SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

My nephew was at a truck stop near Drayton. He overheard a conversation that some of the posters on this forum have a secret hide-a-way in the Pembina Gorge near Walhalla. They are allegedly hiring Canadian hookers for parties that last for days. Any questions, contact Shep. He's my attorney. :) 

No, wrong location.... I heard at the MN State High School Hockey tournament from parents sitting next to me that they are hiding in the GF storm sewers that are 5 to 6’.... there are  NDJuice U trolls that live down there. They raid the parties and drink left over warm beer and smoke leftover... whatevers. No one said anything about juice. Do you think the storm sewers will be ok this spring? Contact Shep with questions.

Wishing and hoping and praying the big melt is not like 1997!

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Has there? I honestly don’t know.

And if NDSU has kept them quiet as you say and the forum hasn’t reported them, how do you have knowledge of them?

Just because they aren't publicly reported doesn't mean it didn't happen and people don't talk. Plus, like it was stated, they are public record, not hard to verify.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Just because they aren't publicly reported doesn't mean it didn't happen and people don't talk. Plus, like it was stated, they are public record, not hard to verify.

Do you have specific knowledge of instances that have gone unreported? Hard to search if you don’t have a name.

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

This is very strange. Usually if there is any hint of transgressions from the athletes at NDSU this board is all over it calling for suspensions etc etc etc. But now you are handling it with kids gloves????? Strange. It like this is nothing more than innuendo which is also strange because you are usually the first one to call somebody on being factual.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

It like this is nothing more than innuendo which is also strange because you are usually the first one to call somebody on being factual.

D'oh kay. I don't think a first MIP deserves public humiliation so I'm not publicly throwing out names, those happen with college kids. Disorderly conduct for fighting the night of a playoff game is borderline, but whatever. The assistant coach getting a DUI a week or two after he was hired and instead of reporting it, a puff piece was written on him was an interesting editorial decision, but that was a while back and he's gone now anyway. 

My point is I agree with not publishing every small transgression being the right decision but that the narrative that the Forum actually does that is far from accurate. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, choyt3 said:

https://740thefan.com/news/articles/2019/mar/06/ndsus-matt-larsen-named-athletics-director-of-the-year/#

Of course he was. 

Did the student-athlete, whom (according to Larsen) provided Robbins with the illegal substance that NDSU’s in-house testing missed, just recently get released from another NDSU sport?

More great works from the ndsu athletic department 

https://www.inforum.com/984717-Mom-alleges-NDSU-arena-broke-law-in-denying-her-a-chair-to-sit-beside-disabled-daughter

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Interesting read, sounds like the same department attitude as mentioned previously in this thread; don't talk about it, it'll go away - attitude.

Then, the Bison Pride no matter what group, will be here Monday morning, telling us something like the mother had too much coffee.

• Upvote 2

Great article and the mom is right, as far as I know. I took my mother, wheelchair bound, to Hawaii several years ago. My cousin is VP of an airlines. She mailed my mother all the guidelines of the ADA law. My mother took the letter along to Hawaii, just in case. A companion is in the law, as I remember.

Poorly trained staff.... they should know that plus, who would deny a mother a chair when she needs to be with her handicapped daughter??? Not good.

The world is full of people who think the laws do not apply to them.... I just made a complaint about a possible open meeting law violation. I was clear it was NOT up to me to monitor this (try mayor, city admin and attorney). If I say something then I am the b$&@h and if I am going to be that it will be a public b$&@h. Take care of it now. It was. Life is just about knowing what battles to fight and when to play trump...

NDJuice U has decreasing credibility it seems...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Great article and the mom is right, as far as I know. I took my mother, wheelchair bound, to Hawaii several years ago. My cousin is VP of an airlines. She mailed my mother all the guidelines of the ADA law. My mother took the letter along to Hawaii, just in case. A companion is in the law, as I remember.

Poorly trained staff.... they should know that plus, who would deny a mother a chair when she needs to be with her handicapped daughter??? Not good.

The world is full of people who think the laws do not apply to them.... I just made a complaint about a possible open meeting law violation. I was clear it was NOT up to me to monitor this (try mayor, city admin and attorney). If I say something then I am the b$&@h and if I am going to be that it will be a public b$&@h. Take care of it now. It was. Life is just about knowing what battles to fight and when to play trump...

NDJuice U has decreasing credibility it seems...

This has nothing to do with ""The world is full of people who think the laws do not apply to them.""  It has all to do with a very poorly trained staff. A couple of years ago I called and talked to the manager of the FD about the inconsisity  in the enforcement of tailgate rules. He agreed and further stated that its difficult to have all 200 plus part time employees on the same page no matter how much training is given. Being a former business owner I certainly can agree with that.

But the Mom is correct the accommodation should have been made very easily. The employee is an idiot.

One must also remember the dome is owned by the city of Fargo. Not ndsu. So any related staffing issues has nothing to with ndsu.

4 hours ago, bison73 said:

One must also remember the dome is owned by the city of Fargo. Not ndsu. So any related staffing issues has nothing to with ndsu.

But this incident happened at the SHAC.....which is an NDSU owned facility....so the staffing related issues have something to do with ndsu. And according to the article, the staffing isn't the only issue with the facility in regards to ADA. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

This has nothing to do with ""The world is full of people who think the laws do not apply to them.""  It has all to do with a very poorly trained staff. A couple of years ago I called and talked to the manager of the FD about the inconsisity  in the enforcement of tailgate rules. He agreed and further stated that its difficult to have all 200 plus part time employees on the same page no matter how much training is given. Being a former business owner I certainly can agree with that.

But the Mom is correct the accommodation should have been made very easily. The employee is an idiot.

DING   DING   DING

I could of guessed you'd be the first to drive over, waltz in, and make it sound like nothing again. This is a NDSU building. You guys just don't get it, no matter what SU does wrong it doesn't register in your head. Read the article, lot's of things physically not up to snuff with the building. Interesting on what improvements they did with the building early on though, you do remember them, in fact I will post some for you in my next post?

https://gobison.com/index.aspx?path=facilities

• Upvote 1

I don’t have an issue with football players going out and having a good time; I only posted about why the quiet out of the ‘spring ball’ because I knew of an incident per my niece. Supposedly the whole athletics department knows about what happened-apparently in addition to football players being arrested there were some soccer players. Again I don’t know if this affected information about spring ball or not.

With the SHAC, SU didn't waist time to accommodate Buffalo supporters that had personal comfort complaints. So GOLD, the handicap issues took back seat.

"Not all has been shiny with North Dakota State's new Scheels Center at the Sanford Health Athletic Complex. The athletic department, after a fair number of complaints about leg room in the main arena, is having the seats adjusted to accommodate fans at basketball games and wrestling meets."
https://www.inforum.com/sports/4184488-ndsu-hoping-seat-adjustment-will-alleviate-concerns-new-arena

14 minutes ago, Siouxswim1 said:

I don’t have an issue with football players going out and having a good time; I only posted about why the quiet out of the ‘spring ball’ because I knew of an incident per my niece. Supposedly the whole athletics department knows about what happened-apparently in addition to football players being arrested there were some soccer players. Again I don’t know if this affected information about spring ball or not.

Again, the lack of anything regarding spring football practice towards the end of last week just might have been because the last scheduled day was the 6th (Wednesday) and the next one is Wednesday the 20th. Your trolling game just may be lacking as well.

0C4A5AED-6BF3-4801-ACE5-D6CBEF59CB71.jpeg

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Siouxswim1 said:

Thank you Simone

• Upvote 2

Siouxswim1 is at least somewhat correct. Four UND athletes were arrested at a GF bar on the 2nd for being underage. Three from soccer and one from football(though not one currently on the roster). Like jdub27 keeps saying, public records aren't hard to verify.

Not making value judgements or suggesting the story about a fight is accurate, just validating what's in the public record. Also, the police were called to either the Toasted Frog or Joe Black's three times that night for fighting or helping kick people out at the end of the night, but I have no idea if the two were connected.

3 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

The police were called to either the Toasted Frog or Joe Black's three times that night for fighting or helping kick people out at the end of the night, but I have no idea if the two were connected.

Thats just like any night for JBs.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Seems that should go more into a soccer thread or a former football players thread. 

Not former, but not on the roster. Apparently a UND student athlete that works with the team during spring practice. At least according to a recent GFH article.

And it was only posted here because that's were the debate seems to be. And only facts to resolve things thrown about. 

36 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Not former, but not on the roster. Apparently a UND student athlete that works with the team during spring practice. At least according to a recent GFH article.

And it was only posted here because that's were the debate seems to be. And only facts to resolve things thrown about. 

Seems I was wrong so apologies. I know a large group of them were out and the AD and president gave them a stripping down, but clearly the number of football members being arrested wasn’t accurate.