SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Official visits don’t always end in an offer.

You are 100% in the know on every communication that happened with the Florida kid? It just seems like you are making logic leaps based on whatever “insider” information you believe you have and always spinning it in the worst possible way in regards to how NDSU acted.

Just did it again.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You mean see the best in and give the benefit of the doubt to the people we cheer for and donate time/energy/money to?

You just described every college football fan in the country.

Most NDSU fans are masters in covering for their team by applying the most ridiculous spin to every situation. Everything that’s good was intentional. Everything that was bad is someone else’s fault.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

I'll tell you when you tell me why danny told Graetz he would be a 4 game starter next year and guaranteed the next 4 years as a starter?

I just caught something - so you're saying that he was told he would start 4 games, redshirt, then start for 4 years after that? 

Please, pretty please tell me that's what you were stating...oh, and answer why they told him not to tell anybody about their offer

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I just caught something - so you're saying that he was told he would start 4 games, redshirt, then start for 4 years after that? 

Please, pretty please tell me that's what you were stating...

You really don't understand the new redshirt rule do you?

2 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

You really don't understand the new redshirt rule do you?

Yes.  So you were saying that. 

To sum it up:  UND promised he could start four games and then they would bench him, no matter the results, and start somebody else. Got it.

Now your turn....

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

LOFL. Is that the spin you guys concocted?  

Once again Dan - why did they tell Graetz not tell anybody about the offer?  Just please answer the question.  

How do you expect an answer when that knowledge isnt available or whether it actually happened.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Most NDSU fans are masters in covering for their team by applying the most ridiculous spin to every situation. Everything that’s good was intentional. Everything that was bad is someone else’s fault.

On Bisonville maybe. Most NDSU fans I know are hyper critical of the team and everything that surrounds it. We hold the team to a higher standard than your average rube. 

But, the amount of trying to discredit NDSU’s success by insinuating or outright accusing NDSU of cheating their way to seven national championships in eight years that’s been happening on this board lately is ridiculous, so I speak up to defend my guys.

18 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Would or could? Huge difference. 

Exactly. The quote that simple dan put out there isn't something Danny is stating to anyone. I have no doubt he told the kid something along those lines that an opportunity like that could be out there with an open QB competition both this year and then next after Nate and Zim graduate, but not a chance he's risking his first shot at OC by promising a starting role to a kid who isn't on campus.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Exactly. The quote that simple dan put out there isn't something Danny is stating to anyone. I have no doubt he told the kid something along those lines that an opportunity like that could be out there with an open QB competition both this year and then next after Nate and Zim graduate, but not a chance he's risking his first shot at OC by promising a starting role to a kid who isn't on campus.

This is the whole point that’s being discussed. “I have no doubt”, but you don’t know for sure. Just like NDSU fans “have no doubt” that our coaches treated recruits with respect during a difficult process.

So many times, many on this board fail to see their own hypocrisy when they defend their guy when they “have no doubt”, but will call NDSU coaches out for playing dirty. Even if you are hearing directly from an inside source how things went down, it’s still just a matter of perspective in most cases.

Tone down the NDSU is the evil empire rhetoric for a minute and reality will become clear again.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is the whole point that’s being discussed. “I have no doubt”, but you don’t know for sure. Just like NDSU fans “have no doubt” that our coaches treated recruits with respect during a difficult process.

So many times, many on this board fail to see their own hypocrisy when they defend their guy when they “have no doubt”, but will call NDSU coaches out for playing dirty. Even if you are hearing directly from an inside source how things went down, it’s still just a matter of perspective in most cases.

Tone down the NDSU is the evil empire rhetoric for a minute and reality will become clear again.

Still waiting for the answer to my question.  But whatev's I guess.  :whistling: 

51 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

He was our number 2 qb on the board.  

He was the #2 QB on the board but yet NDSU offered 3 other QB's (Bycznski, Roddy and Lewis) a scholarship before him? Strange way to run a recruiting board. Also must have been a surefire "#2" if they were still bringing in QB's on visits before extending an actual scholarship offer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

He was the #2 QB on the board but yet NDSU offered 3 other QB's (Bycznski, Roddy and Lewis) scholarship before him? Not to mention having other QB's come on visits before extending the actual scholarship offer. Strange way to run a recruiting board.

Seems to be pretty successful.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Still waiting for the answer to my question.  But whatev's I guess.  :whistling: 

What makes you think any NDSU fan would have access to that information?

Can we agree that if what you’re saying is 100% true, that they would have had to have told Graetz about their reason?

Can we also agree that if that reason didn’t  pass as aboveboard with Graetz and his family that they likely wouldn’t have agreed to send their child to be coached by these coaches?

I’m not sure what answer you’re looking for here.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What makes you think any NDSU fan would have access to that information?

Can we agree that if what you’re saying is 100% true, that they would have had to have told Graetz about their reason?

Can we also agree that if that reason didn’t  pass as aboveboard with Graetz and his family that they likely wouldn’t have agreed to send their child to be coached by these coaches?

I’m not sure what answer you’re looking for here.

makes you wonder, doesn't it.  Simple Dan?

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The people who were in the room for that conversation all seemed to walk away happy. That’s enough for me I suppose.

Exactly the point.  Thank you.  Although I question how excited NDSU was about giving a full ride to a preferred walk-on.