

Ahhh so it is true and now you have to attack UND. 

Well played.

• Upvote 1